v1.x83 feedback (positives and negatives)

, they could not prevuse that the cholera will kill them all

True, they could not. But it did kill the majority of Native Americans.

For the aztecs, spanish created a civil war in the empire with the help of more than 10000 indians allies

That wasn't luck, that was the consequences of Atzec bad treatment of their vassals.

ok, they was not very nice with their vassal...But represents this civil war by a big group of europeeans units is still not a realistic idea in Rhye's and fall of civilization. And it still the problem that mongolians never success to invade china(in a lot of game, that is chinese who invade mongols when they appears!)

I think you should check this post out:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7291897&postcount=26

Greece was not so unstable to prevent AnotherPacifist to achieving a conquest victory in 1929.

Specifically, which stability components (cities, civics, economy, foreign, expansion) are causing your Greek empire to collapse after 1000AD?

There may be another reason (other than inherrent "Greekness") as to why your Greek civ collapsed?

Actually in those Greek games, expansion and economy are the main problem. I also did build almost all the wonders available. Basically my complain is that unless you're a civ genius like AP or Whitefire (I've always admired how they master stability), Greece is the only European civ that can't have more than 3 or 4 cities without stability issues, so I do think the Greek stability modifiers are too penalizing.

Is it possible to turn tech brokering back on after you learn a certain tech? Right now, the later (native American) civs are in much worse shape than before, even though the Old World might be more behind when the Americans show up, you still can't really catch up. Can we change it so that if scientific method is learned one can tech broker again? (Think instruction manuals) If that's too early then maybe Mass Media (think diffusion of knowledge)? Computers is too late for any good.

I already thought of that.
It would require a bit of work. Is it really necessary?

I already thought of that.
It would require a bit of work. Is it really necessary?

Incan UHV is still possible without tech brokering, but it is significantly harder and your options are much narrower than they were previously. I can see why Sci Meth would be a reasonable call, and I agree with AP here.

To a certain extent, you can keep some sort of pace with the tech leaders using espionage. But not being able to broker the techs that you steal to other backwards civs is a killer. Mass Media is very late to open up the tech marketplace, but still better than Computers.

As I noted earlier, late game nobody trades with anybody much because the techs are really too valuable either for military units or spaceship, and with no tech brokering on, everybody is held back. I still see rifles and no combustion in 1940 in civs like Inca, Aztecs or even Japan if they are not my vassals, simply because nobody will trade them assembly line/railroad and they are researching something else. Iron railroads were invented in the 18th century, no?

Another alternative is to allow masters/vassals to tech broker between themselves only.

A couple things:

1. Anyone notice Spain settling this city instead of La Habana or Santo Domingo. Happened twice now.

2. This was interesting: France respawned but despite me controlling Paris and Marseille the cities did not flip and Brest was made its capital. (I did not exploit or anything this is just what happened)

And a couple minor things: Inca had the plague sign on their civ for the entire 20th century and 3. when I was running Occupation and taking over Europe stability confused me as when I took over a city my stability would improve however the general arrow would still be pointing down. I usually am on viceroyalty, resettlement or commonwealth so maybe this is normal just haven't noticed. The 3rd pic is an example of what I mean; I thought for a moment occupation wasn't working because everytime I clicked to check stability the arrow was going down. You really have to pay attention to the numbers to see it was improving.

Attachments

• Donde esta Habana.JPG
    Donde esta Habana.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 138
  • French respawn.JPG
    French respawn.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 112
  • stability.JPG
    stability.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 93
Just played two games as Germany going for the UHV and paying close attention to stability as IMO that is your biggest problem as Germany taking over Europe with perhaps Russia's UP and Turkey's culture as runner ups :p

My first game I made the mistake of trying to do production overkill and didn't build as many cottages as I could. I also refused vassals because I didn't want the drain on my economy. Conquered too soon and was on shaky/unstable for most of the game.

2nd game I realized Germany already has wonderful production even with cottages so built a lot more, had 4 vassals on viceroyalty and defensive pact with Japan. My economy and foreign rating went to 5 stars and I was on Solid/Very Solid most of the game.

