v 25, Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue that is not specific to v25. It's been happening since 23 but not game stopping. When I discover some techs, the screen that's supposed to show describing the tech, buildings/units enabled just pops up for a split second and disappears. The audio, if any, still plays.

I think this is a bug with the 'minimize AI turn times' or possibly he 'auto-end decisionless turns' options - are you using either (or both) of these? If you have a reproducible case (from a save game of the turn before the tech is discovered, so ending turn after loading the save discovers it) post it and I'll see what's going on.

An amazing mod. It really gave me a very good feeling.

But, just (less although) like Rise of Mankind (a new dawn), the Memory Allocation Failures spoil the fun.
This problem only happened once or twice in the regular civ4 BTS late games; huge maps.
In these mods the MAF problem occurs much sooner on smaller and standard maps.

I've also noticed units have a weird barb/double art representation.
Example : barb knight = bizon or barb unit = oranutang.

Use Viewports, that will hopefully eliminate your MAFs.

I think this is a bug with the 'minimize AI turn times' or possibly he 'auto-end decisionless turns' options - are you using either (or both) of these? If you have a reproducible case (from a save game of the turn before the tech is discovered, so ending turn after loading the save discovers it) post it and I'll see what's going on.

It is linked to Minimize AI turns, I have tested this.

I'm currently using Minimize AI turns. I'm going to disable it and see what happens.

A bug that may not be viewport related: some of my cities are not getting unhealthiness due to population. Some are, some aren't.

Here's the save if you want to take a look. It's pretty big. Couldn't attach to the post for some reason.

http://bayfiles.com/file/j4rF/prHiMl/Portugal_Huge_World.rar

The garbage Dock is not the only building that gives no pollution due to population. A few religion buildings do and other buildings that come about the tech ecology/recycling also do.

The garbage Dock is not the only building that gives no pollution due to population. A few religion buildings do and other buildings that come about the tech ecology/recycling also do.

IMO that's a bit overpowered though the garbage dock specifically has enough negatives that it may be ok).

The Religion buildings do not remove Population :yuck:, they remove building :yuck:.

Cheers

They have been thus since RoM even pre RoM-AND. They do not stop pollution due to buildings or have anything to do with the new pollution stuff.

BTW @all I got a new graphics card, which meant that I needed anew power supply and while getting that done my hard drive ended up with a bad sector. I have spent a day trying to get stuff reinstalled on a new hard drive so don't expect updates from me for a couple of days. At the moment something is still very wrong as it takes 3 seconds to do a page down on these forums even when the page should be fully loaded.

I can confirm this - modifier recalc only exacerbated the problem with more FoW appearing within cultural borders. I first got this after your rev 3269, but then the FoW was gone after a single turn. Now it seems more persistent, but I'll try playing a few turns more and see if it goes away on its own.

FWIW I have viewports disabled, too.

I think I have fixed this now - please check (do a recalc again) with SVN rev 3275 or above.

IMO that's a bit overpowered though the garbage dock specifically has enough negatives that it may be ok).

I didn't even build the garbage dock in my cities (not yet, anyway) - the food loss that the dock causes on water tiles would've been greater than the current food loss from unhealthiness. I'll most likely reach a point when it becomes worthwhile to build it, but that won't be for a long time yet and by then I might have access to more health buildings anyway.

Rev 3275 did the trick with the FoW, working properly now. :thumbsup:

@AIAndy:

I get this in the new SVN:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 950, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 6703, in handleInput

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'showBuildListScreen'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

This is a simple error (I assume anyway) in the XML that defines the garbage dock - it's set to make the city no-unhealth!! I assume this is not intended, but it's Hydro's building, so he'll need to comment and/or fix:

It **might** be deliberate, since the fact that it is also no-food-from-water-tiles and only buildable in coastal cities (and only works with waste-to-sea active) counterbalance it. Whether it's over-powered given those counter-balancing points is certainly debatable, but it's probably not a bug per se.

Ah, thanks. I assume this was part of the tweaks done to the garbage dock in v25. My bad. Dunno about overpowered with it, but without this feature, the garbage dock certainly felt underpowered

If it's memory related it's probably just map size. Viewports should help in that case and your save should be fine. If it persists and crashes reliably at the same point even with viewports post the minidump (minidump.dmp, which will be cerated when a crash occurs in the same folder that contains your BTS EXE)
Turning on the viewports did allow me to continue playing. That seems kinda strange to me as I played a new (my first) game start for 4 hours last night had no problems and am only using a Large map. Restarted this morning (without viewports) and loaded my saved game and CTD, 2nd attempt crashed WinXP (black screen with dos cursor in the upper left corner as I mentioned earlier, didn't mention that that was in fact a 2nd attempt).

