v21 bugs and crashes

Military : Vassalage is supposed to give a free noble in all cities. It doesn't.

Also, for some reason the Welsh culture has been disabled on the same turn in my capital Hattusas (38,72). Welsh requires Calm, which my city is happily working...

Attachments

• Vassalage - no free noble.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
If you are talking about the "Tales of sea creatures" then you already got the food and hammers when you "captured" it. "Subdued sea creatures" can be butchered. ;)

Subdued sea creatures cannot be butchered in the city, only some of them can be sacrificed for a small science boost, but not all of them. Crabs and such can only be deleted.

Also the horse crossbow uses a gunfire animation and sounds.

I think with 'program' he means the beyond the sword.exe in your .../program files/firaxis/civ4/beyond the sword folder. right klick on the .exe and set "run as administrator"

For some odd reason, my :gold: says it supposed to go UP around $800 something but only went up $200??

Then when i did a ctrl Shift R and a Ctrl Shift T, it worked correctly??:crazyeye:

The attached savedgame is before i use the ctrl shift stuff. SVN 1987

I'll fix this later today, after which another modifer rebuild will reset everyone's power to it proper value, and I expect the Turk will capitulate.

Oh yeah, they capitulated all right, and their vassal Sumeria (I kicked their ass first) even decided to join an empire - but not to me! To the Mayans! Did they do that just to piss me off or what? Because what do they think is going to happen now? Do they really think that the Mayans (who I think are running Pacifism BTW) that are on the other side of the continent and have first to go trough my big vassal - Ethiopia - will be able to protect them?
Saves of the turn before and after capitulation included:

P.S.: By the way, how do you make what the Mayans did to Sumeria : persuade them to join your civilization, not as a vassal, but directly as a city?

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • BlueTemplar AD-0390 - temp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Oh yeah, they capitulated all right, and their vassal Sumeria (I kicked their ass first) even decided to join an empire - but not to me! To the Mayans! Did they do that just to piss me off or what? Because what do they think is going to happen now? Do they really think that the Mayans (who I think are running Pacifism BTW) that are on the other side of the continent and have first to go trough my big vassal - Ethiopia - will be able to protect them?
Saves of the turn before and after capitulation included:

P.S.: By the way, how do you make what the Mayans did to Sumeria : persuade them to join your civilization, not as a vassal, but directly as a city?

I don't know. Is one of these saves the turn in whjich it decided to giv its city to them?

P.S. - when I played through your original save (with the power fix) I got the Turk to capitulate by directly proposing it. It then IMMEDAITELY (same turn) proposed the same thing to his ex-vassal and they also capitulated (to me). Need to strike while the iron is hot ;-)

Also the don't really 'think' anything about the Mayans at all. The only considerations in whether to capitulate (not sure about give cities away since, like you, I don't know what causes that) are the relative military strengths (things like civics and relations with others are not taken into account)

For some odd reason, my :gold: says it supposed to go UP around $800 something but only went up $200??

Then when i did a ctrl Shift R and a Ctrl Shift T, it worked correctly??:crazyeye:

The attached savedgame is before i use the ctrl shift stuff. SVN 1987

The attached pic shows a nice game, would you mind making it a "industrial age scenario on a fantasy map", to show off the WW1 timeframe as long as we don't have a GEM version of it?

At least you could just save as scenario, rename and put in private maps/svn, would you?

The attached pic shows a nice game, would you mind making it a "industrial age scenario on a fantasy map", to show off the WW1 timeframe as long as we don't have a GEM version of it?

At least you could just save as scenario, rename and put in private maps/svn, would you?

Sure sounds reasonable. EDIT: Done and posted in thread. (Turn times for "me" is under 30 seconds).

@DH:

Here is another Partisan error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Partisan", line 521, in onCombatResult
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I don't know. Is one of these saves the turn in whjich it decided to giv its city to them?
The last one.

P.S. - when I played through your original save (with the power fix) I got the Turk to capitulate by directly proposing it. It then IMMEDAITELY (same turn) proposed the same thing to his ex-vassal and they also capitulated (to me). Need to strike while the iron is hot ;-)
That's weird... I thought about doing that, but when *I* load the save they accept a Free Trade agreement, but either "Are doing fine on their own" before the modifiers are recalculated or "Just don't like me enough" after.

Also the don't really 'think' anything about the Mayans at all. The only considerations in whether to capitulate (not sure about give cities away since, like you, I don't know what causes that) are the relative military strengths (things like civics and relations with others are not taken into account)
That's stupid. What's about the ability to project that strength?

Also, when you recalculate the modifiers (with rev 1987) on the first save game, you lose all the :hammers: bonuses to Jewish buildings from the Apostolic Palace for some reason... (and they don't come back on the next turn)

Sure sounds reasonable. EDIT: Done and posted in thread. (Turn times for "me" is under 30 seconds).

