1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v19 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

They had a big discussion about it in the original RoM, i'll see if i can find it, but then again in AND, that is were Afforess made a "No Storms" option because of the loss of memory, i believe (but i think thats just a lower count of storms option).

2. TheDisco

TheDisco Chieftain

To combine the above observations with my previous observations on combat modifiers, I have a general question/comment:

With all the many many new "base terrain" and "terrain features" and "resources" being added to the game, has there been testing as to how they all should combine together to impact the following:

1) Plot yield (commerce, food, hammers) particularly in the case of adjacent to rivers
    2) Combat modifiers (base terrain, terrain features, and unit promotions)
    3) Unit promotions

I know this is a vague question, but as much smaller impact "terrain features" are added to the game (such as "tall grass" or "coconut trees") some of the core civ4 behavior (such as "terrain features" taking precendence over "base terrain" for combat modifiers, promotion modifiers, as well as "adjacent to river" commerce modifiers) may generate unintended consequences (such as unit promotion modifiers not appying or no longer working as intended, or commerce yield being incorrect). There are so many combinations now that it is hard to know they are working as intended or not...

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I've noticed this too. And even going in an checking No Storms and then double saving in MC still does not stop the storms. And they don't dissipate for a long long time.

JosEPh

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

There are events that add and remove storms other that those that the No Storms turn off. The problem is that the more events there are the less likely a storm will get turned off.

5. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

Could you have the events check the gameoption before firing?

6. Sleeeper

Sleeeper Chieftain

Glitch at greenhouse info.

7. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

What's the glitch? You can build "Farmscapers" instead then.

8. strategyonly

After v20 comes out tomorrow, i hope? I am going to ask the Admin to stop this thread, so everything will be needed to be in the v20 thread, Just for Your Info

9. Micael

Micael Chieftain

Hi,

My Girlfriend and I have been playing v19 (the main download), with The Extra Long Movies and Two Extra Civs (we modified the Civ XML, the new Civs are essentially copies of American Civs, just with custom city names and the art tags we like the most).

We've been getting OOS every so often- though once we reload the game we seem to be able to go several more turns before it going OOS on us again.

It may be a co-incidence, but every time it goes OOS on us it seems that either a city is captured somewhere (when my girlfriend lost her city, we instantly OOS'd), or a random event occurs.

I'm afraid we didn't have Random Logging on (didn't know it existed, still haven't checked in the ini - which ini, c2c or bts? - where exactly to turn it on) so all I have is the OOS logs. If it helps you guys track down the cause of these OOSs that's great, if not there's no real harm in giving you the logs anyway ;).

Attached:
    4x Player 0 OOS Logs.
    4x Player 1 OOS Logs.
    I've also attached our Civilization XML file, though it should work perfectly (since its essentially a clone of your civs).

Hope this helps.

- Micael

Attached Files:

10. Sleeeper

Sleeeper Chieftain

The "join city" text.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Would it also be possible to make the V20 a sticky (until v21).

12. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

That is a good observation as I have already fixed an OoS issue with city capturing for V20.

The ini file is CivilizationIV.ini and it is usually located in the My Games folder of your user account.

13. strategyonly

Please, NO MORE POSTING HERE, thanks

Moderator Action: For further bug reports please see the current stuck thread in this subforum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.