v1.17

Hi Rhye!

Thanks for your great mode!

I tried to start a hotseat RFC MP: start bts, load mod, multiplayer, hotseat, scenario
but whenever I choose a civ, bts doesn't work anymore - sometimes I cannot even load the mod.

Is vista the problem? 2 GB memory are enough, aren't they?

Although I know you retired from civ4 modding already, I'd be happy if you ( or anybody else who reads my posting ), could give me a solution or a hint how to start a hotseat RFC MP.

All the best to you and I hope civ5 will awake your great modding creativity
zyxx

Hi Magnificant One!

Thanks for wanting to help me.:)

I meant the program civ4 bts ends after I choose a civilisation, sometimes I cannot even load the mod.
A windows window opens and says: civ4 doesn't function anymore.

But RFC rand does work :), so I really don't know what the problem is.

Thanks for your help!:)

zyxx

Maybe your copy of RFC MP is corrupted or something like that.Maybe deleting RFC MP and downloading it again might fix it.

Hi Magnificent One!

Thanks for the good idea!
I will try this.
:)

zyxx

For a Pitboss game do I still have to have someone playing as an active Civ or will the game simply skip turns until me and my friend spawn?

My wife and I are trying to play an internet game of Rhye's MP. We've downloaded the same mod, and we're both running it. We can both host, but can't recognize each other's games. The lobby is just empty. Any help would be great.

The games don't show in the lobby sometimes for various reasons (most are security issues of firewalls and new windows versions). You always can try the "Direct Connect" method, that one usually works. Choose Multiplayer->Direct Connect. One has to create a game there, the other has to fill in the IP of the other player (If you play in the same local network, you can use the local IP, usually 192.168.x.x (you'll have to check the last two numbers yourself. Use Windows+R to open the "Run..." window, type "cmd" and Enter. Now a new box should appear. There type "ipconfig" and Enter. Now you get a list of your local network adapters including the IP-adress (format is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
Type this IP in the appropiate field in Civ4, then click "Join Game" and a connection should be established to your game partner who hosts the game.

If you play online, you can't use your local IP to connect and have to use your online IP. An easy method to check what your online IP is, go to http://www.wieistmeineip.de/ . In bold numbers your online IP will be displayed right there. Tell your game partner that IP and then it works the same: enter the IP, press Join and it should work.

Try transfer the mod though a flash drive rather then the internet it sometimes thinks you have two different mods but they are the same.

I really wanna play RFC MP with 2 friends over LAN but in the later stages we always end up with OOC errors. :(
why is this and how can we avoid it?

Top Bottom