I write this as a demonstration of how apparently small changes: a few more vassals, cottages and a defensive pact made huge differences to my overall stability. Not to mention that it actually helped my military I more than made up for what I didn't have in raw numbers to what I had in advanced techs. In my first game I invaded England in 1800s with Cuirassers and in the 2nd game...with Panzers! :D

As for techs my vassal Netherlands was pretty advanced so I sent 4 spies to Amsterdam and after building all the Security Bureas, jails I wanted to build anyway for stability my spy points went to almost 1000 per turn despite always being on 0%. Easy way to catch up and then surpass em.

actually,
AD = Anno Domini = Year (of the) Lord (sorry, nit-picking...but I couldn't let that one rest...)

English uses a lot of Latin phrases. ~1/3 of our language is based on Latin, and it's used throughout the west as a language for scientific and educated things.

Plus AD was/is a Christian thing, and for the longest time all Christians were Roman Catholic, which spoke Latin until pretty recently.

A bit of nitpicking:

Anno Domini xxxx actually means "In the Year of the Lord xxxx". It would otherwise be "Annus Domini". The reason of this notation is that its derived from the Romans (yet again), but they counted with Consuls in charge (ie: In the Year of the Consul Julius Caesar).
Roman Catholics don't speak Latin from a very long time, but the Vatican still does today.

Q-Meister, Paris and Marseilles didn't flip because you must have been solid or very solid when the respawn happened, so none of your cities got flipped. If you're only stable, you would have lost Paris.

I think we should open a poll to see what people's opinions are on opening tech brokering after Scientific Method, or Mass Media, or any other tech... anyone agree?

If not, here's my two cents: I'm definitely for a change in the tech rate, gold/beaker value of techs in trade table, or anything like that, so YES.

I installed the game and played as Japan. I believe I got the offer once to play as a new civ, but I wasn't really paying attention. However I wanted to play as the Americans because my overall plan was to put the Japanese in a strong position (including at least one colony in California) and then take over as the Americans and duke it out with the Japanese. I didn't want to concentrate on the historical objectives. However, when the Americans came, they just spawned and I never got the option to switch to their civilization. Is this a bug, or a new rule or something?

Q-Meister, Paris and Marseilles didn't flip because you must have been solid or very solid when the respawn happened, so none of your cities got flipped. If you're only stable, you would have lost Paris.

I'm pretty sure you don't lose cities when Stable, either, only Shaky or below. At least, Russia once respawned from independents while I was Stable as Germany but didn't take Moscow or Faustindorf (Kiev). Of course, that was before 1.183, maybe it's changed.

I think we should open a poll to see what people's opinions are on opening tech brokering after Scientific Method, or Mass Media, or any other tech... anyone agree?

If not, here's my two cents: I'm definitely for a change in the tech rate, gold/beaker value of techs in trade table, or anything like that, so YES.

Definitely not. Here's one of the typical traits of human beings: first, tech rate was too high. Fine then, let's change it. Now people complain of the contrary. The problem with human beings is they dream for changes but hate them in practice. You just have to develop new strategies, that's all. Before the patch, I had manually tried to set both No Tech Brokering and No Tech Trading and I found that No Brokering was working fine.

The problem with human beings is they dream for changes but hate them in practice.

Hope for change!

ok, they was not very nice with their vassal...But represents this civil war by a big group of europeeans units is still not a realistic idea in Rhye's and fall of civilization. And it still the problem that mongolians never success to invade china(in a lot of game, that is chinese who invade mongols when they appears!)

actually, when i play china i really have to play hard to keep mongol away from killing me, usually i send scouts toward russia so i can try to make them pleased and invade russia instead.

And yeh, we don't really like change (as a species) because we often don't see change that leads us into a good direction, we often don't see the attached strings until the noose has been put into place.

Civhelp: You need the "Unlocked" versions of the Rhye mods or it wont offer you to change to the americans.

Top Bottom