v36 Crime Patch

Seems it's back to the old way again. :dunno: :lol:

@ Taxman,
If you have had no problem with F1 opening the Domestic Advisor then you probably won't need DH's CustomDomAdv Folder.

BUT... if you have then I would suggest you use his. Driefels is the one that started this :)rolleyes: ) and DH made this to help those like him who were missing the F1 key function for opening Domestic Advisor, as I understand it.

Now you both can play with my new Option! :D

JosEPh ;)

Personally, I rarely use hot keys. I just want to be sure I'm not going to cause a problem with that file being in 2 locations.

Well, I've just finished starting it up and play-testing it out through Hunting Tactics - so far, I've seen no issues with anything obvious such as the interface. Various construction/research/maintenance costs seem to be reasonable so far (although I do realize it's early days yet). I'm probably not going to continue this game for now; it was intentionally created as a throwaway to check out the interface primarily, but I did get sucked in a bit more than I intended - darn you, one-more-turn syndrome!

As I've said before, Joe, you're a prince for do this for those of us who can't work with SVN. Thanks, man!

Additional question:
My current UserSettings folder contains the files:
CustDomAdv.ini
CustomDomAdv.txt

The new CustomDomAdv folder contains a CustDomadv.txt file (along with 3 other txt files).

Should I remove the 2 original/old CustDomAdv files from the top layer of the UserSettings folder?

As far as I have been able to figure out, the ones in the sub-folder are the default ones and the ones in the main folder are the ones you have edited to be the way you like.

A while back someone posted their suggestions for what the Domestic Advisor should look like, so if you did not edit it yourself perhaps you copied that set in.

So which will the game use? Should I move my version into the sub folder, or just delete or not copy the sub folder?

So which will the game use? Should I move my version into the sub folder, or just delete or not copy the sub folder?

Why are you making this so hard for your self? This really can't be this confusing.

1. make a copy of your current User settings folder. Save/paste it someplace outside the game directory
2. Load the New Mod version into your BtS/Mods folder.
3. Cut the new user setting folder and paste somewhere else out of the game directory
4. Copy your "old" User setting folder into the Mod.
5. Start game, check Domestic Advisor. If everything okay, your are Done.
6. If Domestic Advisor is Not okay, from the New user settings (which Only has 1 folder CustomDomAdv) copy paste the CustomDomAdv into your in game user setting folder.

This is what I did to My User Settings Folder and I have had Zero Problems.

JosEPh

Joe, I have only been asking about step 6. Doing that would mean 2 files with the same name. One in the user settings folder and one in the new sub folder. I was/am merely asking if I should move or copy, my existing file into the sub folder.

Try the mod with your set 1st. If it works fine then you're done.

Since I don't know what you have I can not say about the rest.

JosEPh

Try the mod with your set 1st. If it works fine then you're done.

Since I don't know what you have I can not say about the rest.

JosEPh

Do you have any additional checklist items we can try if we're seeing the animals with our civilization's flag? I saw the suggestion to clear cache in the SVN bugs thread,but that doesn't seem to help. I consistently get the correct flags if I run the prior dropbox version, but the incorrect flags if I run this version or the SVN version.

For what it's worth, I've gotten in the habit of deleting the old versions from the mod folder, so there aren't multiple versions to choose from (I just copy the mod folder to a different location on my HD and then copy in and rename the appropriate mod folder). I'm currently running the game as a shortcut to the exe as suggested in some other post so as to autoload the mod. I'm on Windows 10 and the Steam version of the game, which I know nobody on the team is using so I really am just hoping for advice on how to troubleshoot and fix this myself since my environment is not going to be reproduceable.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions you may be able to throw my way, and thanks for the effort of packing up the mod.

Do you have any additional checklist items we can try if we're seeing the animals with our civilization's flag? I saw the suggestion to clear cache in the SVN bugs thread,but that doesn't seem to help. I consistently get the correct flags if I run the prior dropbox version, but the incorrect flags if I run this version or the SVN version.

For what it's worth, I've gotten in the habit of deleting the old versions from the mod folder, so there aren't multiple versions to choose from (I just copy the mod folder to a different location on my HD and then copy in and rename the appropriate mod folder). I'm currently running the game as a shortcut to the exe as suggested in some other post so as to autoload the mod. I'm on Windows 10 and the Steam version of the game, which I know nobody on the team is using so I really am just hoping for advice on how to troubleshoot and fix this myself since my environment is not going to be reproduceable.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions you may be able to throw my way, and thanks for the effort of packing up the mod.

