v21 bugs and crashes

I was hoping someone who knows what they're doing can take a look at my civ.ini
I want to play the huge earth map but whenever i've tried to do large/huge maps it is too slow, too many MAF's, ctd's etc

I don't wanna just :cry: about it so I thought this might be a better way of going about things :lol:

I have also attached my dxdiag & a screenshot of my ingame graphic options.

I use win7 64bit, use 6980 1gb gpu, etc.

Also can anyone recommend graphics card settings? Im using application settings for AA & anisotropic filtering.

Catalyst filtering optimization on the middle 'quality' setting, anti-aliasing mode on adaptive, although civ is set to 0 AA.

Hope someone can confirm that my settings are optimal coz i've wasted many hours now trying to set it up properly.
:)

*oh one other thing can someone remind me how to double check that my building setting, i mean the setting for which buildings are displayed (only wonders and walls) which is 2 if I remember correctly. Can someone remind me how to check this setting or change it. Thanks

* edit 2: I just attached my lastest PythonErr2 (just crashed) in case this helps at all.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV.rar
    2.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DxDiag.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Graphic Options.rar
    206.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PythonErr2.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 54
4pm 23rd of Feb is the time stamp on mine so yes you probably have the correct one since the time stamps seem to be local time.

What does it say in the PythonErr.log?

I got the logging enabled. It says:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "FieldGold", line 46, in onBuildingBuilt
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isHasMet'

I attached a save game that will build the Field of the Cloth of Gold as soon as you go to the next turn. I did the Python code mostly by trial and error, so I'm not sure what was wrong with my original code that it had to be completely replaced. Maybe whoever did the change could let me know what I was doing wrong? It seemed to work fine when I tested it.

I only have the initial ver 21 mod, if you post the updated codes here, I can help you take a look.

From the look of it, it seems the variable object before 'isHasMet' has been changed

I got the logging enabled. It says:

Code:
  File "FieldGold", line 46, in onBuildingBuilt
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isHasMet'

I attached a save game that will build the Field of the Cloth of Gold as soon as you go to the next turn. I did the Python code mostly by trial and error, so I'm not sure what was wrong with my original code that it had to be completely replaced. Maybe whoever did the change could let me know what I was doing wrong? It seemed to work fine when I tested it.

Too many people were reporting errors so I tried to fix it. I probably should not have since I as coming down with something. Just getting over it now.

A random thing i saw while playing, after researching armoured calvary,
you can upgrade subdued bears into knights.

Now this may seem like a mistake to some... but turning my army of bears into a army of knights is pretty much the coolest thing egypt has ever done. So take it or leave it, just thought i'd report in.

What would the knighting ceremony for bears look like? :lol:

Now this may seem like a mistake to some... but turning my army of bears into a army of knights is pretty much the coolest thing egypt has ever done. So take it or leave it, just thought i'd report in.

This is because you can turn bears into bear riders if you have that part of Alt_Timelines on. Then bear riders upgrade to knights.

I see a few posts from other people in v20 bugs and crashes but since it hasn't been fixed yet... Whenever I add Nautilus(steampunk sub) to city queue I get CTD.

I tried to get one through worldbuilder and looks like it works just fine, I just cant build it :/

The fish traps building is not granting additional food for having shrimp, crab, or fish (don't know about lobster) in city vicinity. It grants one food, that is all.

The SVN the other day was fine. Today when I updated again I cant load the mod. Get lots of XML errors. I think its build 1897 that completely fails.

all fixed by AIAndy now

sif upgrade units that have 0 xp :rolleyes: :lol:

Got this python error: When a spy tried to detonate a nuclear bomb in a city?

File "PlatyPingWonders", line 530, in onNukeExplosion
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'

Got this python error: When a spy tried to detonate a nuclear bomb in a city?

File "PlatyPingWonders", line 530, in onNukeExplosion
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'

That means someone built the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and now everyone should be at way with you.:mischief: I forgot about spys.

The fish traps building is not granting additional food for having shrimp, crab, or fish (don't know about lobster) in city vicinity. It grants one food, that is all.

Fishermongers are the building you want - that is the building that gets this bonus.

It's not in the DLL, so probably graphical as we had suspected. Does it happen every trime a nautilus is built? If so do you happen to have save set up where end turn builds one?

Its already happening when putting it up in the queue, as soon it is being clicked.

Savegame attached, go to Delhi and click on Nautilus.

View attachment 314810

I only have the initial ver 21 mod, if you post the updated codes here, I can help you take a look.

From the look of it, it seems the variable object before 'isHasMet' has been changed

I went back to the original v21 version of the mod (not the SVN), and I found out that the Python error message was different, so the SVN fix is compounding the problem. I've attached a new FieldGold.py file. This is a replacement for the existing Assets\Python\Vokarya\FieldGold.py file. If you use this file along with my FieldofGoldTest2 save game, it should give a +3 relations bonus with Lincoln as soon as you end the turn. Let me know if this works. I haven't pushed it to the SVN yet.

CTD, v21 (non svn), no error messages involved.

Is this reproducible? If so does downloading the DLL from the patch thread help? If not could you post the save game it reproduces from please. Minidump looks like the crash DH had recently, which was due to a heap corruption, cured by a later fix, though the bug that cured DH's crash is not present in raw v21 so that cannot be exactly the case for you...

@Vokarya
if iTeam != loopTeam and loopTeam.isHasMet(iTeam):

This is still not changed
iTeam is team ID, an integer variable
loopTeam is gc.getTeam(xxx) => CyTeam variable

Comparing apple to orange will never be true and may even spawn errors

Top Bottom