V2 - Hello BtS

vovan

Warlord
Summary:
Version: BtS 3.0.3
Civ: Some BtS, up for discussion
Victory: All available, going for space
Difficulty: Monarch (maybe Prince if people want)
Map: Up for discussion

Roster (now full):
1. vovan
2. dl123654
3. ScubaSteve
4. Lucky1972
5. namliaM

Turn format: standard keep-it-moving 24 hours got it, 48 to play.

Details:
I got BtS the other day, and finished my first game yesterday.

Now I am looking for some people like me (BtS n00bs) to play a simple SG.

This will be BtS v3.0.3. Some new civ, I don't have a preference which. Either Prince or Monarch difficulty, depending on what people want. We'll be looking for a space ship victory (because we want to take the civ "beyond the sword" :D), though other conditions will be enabled as well.

I'm looking for three or four other people. No experience necessary, but the only thing I request is that you are willing to actually write reports. I don't want to see autolog, or similar reports. I want to see screenies, and some discussion. Don't just tell me what you did, tell me why you did it, unless, you know, it has been discussed specifically in detail pre-turn. :)

Sign me up! Even though I havent posted on here before, i am a veteran civ player who is new to BTS. Quick question though, are we picking a new civ only or can we also have a former civ with a new leader?

If just BTS- Id say either Byzantine or Sumerian. If we need/want to rush an opponent and make some room for ourselves, I'd say Sumeria for the Vultures. They are beastly early on. OTOH, if we want to push after we've set up our library/monestary network up for boosted science, Byzantine is the way to go (Cataphract).

If Leaders also- Lincoln! Just because America used to be so involved in trying to get into space.

This seems exactly the SG I was looking for, so I would like to join, if you will have me. I need to clarify that I don`t have any experience in BTS, this will probably be my first game at all. I just got it a few hours ago, and it works. But I didn`t even read much about the new features, just a few SG reports (mainly from the Many Leaders Game). Anyway, since I started SGing I find it much more fun then single playing, so it would be nice to learn about BTS this way.

Great, we are now full it seems! :)

I'm fine with new leaders, as well, by the way.

So, the plan so far:

Size: Regular
Map: Continents
Speed: Normal
Difficulty: Monarch (I gotta be perfectly honest here, I'm not a regular Monarch player, so we'll go with this if everybody else is comfortable with it, and willing to tell me what I am doing wrong :D)
Civ: America (Lincoln) (1vote), Khmer (1 vote)

I'll start the game tomorrow. Until then, those who haven't already, please weigh in on the topic of the settings above. Things that haven't been decided by tomorrow morning, EST, I'll just make an executive decision on. :D Then we will get going.

Vovan

Looks like I just missed the party but if you'll have another or need a backup just let me know, I'll lurk for a while just in case or PM me. I've played a few games on BTS and usually play on Prince level. good luck fellas!

Thanks for accepting me, vovan. I am ok with Prince or Monarch, I can handle Monarch Vanilla or Warlords, but I don`t know how much better is the AI now. Since I only played 30 turns of BTS(Prince Level, got Sumeria randomly) and I am not familiar with the novelties I don`t really have a sugestion for Leader, but I would slightly prefer a new civ and leader over a new leader, old civ.

The game I played as Charlemane of Holy Rome was a lot of fun because of those -75% courts.

Im fine with any and all settings. IDK if that vote for Lincoln is from me, but if it isnt, throw another vote for lincoln in, cause i want to play as him :)

LlamaCat, you're in. ;)

Since we have a lot of people, let's go with the following turn count format: for the first round we'll play 15 turns each, and from then on go for 10.

I've just set the game up. Starting position coming up in a moment.

The Game:
Map: Continents
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Size: Standard
Civ: Khmer (Suryavarman II) Expansive (+2 health, 25% faster worker build, double granary, harbor build), Creative (+2 culture, double library, theatre, colloseum build)
Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal

Here's our start position:

Looks pretty good: we got rice, bananas, dies, gems, ocean and fresh-water access, and a few hills for those hammers. Looks like a great start to me. :)

Will be playing my turns momentarily.