This sounds like a cache problem. It's holding old version data that is messing with the new. I would suggest looking under C:\Users\(username here)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache. Delete the contents of the cache folder. This is from my Win 10 Pro 64 but without Steam. It should look somewhat similar though.

JosEPh

This sounds like a cache problem. It's holding old version data that is messing with the new. I would suggest looking under C:\Users\(username here)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache. Delete the contents of the cache folder. This is from my Win 10 Pro 64 but without Steam. It should look somewhat similar though.

JosEPh

I had already done that (both before launching the exe and then again before starting the new game). I wonder if the cache is split for steam installations, maybe? When I launch the exe straight into C2C from the shortcut, I get 10 catalogCiv4BeyondSword{###}.dat files - are there any other files that maybe are created in the cache in non-Steam versions that I need to search for?

I had already done that (both before launching the exe and then again before starting the new game). I wonder if the cache is split for steam installations, maybe? When I launch the exe straight into C2C from the shortcut, I get 10 catalogCiv4BeyondSword{###}.dat files - are there any other files that maybe are created in the cache in non-Steam versions that I need to search for?

I had to reread your 1st post. Yeah not cache problem.

Last suggestion, remove your User Settings Folder (save it someplace out of the game directory just in case) and use the one that comes with the 9292 version. Which means you will need to go into BUG reset all your preferences and then double save.

Otherwise, I'm out of suggestions for now.

JosEPh

Just a quick question how do I get riddoff criminals in my city on 9292 patch? In previous version it was just simple "find the criminal"(you get a notification from turn message field, and that ding sound), and use any unit to attack the criminal in the city. In this versio 9292 I have received 3 messages that criminals were discovered in my city of munich, not much of a suprised since I have stationed 10 watchers there for that very reason, but I am unable to attack the criminals, when I try move units to the city plot, to attack the crimina,l the unit simply moves to the city and there is no combat. I always station one dog unit in each city for identifying abroaching spies&criminal units, and to attack criminals inside the city. So how do I get riddoff the criminals?

Just a quick question how do I get riddoff criminals in my city on 9292 patch? In previous version it was just simple "find the criminal"(you get a notification from turn message field, and that ding sound), and use any unit to attack the criminal in the city. In this versio 9292 I have received 3 messages that criminals were discovered in my city of munich, not much of a suprised since I have stationed 10 watchers there for that very reason, but I am unable to attack the criminals, when I try move units to the city plot, to attack the crimina,l the unit simply moves to the city and there is no combat. I always station one dog unit in each city for identifying abroaching spies&criminal units, and to attack criminals inside the city. So how do I get riddoff the criminals?
This is working like it's supposed to, now. You have to use a Law Enforcement type unit to arrest the criminal, via a button that should show up near the bottom of the bar that has a pair of handcuffs. Note that you can only have a single LE unit selected, and it can't be grouped with any other units.

Being able to attack Wanted criminals normally was an unintended bug that was fixed recently.
There you go.

I learned something New today too!

JosEPh

The dog unit got me thinking that maybe the dog animals (and maybe a few others) should get a LE promotion that will allow them to be used against lower level criminals? Maybe also a slight happiness bonus when present in the city ("good police dog... can I pet him")...

The dog unit got me thinking that maybe the dog animals (and maybe a few others) should get a LE promotion that will allow them to be used against lower level criminals? Maybe also a slight happiness bonus when present in the city ("good police dog... can I pet him")...

Already in place. They are capable of arrest at the police dog and beyond and they can give happiness like troops if the civics enable it. They also get promotions that can give them anti-criminal bonuses.

Auto downloaded without any comment, etc coming up, so doing that here...

I had also previously downloaded the 9265, but had not gotten around to getting it installed before today (and just deleted it too)... had to get an UnRAR tool first... hoping that this will work on my old system, the v23 did but later versions were too big to load (as well as other things being more important). But seeing that ya'll have reduced the footprint and all to help eliminate the CTD's that were around that time, I'm going to give it a shot one more time... :crossingfingers:

Top Bottom