Hey thx a lot!
Btw can the file be edited with notepad to change No Rev to Rev or is this only possible at start of a game?

That's stupid. What's about the ability to project that strength?
Well totally. However, how would you propose to measure that? The AI has LOTS of stupidities. It's about prioritisation (and ease of addressing to som extent). This one I would regard as fairly low priority (by the time you get to civs capitulating it's a bit late in some ways), and possibly fairly high difficulty (the decision criteria is not obvious except when stated in fairly wooly terms like 'ability to project', which needs significant codification)

Also, when you recalculate the modifiers (with rev 1987) on the first save game, you lose all the :hammers: bonuses to Jewish buildings from the Apostolic Palace for some reason... (and they don't come back on the next turn)
Sounds like a bug. I'll look at it later today.

Well totally. However, how would you propose to measure that? The AI has LOTS of stupidities. It's about prioritisation (and ease of addressing to som extent). This one I would regard as fairly low priority (by the time you get to civs capitulating it's a bit late in some ways), and possibly fairly high difficulty (the decision criteria is not obvious except when stated in fairly wooly terms like 'ability to project', which needs significant codification)
Yeah, I actually agree with that, I just went and reported what I think AI does as stupid as you asked instead of thinking first...

Look at the second save game locations (38,47) and (39,48):
You can't order to build farms, workshops and cottages on a (Fresh Water) Swamp/Marsh, while you can on a (Fresh Water) Marsh once the Swamp is drained...

Hey thx a lot!
Btw can the file be edited with notepad to change No Rev to Rev or is this only possible at start of a game?

Actually this will be like a NEW started game, with 0 turns. You do what you want with it with ALL options OPEN. Hows that.:)

Hi All
I see a bug with lastest Svn build: Auto Worker did not working after X turns => I must manual with all worker action.
sorry, my bad english.

Actually this will be like a NEW started game, with 0 turns. You do what you want with it with ALL options OPEN. Hows that.:)

Sounds great :) Can you maybe do the same with my attached savegame?

It's my current game and a great example for late classical time -- warfare and expanding strategy -- I wanted it to convert to a scenario but couldn't do it without revealing map in the process... which I don't want since it would ruin my current game somehow, you surely understand... this is where you come into play^^ it would be very nice if you can help me with this...converting it like your game. :D

screenie - use (ctrl -) and (ctrl +) to get closer
Spoiler :

I plan to have savegame-examples-scenarios of every eras/ages of this game. Much like a 'living' tips&tricks and strategy documentation in the map&scenario section.

If a player of C2C doesn't like the custom start with like 2-4 settlers on a custom map in a certain age but prefers a more naturally evolved game setup of a certain era/age (for example for industrial or modern era) the challenging fantasy scenarios will help in the meantime as the historical scenarios are being worked at in small groups (let's Occupy history^^). Hows that for a plan?

If we all work together like now we can achieve everything and even more :)

@Everybody lurking who's interested in helping with the mentioned process is welcome! Share your interesting savegames here and we convert them to Fantasy-Scenarios! :hatsoff:

@SO can you maybe help with a little players documentation about the self-creation/conversion of C2C-scenarios? - might help many to get started themselves...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 3,916
Hi All
I see a bug with lastest Svn build: Auto Worker did not working after X turns => I must manual with all worker action.
sorry, my bad english.

Please post a save game with a woprker that does nothing when you try to auotmate it.

Take a look at the The Apolostolic Place in the Pedia. It does not give any hammer bonuses to jewish (or any other) buildings. Since you thoguht it did, and since clearly prior to modifier recalc your jewish buidings DO have extra hammers I can't account for, I'm going to guess that it used to in some previous version, but the current version in the SVN does not. Hence the modifier recalc removing them is working correctly.

Can anyone confirm that the Apolistic Palace has been changed sometime semi-recently?

Sevopedia : BTS Concepts : Apostolic Palace and UN:
All members receive a production bonus for every Temple, Cathedral, Monastery and Shrine they own of the Palace's religion.
That's basic BTS gameplay... and any change is very recent, no more than 10-20 SVN versions...

For some reason my capital is still not having any :mad:, even as I switched away from Divine Cult, and I also cannot build the Theatre of Dionysus there... (I checked all the buildings, and none seems to remove all :mad:...).

In the change civics screen there's a drop down menu on the left using which you can see the civics of other players. The problem is that if you choose another player and then exit it will change yous civics to those of that player, even if you don't have the necessary techs! (Though since I haven't noticed this menu before it might be a debug menu that's supposed to do just that...)

When you load the following autosave, as you complete Leornado's Workshop and get to choose a free tech, you don't get any techs but the following message : "You have already chosen your free techs" (even though I did not).
Loading from a save game from the end of the last turn works fine.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
Top Bottom