v36 Crime Patch

If you are still thinking of Updating do so soon as I'm going to pull the plug on these 2 Dropbox links soon. Probably by the end of the week.

And I can not say for certainty that I will be providing any more "Patches" for this version.

JosEPh

This Updated Version should 1st be started as a Play Now game. Play 1 turn, then exit. This will reset/clear the cache of old data.

I think I have played too many modded Paradox Games. My first thought to oh, will cause cache problems was time to delete cache.

Which mind you, is a very effective way to deal with cache problems. And is probably quicker. It's just not as lazy.

Well, with your reassurance that it wouldn't break my current save-game, I've gone ahead and updated (with backups; I've learned!), and... it works!

One big laughter-inducing change: the great person/great general rates have changed (massively!) between then and now, so I hit end turn after loading the game and received three great generals and either six or seven great persons. Somewhat surreal, it was. Well, off I go...

Think of it this way: As a result of the patch, the great gods/god of your people decided to do a review of everything.

They realized whoever was in charge of making people great again was slacking on his job. So they got out the cattle prod and made it very clear what would happen.

Unless they were the Greek Gods. In which case, Zeus decided that he hadn't had enough mortal women in his night life as of late.

I think I have played too many modded Paradox Games. My first thought to oh, will cause cache problems was time to delete cache.

Which mind you, is a very effective way to deal with cache problems. And is probably quicker. It's just not as lazy.

<snip>

You are correct it is faster. Problem though, many players that come here have No idea where their game cache is located. Especially those that bought the game thru Steam. And none of the Modders here bought their version from Steam. So telling these Steam players where it's located is most of the time a bit of a problem.

JosEPh

You don't have to sign up for Dropbox! When you click the link Just Close that Sign In Popup (little x in the right top corner) and then click the Download button. They (DropBox) are pushing hard for new customers but the download is available to anyone. Just have to Close the Sign In pop up is all to get to the Download button.

JosEPh

You're an officer and a gentleman, many thanks. I guess I read through the instructions too quickly. I had clicked elsewhere and I couldn't download it, it's doing it now as I type :)

:bowdown::bowdown:

:confused:

So, I renamed the old C2C, downloaded the new version, unpacked it in the BTS Mods folder, started BTS, loaded the new C2C mod, and...nuthin :confused:

It goes to load, then just stops working and closed up.

Does the new version require Win 7 or better?

I'm still using XP-Pro, final version. But my machine only has 4 GB of RAM, can't get more on the motherboard. I did buy a 1 GB video card so I've been able to play V33 up to now, at least on the standard map size. But this just won't run at all.

I appreciate all the long hours and unpaid work you've put into this. And hopefully some time this year I can buy a newer PC, but is it supposed to work on XP at all? Thanks

So, I renamed the old C2C, downloaded the new version, unpacked it in the BTS Mods folder, started BTS, loaded the new C2C mod, and...nuthin :confused:

Does the new version require Win 7 or better?

I'm still using XP-Pro, final version. But my machine only has 4 GB of RAM, can't get more on the motherboard. I did buy a 1 GB video card so I've been able to play V33 up to now, at least on the standard map size. But this just won't run at all.

I appreciate all the long hours and unpaid work you've put into this. And hopefully some time this year I can buy a newer PC, but is it supposed to work on XP at all? Thanks

Have you installed the v3.19 that you download from civ fanatics?

It works on XP. :) Until you get graphic problems. I only have 500MB card and can get to Modern Age on a standard map.

BTS only uses 3.5 GB ram.

Make sure your folder is "Caveman2Cosmos" and not "C2C".

Also the initial load can take a long long time. So it may appear to have crashed but has not. Go get a coffee. Further loads are much quicker due to the caching.

If you still have no luck - post again with more info - if possible.

It works on XP. :) Until you get graphic problems. I only have 500MB card and can get to Modern Age on a standard map.

BTS only uses 3.5 GB ram.

Make sure your folder is "Caveman2Cosmos" and not "C2C".

Also the initial load can take a long long time. So it may appear to have crashed but has not. Go get a coffee. Further loads are much quicker due to the caching.

If you still have no luck - post again with more info - if possible.

Ooops, previous reply didn't work. Anyhow, thank you all kindly. I can't get it to go, it may just be a lack of RAM. I will try again once I can afford a newer machine.

You might need the 3GB switch. Search for it on the forum. It may work. When I used to play on a whimpier system, this was absolutely the trick.

Ooops, previous reply didn't work. Anyhow, thank you all kindly. I can't get it to go, it may just be a lack of RAM. I will try again once I can afford a newer machine.

I have just remembered what the problem might be.

Go to "Assets/Modules/My_Mods".

If there is a folder there called "New_Cultures" delete it.

Then try to load C2C. XP machines will not work with that folder present.

I have just remembered what the problem might be.

Then try to load C2C. XP machines will not work with that folder present.

And it works! Woo-hoo :)

Thanks, and to all who had a hand in this mod, thank you.

Somebody owes me 30,000 hours though. :D

Hello again. Is there a way to get new cultures into V37 without it crashing XP? There are lots now, but I do kind of like new ones anyhow.

:twitch:

Another dumb question.

When I finally get around to buying a new PC are there optimum requirements to run the new version? I know the bigger the better, usually. But something over minimum that will run it really well without bankrupting me? Without Windows 10. (been there, tried that, rolled it back on staff machines)

Like say 8GB RAM, 2BG video card, etc.

Oh, and will it run under Linux? As emulated I mean.

Hello again. Is there a way to get new cultures into V37 without it crashing XP? There are lots now, but I do kind of like new ones anyhow.

:twitch:

I believe a number of XML Schema files need to be made. :)

Another dumb question.

When I finally get around to buying a new PC are there optimum requirements to run the new version? What computer hardware specs should I upgrade to run the game better?

See this thread about 15 threads down from this one.

"What computer hardware specs should I upgrade to run the game better?"

Notice:Patch 9265 is no longer available.

New Full Mod version 9292 link; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96139352/SVN 9292.rar

Same instructions as before. This is a Complete Mod version of latest SVN v9292.

EDIT: when you click on the link Dropbox will want you to sign in or register with a pop up. Just Close the Pop up (click the little x in the upper right corner) and then click the Download button on the main screen upper right corner.

Download and Unrar, Unzip, or Un7z the file. Rename the Folder (9292) to Caveman2Cosmos. Then remove the version of the mod you have been using in the BtS/Mods folder and Copy or Cut/Paste this renamed folder in. Do Not keep 2 versions of Caveman2Cosmos in your BtS/Mods folder. With this D/L you should still be able to use your current User Settings folder.

EDIT: DH has added a folder to the default User Settings Folder that Should be copied over to your User Setting Folder, CustomDomAdv. One of the things this does is keep the F1 key setting working.

Request: When you D/L the 9292rar from Dropbox, would you leave a short comment. There is a Comment button close to the Download button. I'd like to get an idea of how many D/Ls this gets.

JosEPh

Joe, Funny clicking on your link set me to directly to downloading the .rar file without ever opening the dropbox webstie.

Additional question:
My current UserSettings folder contains the files:
CustDomAdv.ini
CustomDomAdv.txt

The new CustomDomAdv folder contains a CustDomadv.txt file (along with 3 other txt files).

Should I remove the 2 original/old CustDomAdv files from the top layer of the UserSettings folder?

Top Bottom