1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v1.61.0004a (Third Release)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Community Enchancement Project' started by SpoiledFruit, Jul 1, 2006.

1. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

Is it just me, or does the event manager not work properly when placed in a mod directory? It seems fine in custom assets, but when I actually want to use it for a mod I can't get it to pick up on any events!

EDIT: Hmm. Ok. If I put a file with events in my custom assets directory, the event manager will find it, but use the copy in the mod directory if there is one.

2. SimCutie

SimCutie Chieftain

Is it question or suggestion?
    I think that Python files in MODS/<Mod-name>/Assets/Python folders are also searched by event manager for event registring function.

3. The Great Apple

More a bug report. It doesn't work at all when I place it in my mod directory, with, or without it in my customAssets.

4. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

Remember their are 2 mods directories, one under Firaxisgame/Civ4 and one under UserDocuments/MyGames. Which one are you using TGA, I suspect only one is being searched, if so then it the search should be extended (dosn't sound very hard to do)

5. The Great Apple

I'm using the "Firaxisgame/Civ4" one. I'll try the other later and see if that works.

6. The Great Apple

I get a whole load of nasty errors if I try the other one. IIRC there's a bug which prevents that folder from working properly anyway.

7. The Great Apple

Hmm - I checked the code and it seems to search the "My Documents" version.

Maybe it would be a good idea to include the other mods directory as well - AFAIK most people don't use the "My Documents" version due to the (possible fixed) by detailed below.

As for the buggy quote:
    I don't know if this is still buggy or not. I was getting errors, but it could have been caused by my code actually running this time. I will do some tests.

EDIT: Seems to work fine in the "My Documents" folder. It was my fault - I'd messed up the register function.

8. The Great Apple

Can somebody please confirm that it doesn't work in the Civ install directory mods folder?