(v28/29 Let's Play) Civ Fuehrer of Russia

Civ Fuehrer

Drifting through space, lost
Welcome to Civ Fuehrer's Let's Play!
Hello all, I thought it would be a good idea to do a Let's Play of version 28 of Caveman 2 Cosmos! Seeing how so many people are curious what in all is in C2C and how it works, this would be a good overall view and semi-guide to your way to C2C. Now without further ado, let's get down to it.

Spoiler :

Options:
  • Unrestricted Leaders
  • Random Personalities
  • No Technology Brokering
  • Require Complete Kills
  • No Tribal Villages
  • Barbarian World
  • Limited Religions
  • Start as Minor Civs
  • Multiple Production
  • Multiple Research
  • Surround & Destroy
  • Advanced Diplomacy
  • Barbarian Generals
  • Assimilation
  • Great Commanders
  • Culturally Linked Starts
  • Advanced Economy
  • Realistic Culture Spread
  • Realistic Corporations
  • Religious Decay
  • Barbarians Always Raze
  • United Nations
  • Advanced Espionage
  • Modern Corporations
  • Advanced Nukes
  • Divine Prophets
  • Infinite XP
  • Pure Traits
  • Developing Leaders
  • Start without Positive Traits
  • Scale City Limits

After an age and a half of Game Initializing, I decided to shrink the map from Enormous to Gigantic. This is where we start!

Spoiler :

Not a bad place really. It looks like we got grassland for farms, a fresh water lake and some barrens up north. I'm gunna move closer to that lake and settle down. I always liked lakes that are a square away from the ocean; they provide excellent rests for my navy when not in use.

Spoiler :

Okay, we got the tribe badasses to protect us. Looks like some desert to the north - I'll have to spread along the coastline. For now, we'll just have to scout the area and slay whatever beasts our men come across to feed the women and children.

Spoiler :

This hurts... We have one strip of lush and trees surrounded by desert, tundra and water. This really hurts. Bad.

Spoiler :

It looks like we have some neighbors on the other side of this grass strip.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 745
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 715
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 720
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 757
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 740
This should be interesting to see the New trait system at play.

JosEPh

Will he be updating to V29? It says in the title that is v 28, if he is going to be updating he might want to change that. It would also be interesting to see this let's play use the SVN.

I'll update to v29. Prolly restart too. Right now I'm more or less just getting the hang of screen capping my game.

I wonder... if that Rhino had been one of your first encounters... you may have been able to defeat it with the handicap if you aren't on too high a difficulty setting.

And yes, very entertaining!

I wonder... if that Rhino had been one of your first encounters... you may have been able to defeat it with the handicap if you aren't on too high a difficulty setting.

And yes, very entertaining!

It was my very first encounter on the map, but I'm on Monarch difficulty.

hmm... not sure at what difficulty setting the handicaps vanish. They are in the global defines somewhere and I've just never gone and taken a look. lol

Several versions back DH, ls612 and I were discussing the level playing field for player and AI at Noble. DH pointed out in the files where these settings live. After I looked at them it was discovered the C2C the "level playing field" between Player and AI was actually between Prince and Monarch. On Monarch the AI had a 5 to 15% advantages in different areas. So it was not a big advantage. ls612 then said he would make some adjustments to that. I never went back to check out what he did. I now "test" on Prince or Monarch instead of Noble.

JosEPh

hmm... not sure at what difficulty setting the handicaps vanish. They are in the global defines somewhere and I've just never gone and taken a look. lol

IIRC Monarch is the first difficulty where you get no free wins - at Settler you'd get 5 and it goes down by one as difficulty goes up. That's in vanilla Civ 4, anyway.

@SO,
It makes the Preh and Ancient Eras a bit tougher in that I do not always have the most Cities or lead in Tech. Nor do I make it to Sed Life 1st either. And I can run out of Gold seemingly way to easy while the AI seems to do a better job. Current game I actually had to drop my Research slider to 5% because I had no gold right after researching Sed Life.. The Turks next door did not seem to have this problem. While I was trying to get my finances straightened out he built 5 more cities than I have and now has a 6-7 tech lead on me.

Is this what you were wanting to know?

JosEPh

Several versions back DH, ls612 and I were discussing the level playing field for player and AI at Noble. DH pointed out in the files where these settings live. After I looked at them it was discovered the C2C the "level playing field" between Player and AI was actually between Prince and Monarch. On Monarch the AI had a 5 to 15% advantages in different areas. So it was not a big advantage. ls612 then said he would make some adjustments to that. I never went back to check out what he did. I now "test" on Prince or Monarch instead of Noble.

JosEPh
Similar to vanilla BtS Noble in C2C has the same cost for player and AI in the major areas like research and production but an advantage for the AI in upgrade and supply costs.

JosEPh

AFAIK AIAndy is right, Noble is the closest to being balanced for the player and AI. There are a couple things that are unequal (Goody hut results and free barb wins come to mind), but all costs and commerce modifiers are identical.

@ls612,
Well you should know since you made the last adjustments there that I know of.

JosEPh

Top Bottom