Anyway, now that I'm running with viewports I have a few things to report:
1. Most concerning: Opened my capital (and only city, pop of 2) and could not see what tiles were being worked.

2. I had downgraded the video settings to medium, when I restarted with viewports some of my custom settings (e.g. Hide obsolete buildings, Multiple religion spread) somehow were changed after good startup (I noticed and double checked in the bug screen that the toggles had reset). Reset the video settings back to high, restarted the game and the settings seemed ok. Weird.

3. After an automatic viewport switch, a tracker had his flag misplaced into a different square at first there were 2 flags, one good on the unit and a floating one. Manually switched viewport out and back and only the misplaced flag was left. Was normal/fine on the next turn. Also saw the misaligned highlight circle (that went away as instructed click on different unit click back) at the same time as the flag issue.

4. Wanderer glows all the time (albiet I've now lost all of them).

@AIAndy:

I get this in the new SVN:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 950, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 6703, in handleInput

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'showBuildListScreen'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface
Are you sure you have properly updated that?

Anyway, now that I'm running with viewports I have a few things to report:
1. Most concerning: Opened my capital (and only city, pop of 2) and could not see what tiles were being worked.

2. I had downgraded the video settings to medium, when I restarted with viewports some of my custom settings (e.g. Hide obsolete buildings, Multiple religion spread) somehow were changed after good startup (I noticed and double checked in the bug screen that the toggles had reset). Reset the video settings back to high, restarted the game and the settings seemed ok. Weird.

3. After an automatic viewport switch, a tracker had his flag misplaced into a different square at first there were 2 flags, one good on the unit and a floating one. Manually switched viewport out and back and only the misplaced flag was left. Was normal/fine on the next turn. Also saw the misaligned highlight circle (that went away as instructed click on different unit click back) at the same time as the flag issue.

1. Crap, I just realized that you're right. @Koshling, is this known to you, or not?

2. You need to save twice in a row to make the BUG settings save properly. I'm not certain why.

3. That is a known issue with Viewports, just move your unit and the flag and/or highlight circle will correct itself.

1. Crap, I just realized that you're right. @Koshling, is this known to you, or not?

It was fixed yesterday (see yesterday's post on the SVN thread), but yes it's a known issue with the v25 release DLL. If you need the fix you'll need to jive to the SVN or wait for a patch DlL to be posted.

2. You need to save twice in a row to make the BUG settings save properly. I'm not certain why.

I've been able to get them to stick by saving, starting a new game, and then starting the save game again*. Since that means I had to save twice, I guess that's why it was working for me. Thanks for the heads-up on saving me a step...:blush:

*of course, this only happens when I use a new SVN version and delete the old folder

@Koshling

This is a simple error (I assume anyway) in the XML that defines the garbage dock - it's set to make the city no-unhealth!! I assume this is not intended, but it's Hydro's building, so he'll need to comment and/or fix:
Code:
		<BuildingInfo>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_GARBAGE_DOCK</BuildingClass>
			<Type>BUILDING_GARBAGE_DOCK</Type>
			<SpecialBuildingType>NONE</SpecialBuildingType>
			<bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering>
			<bNoUnhappiness>0</bNoUnhappiness>
			[B]<bNoUnhealthyPopulation>1</bNoUnhealthyPopulation>[/B]
			<bBuildingOnlyHealthy>0</bBuildingOnlyHealthy>
		</BuildingInfo>

It **might** be deliberate, since the fact that it is also no-food-from-water-tiles and only buildable in coastal cities (and only works with waste-to-sea active) counterbalance it. Whether it's over-powered given those counter-balancing points is certainly debatable, but it's probably not a bug per se.

Garbage Docks are suppose to give no unhealthiness from population! However the other factors such as +50 water pollution per turn, -5 Food per water tile, -:gold: and :mad: all counter balance this. Not to mention you can only use it under Waste to Sea civic. Which is a horrible civic to begin with. This makes up for having such an unappealing civic.

@Koshling

Garbage Docks are suppose to give no unhealthiness from population! However the other factors such as +50 water pollution per turn, -5 Food per water tile, -:gold: and :mad: all counter balance this. Not to mention you can only use it under Waster to Sea civic. Which is a horrible civic to begin with. This makes up for having such an unappealing civic.

Ok fine, I was just responding to the bug report that someone's cities suddenly had no I'll health - if it's by design that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom