1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v19 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

That's exactly what I did, and for me the debugger says it's in Civ4BeyondSword.exe and that stack frames below that cannot be displayed (for both dumps). The modules window correctly confims that symbols are loaded for the DLL. Not sure what I am doing wrong that this isn't working for me (using the latest PDB, which is correct for the version SO was running).

Where in CvUnitAI does your dump claim was on the stack?

2. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

It showed Civ4BeyondSword.exe as topmost, then below it the "might be wrong" warning, then two times msvcr71.dll, then line 377 in CvUnitAI.

3. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

You can revert to an older version in the SVN (but also use the older savegame then).

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Fixed this behaviour. It arises when the hunt automation cannot find anything to hunt reasonably close by (in the region it examines) and also cannot find anything unrevealed to explore nearby. In such circumstances it heads for you border, which is really a late-game behaviour to get hunetrs away from deep inside your interior, but doesn't really achieve much when your area is very small (as here). Changed to add one further step between the inability to find hunt or explore targets and the head-to-border step, which does a local explore-step designed to refresh your visibility on revealed, but currntly not visible plots. This causes it to move towards the area you least recently had visibility of, which is likely to be the best chance of finding something to hunt. Anyway - seems to work for this save game...SVN rev 1496

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

New one, this time selecting a unit to build from the build list.

Even though the revision says 1495 it also states revision 1480 build?

Mini dump attached.

At this rate of CTDs I'm abandoning this game. Seems I can't play thru the Industrial Era on Epic game speed on Noble level, Archipelago map, Huge, with 7AI. I can't get 2 consecutive turns completed without a CTD.

As no one else seems to have this problem, or is not reporting it, so it's got to be on my end somehow. I'm stumped at what to do. Even a new graphics card doesn't help. I'm not a modder so I don't know how to delete XML unit files without crashing the mod. I give up.

JosEPh

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

In the attached, the barbarians have quite alot of defensive units (no problem) BUT they are all on a Tribal Village (goody hut) while the city right next to them only has two defenders???

Not resolved to "my" satisfaction, sorry:sad:

7. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

That sounds like a different issue than the others. I will have a look at the dump this evening.

1480 is the DLL build revision. The build number is only updated whenever you compile the DLL.

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but triobal villages seem to get their own supplyof barbs. I tyink all you're seeing here is a coincidence between a tribal village (with a lot of units) happening to be near a barb city (with 2 units), and that theyr are actually independent of one another.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I'm sure you've provided this info before, but can you tell me what OS you run, and how much physical memory (main memory not video) you have? Also can you load the game and fire up ask manager and tell me what it reports as the memory usage from Civ?

10. strategyonly

Another current minidump, most recent SVN change included.

It might be made by me changing from a current game to a re-loaded game?

Solved by Koshling in SVN.

11. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

It was graphics again. What unit did you try to build?

12. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

DLL crash at line 1668 of CvPlayerAI.cpp due to NULL pointer which means that m_groupCycle contained a bad selection group ID.
    It is in the AI part so I guess best Koshling has a look at it.

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Is there a save game that exhibits it? Not going to get any further than identifying what is NULL (as AIAndy has done) from the minidump. I can try to figure out how that might happen from analysing the code, but it's unlikely I'll suceed to be quite honest.

Edit - actually, looking at this piece of code I think I CAN see the issue. Without a save game I'll have no test case to validate my theory, but I can at least make an in-principal fix.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Early tank.

JosEPh

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Win XP Pro x64, 8GB 1066mhz DDR2 ram.

Where do I find ask manager? Or did you mean Task manager?

Do you need to know my Paging file size?

JosEPh
    Edit: 1,410,xxxK CIV 4, savegame file size 3.096K, Savegame attached also new mini dump from Alt-Tab.

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok, that makes memory issues less likely, though WIn XP 64 bit is another can of worms altogether!

Not 100% sure if this applies to the 64-bit version of Win XP (I **think** it still does apply to th way it runs 32 bit apps like Civ4): http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/04/enabling-3gb-switch-on-windows-vista.html

Is that enabled on your computer if so? (if you are ertain it does not apply to the 64 bit version just ignore me - I admit I'm clutching at straws)

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Nope the 3GB/Switch does not apply to x64 OS. I used to use the switch on my old system that was XP Pro x32.

JosEPh

Edit: Changed how windows assigns ram usage under Video Performance to Appearance to see if it would help. I was using Custom with about 4 options selected. Made it thru 4 turns before another CTD. Mini dump attached.

18. strategyonly

Now this is really starting to tee me off:mad:

With Rev On, when a rebel force appears, they automatically take OVER THE CITY, this is not correct, rev never used to be that way, they were ALL outside the city and not sending my troops outside either.

They either take over the complete city or raze it:mad: which is even worse, IMHO.

There has never been a Revolution in a city that in the history of the world that has ever been like this profound behavior, sorry guys.

This is got to be resolved:sad:

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

REV is (more or less) all Python, which is not something I understand well enough to take on something as massive as REV. Need a volunteer...

20. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

While playing in one of the "Great person has compiled a list" popups I noticed that I was last in culture rating which was odd. I checked victory progress and found that my culture was deep in the negative. Strg-Shift-R didn't do anything. See screenshot.

View attachment 311640

The score per city was about right

View attachment 311641

Maybe this is a side effect of having no espionage and piling up the espionage points on top of the culture points ?

Also, savegame attached, max compat, revision should be 1460.

View attachment 311642

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.