v1.61.0004a (Third Release)

Is it just me, or does the event manager not work properly when placed in a mod directory? It seems fine in custom assets, but when I actually want to use it for a mod I can't get it to pick up on any events!

EDIT: Hmm. Ok. If I put a file with events in my custom assets directory, the event manager will find it, but use the copy in the mod directory if there is one.

The Great Apple said:
Is it just me, or does the event manager not work properly when placed in a mod directory? It seems fine in custom assets, but when I actually want to use it for a mod I can't get it to pick up on any events!

EDIT: Hmm. Ok. If I put a file with events in my custom assets directory, the event manager will find it, but use the copy in the mod directory if there is one.
Is it question or suggestion?
I think that Python files in MODS/<Mod-name>/Assets/Python folders are also searched by event manager for event registring function.

SimCutie said:
Is it question or suggestion?
I think that Python files in MODS/<Mod-name>/Assets/Python folders are also searched by event manager for event registring function.
More a bug report. It doesn't work at all when I place it in my mod directory, with, or without it in my customAssets.

Remember their are 2 mods directories, one under Firaxisgame/Civ4 and one under UserDocuments/MyGames. Which one are you using TGA, I suspect only one is being searched, if so then it the search should be extended (dosn't sound very hard to do)

I get a whole load of nasty errors if I try the other one. IIRC there's a bug which prevents that folder from working properly anyway.

Hmm - I checked the code and it seems to search the "My Documents" version.

SimCutie said:
The python file with EventHandlerRegister() should reside in one of these directories
in Civ4 game data folder under User's My Document folder.
These directory will be searched recursively in trees of its subdirectories.
1) .../CustomAssets/python/custom/
2) .../CustomAssets/python/screen/
3) .../MODS/<mod-name>/assets/python/
Maybe it would be a good idea to include the other mods directory as well - AFAIK most people don't use the "My Documents" version due to the (possible fixed) by detailed below.

As for the buggy quote:
Rayanth said:
There is another Mods folder, it has a shortcut labeled _Civ4CustomMods that points to My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS. The problem with this right now is that if you load a Mod from this folder, start and save the game, it fails to re-load it properly. There is an issue with the loading script that corrupts the path it tries to load the mod from. Developers and Players alike should avoid using this directory until the bug is fixed -- there's no real reason to use it over the core Mods directory under Program Files, that I am aware of.
I don't know if this is still buggy or not. I was getting errors, but it could have been caused by my code actually running this time. I will do some tests.

EDIT: Seems to work fine in the "My Documents" folder. It was my fault - I'd messed up the register function.

Top Bottom