Roster:
1. vovan
2. dl123654
3. ScubaSteve
4. Lucky1972
5. namliaM
6. LlamaCat

Attachments

• V2 - Suryavarman II BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.5 KB · Views: 181
[0] 4000BC - Our starting position looks like a fine place to settle. I thought about moving one south to the river, but we would lose rice and bananas, and we already have fresh water any way. Hence, Yasodharapura is founded where the settler started. :)eek: Perhaps I should have picked a civ with easier town names :D)

The capital starts on a warrior, to be done in 8.

Research starts on the Agriculture (9). It will be a little time until we get that first worker, but it would be nice to have the tech ready for him to build the farm, and also to put a granary into the capital at some point.

[1] 3960BC - Our scout pops a hut and gets some dough.

[3] 3880BC - Borders of Y-city expand.

[5] 3800BC - We spot Marble south of the capital. Might be good for a wonder or two. :)

[7] 3720BC - Another hut, and yet more $$$ (34 this time). We also spot silk not to far off from the marble.

[8] 3680BC - Looks like the first rival here!

And he's scouting with an archer, no less!

Also, Buddhism FIADL.

[9] 3640BC - Y-city grows to 2. Agriculture is researched, I start on the Wheel (9).

[10] 3600BC - We pop another hut and are given a map.

Umm... Interesting.

[12] 3520BC - Y-city builds a warrior. I queue up another one for now. It will grow in 3 turns, and will switch to worker then. The warrior goes exploring for now, though he won't venture too far off.

[14] 3440BC - Hinduism FIADL. Also, I find Huayna's capital city location, off to the south.

[15] 3400BC - Y-town grows to 3. I switch it to a worker, though since this is my last turn, feel free to override that as you see fit.

Here's an overview of the known world:

Roster:
1. vovan
2. dl123654 - UP (15 turns)
3. ScubaSteve - On Deck
4. Lucky1972
5. namliaM
6. LlamaCat

Attachments

• V2 - Suryavarman II BC-3400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    50.9 KB · Views: 163
Hmz, coastal start without any seafood :(

This start just screams Calander beeline ....

Agr => BW => Calander

Make sure to grow to size 2 before starting a worker, otherwize the 25% bonus will simply be lost...

Sorry, didn't see your post there while playing. Well, I agree we need Calendar, because of bananas and dies. :) I guess BW would be our goal once we are done with the wheel...

There does seem to be seafood, now... Though I didn't see it before the border pop... And any way, now it's too far off for us to take any advantage of...

Also, hope I didn't :smoke: and delay the worker construction for *too* long...

I hope you dont mind some sporting critique?

Why research the wheel at this point?? Do we need it?? Nope... Agr, BW are the first 2 techs we are going to need... Priorities...

Roading doesnt do us any good except bring us closer to Pottery, which we are not going to need for a while yet :( Now I think of it, maybe we should have gone BW first so we could whip the worker...

Why did you put the 3 hammers into the warrior? The hammers will decay before we can finish it, better have put the hammers into a barracks... Forget this, we will finish the worker in 9 turns.... no decay will happen on the warrior :)

@DL, please MM Yasod so we can take advantage of our 25% increase in HAMMERS... i.e. work a forrested Rice/Bananananana + hill + Forrest + CC = 4 hammers

Got it

Agree on BW first and worker
Will build a settler next and found another city to our south on the river.

Thanks for tacking me onto the roster, and good start! I agree the wheel is not needed yet. Also I would be working the dyes for 2 food and 2 extra commerce on the research rate, it can be key at this point. Plus, hammers are not so essential as we grow to size 2 or 3.
hope we find some ivory around there for the ballista elephants.

yeah we might want to personalize the city names for this civ :)

fyi don't we start with mining already? yes ok we do... bronze working, cool.

Top Bottom