1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v36 Crime Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by JosEPh_II, Dec 11, 2015.

1. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

Here is the save file Thunderbrd......sorry for a late response, but I was "thrown of" by the forum update :)

Attached Files:

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks. It'll be a while before I can address it. I'll TRY to remember it's here even though its not in the thread I would normally use.

CainStar likes this.
  3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

v9098 is no longer available. I needed the room for my Dropbox acct.

So V36 Official users no longer have a pre Savegame breaking version to update to.

In the future all Full Mod Patches will be current SVN. It's just too hard to continue to support v36 Official release. Sorry v36 users.

JosEPh

4. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

:(
    Well, thanks for doing it while you could.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I know, but 9098 was the last version that would upgrade v36 before the Save Game breaking changes came. And since it's been well over a year ago that v36 was released, well going back and even working on just xml can be futile with what is in the current state of the mod thru the SVN.

When you all decide that those long v36 games are not worth playing any more there will be a more current version still available.

JosEPh :)

6. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

I'm on the post break 9309, with your modified file added. Did I misinterpret what you ment? i.e. Are you going to continue to provide post break patches?
    If you are, great! Thank you very much. If not, that's ok I still appreciate all your efforts in keeping us non SVNers up to date.

Osk21 likes this.
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok, this is actually not a bug... per se. (This is all assuming I kinda understand the binary math stuff here.) The SUPER irony here is that I would have really struggled to understand the problem had I not just taken part in the MP game debug project Alberts just helped me to complete.

There is a limit to how many units a given player can have in the game at one time, looks like its 8191. At the moment, the barbarian player is trying to exceed that limit. This is originally due to the fact that I had screwed up the formula for barbarian criminal emergence and had not originally set a limitation on how many there could be. A few recent bugfixes should make those criminals much more difficult to emerge but when you were originally running this game it allowed for way too many to show up. At this point, it's overloading the game with the next few emergences this round.

You can continue to play by going into worldbuilder and going to each city and removing a good number of those barb criminals but you've gotta get that count of barbarians in the game down. I will also try to hedge the code so that it fails to spawn if overloaded rather than causing a crash.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes I will supply newer D/Ls as they are warranted. :)

JosEPh

Osk21 likes this.
  9. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

Just a thought, Joseph, have you considered using mega.nz to host the patches? I believe a free account there gives 50GB of storage space, though I'm not sure what the bandwidth quota is or how their speed compares to dropbox.

10. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

Oh for crying out loud XD.....I mean I actually did try to fix this by deleting units from other players(took me awhile), but it never occured to me that it was the barbarians/criminals which are the problem, which I insidently left alone :D. Well thanks for the help again :D

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The latest SVN version allows the game to play through now but it could easily manifest another crash bug without cutting down on the barbs in the game. Sorry... that one was my fault to begin with.

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

A New Pre v37 SVN 9328 Full Mod "Patch" will be available later today. Uploading now to dropbox.

Previous version will be deleted also later today. Some major changes, bug fixes, and new Options will be available with the 9328 D/L.

EDIT: New "Patch" Link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/41or6bmo1f8dfh4/Pre v37 SVN 9328.rar?dl=0
    You will need to Rename the Folder to Caveman2Cosmos.

JosEPh ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    BunnyWunny likes this.
  13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Osk21 likes this.
  14. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Hi buggers, it is nice to be back ! :smoke:

This latest version and the one before it have their anarchy periods broken. There is always 0 turns of it. I also want to ask that why all animations are disabled when the problems in them are located in the ones including aircraft ? This really puzzles me because the countless crashes that i have suffered with this mod, not a single one has come from the animations if i have not myself selected too many units to fight at the same time. Also never from the aircraft in any selection whatsoever.

Could you just return the animations and info players to freeze them themselves if they need to. I don't need such and would like to see them return already.

Other way and apart from the normal bugload, this newest version seems very good so far (end of renaissance).

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Anarchy is not broken, just changed.

And as for the animations you will need to talk to ThunderBrd about that.

JosEPh

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What's there to say about that? Combat animations crash the game at the moment and I still don't have a clue why. But it IS the next major debugging task on the agenda. Might take me a month to figure out what went wrong but I plan the most laborious debugging effort ever endeavored to find and fix the issue.

17. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Really ? Ok, so it is intentional that it is always 0 turns ?? Wow. Feels so strange since i play the Germany and according to the leader's personal traits, the anarchy length should be even longer. Very weird system.

Can you tell why it is like this ?

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's intentional that the earliest civic changes bring about no anarchy. There's a few lines of thought on that:
    1) The earliest turns represent so much time that no amount of government changes should bring about anarchy. This doesn't necessarily sit as well if you were to switch to those earliest civics later in the game BUT no player really logically would so that argument gets a shrug.

2) These earliest civic changes are more of an evolution of thought and operation rather than something that brings with it massive social unrest and argumentation over the direction for the nation for the future.

There are more arguments still. It pretty much makes that first golden age not so important to strategically time, which I feel is a detriment because I really LIKED that challenge to time the first golden age perfectly.

BUT it was also observed that the AI doesn't have, and never will have, the capacity to think to the depth that it leverages that first golden age in the same way as a human player can, to use for avoiding all the anarchy in his first civic changes so it became argument against having anarchy time on those first civics.

Anarchy does become a factor at a point during the Ancient era.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  19. Reiskae

Reiskae Chieftain

Yeah, i've noticed for some versions now that it was nice and reasonable but i mean 0 turns of anarchy all the time. Now i'm at early industrial and switched democracy, separation of powers and gold standard on at the same time with 0 turns of anarchy.

Someone care to open and elaborate the logic behind this ?

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You replied before I technically finished my post but you seemed to know where I was going with it anyhow.

So you're saying there are 0 anarchy times set on later civics?

Joseph and SO will have to comment on that. I was not aware of that.