v36 Crime Patch

Ok here is new link (old link was disabled) with newest, 9016, version of the SVN:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6VuHphw5zHzcnFqZUcxMFl4Q1U&export=download

This Link is broken which means Sparth has removed it. So the Patch from post #44 is No Longer available.

I am in the process of setting up the SVN ver 9098 Patch (it will be the whole Mod) for those that are still using the Official v36 release found at ModDb. This is the Last Patch available for the Official v36 Release. It is for those players who have v36 Official games still in progress and do not want to update to using the SVN because it will Break Their in progress v36 games.

Important Notice This Patched version and the Official v36 are No Longer Supported for bug fixes or CTDs. If you run into a bug or CTD using this new patch or any versions inbetween all the way back to Official v36, then that game is Over. We are well past making a special dll debug to go back and fix Bugs that have already been fixed by using the latest SVN versions.

I will also attempt to put up the latest SVN version for those who do not want to use the SVN. This will come after I have uploaded this 9098 Patched version of v36 Official.

Instructions will be given in my next post, that will contain the link for this Patched Mod version, on how to install it.

EDIT: @E_T,
The answer to your question as to Main Page, which Main Page? Here at CFC or at ModDB?. StrategyOnly C2C's author is the one who takes care of the ModDb account. And he has not been well of late. He actually also does the CFC Main Page for C2C. So that is why no Update, we can not edit His posts.

JosEPh

There are 4 folders in this compressed Folder: Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings. Unrar, unzip, or un7z the compressed folder. The 4 folders you will work with are inside this uncompressed Folder.

In your Caveman2 Cosmos Folder you will replace (delete) the Old Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings folders and replace with the New folders (copy/paste). Nothing else needs to be changed to get you to the SVN version 9230.

Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ychwmxul091oepp/SVN Patch for v36 to SVN 9230.rar?dl=0

You are in for some Big Big changes! As StrategyOnly says "Have Fun!" :)

JosEPh

The Above, from Post #58, is No Longer Available. In the next 24hrs a New, more up to date, SVN version (9265) will be linked for D/L from Dropbox.

JosEPh

Here is the link for the last patch for the Official v36 release. It will still allow games started with the Official v36 to be continued. It will also allow those that patch their v36 to 9012 to Update their version as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2ea8y6iaqap11a/SVN 9098.rar?dl=0

EDIT: when you click on the link Dropbox will want you to sign in or register with a pop up. Just Close the Pop up (click the little x in the upper right corner) and then click the Download button on the main screen upper right corner.

Download and Unrar, Unzip, or Un7z the file. Rename the Folder (9089) to Caveman2Cosmos. Then remove the version of the mod you have been using in the BtS/Mods folder and Copy or Cut/Paste this renamed folder in. Do Not keep 2 versions of Caveman2Cosmos in your BtS/Mods folder. With this D/L you should still be able to use your current User Settings folder.

Notice the support for fixing bugs and CTDs even in this 9089 version is Not supported anymore. But is available for those that wish to continue long standing games started with V36 Official or the v 36 9016 Patch.

If you wish to Update past this Patch it will Break all games started with these older versions.

I will have a New Fully Updated Patch (SVN v 9265) available by tomorrow if not sooner. This will allow you to have the very latest in C2C without having to use the SVN. Again this is a Courtesy to those players who do Not wantto or can't use the SVN to get regular updates for C2C.

Thank you for playing Caveman2Cosmos.

JosEPh :)

Thanks in advance, Joseph. Yer a prince, man! I'll be downloading the SVN-subsititute file as soon as it's available, although I'll probably hold off on actually installing it until my current game is either completed or becomes nonviable. (Just crossing from the Medieval to the Renaissance era now, so depending on how far the game remains viable, it could be a couple-three weeks. War has been rather surprisingly inactive, so far - basically, only one war, and that on the other continent. Kinda funny, considering we've got Hitler, Cuta-whatsit of the Zulu, Atzli-whatever of the Aztec, and Rakna-Elmer Fudd of the Siamese Empire. We shoulda melted down by now. Meanwhile, over there, Ragnar and Charles V can't seem to get along, and Washington seems to be determined to spread gasoline on the stormy bonfire...)

SVN 9265 Update

No Longer Available.

EDIT: when you click on the link Dropbox will want you to sign in or register with a pop up. Just Close the Pop up (click the little x in the upper right corner) and then click the Download button on the main screen upper right corner.

This folder is win rar'd and is the complete Mod. Unrar, Unzip, or Un7z it then Rename to Caveman2Cosmos. Use this renamed folder to replace your current Caveman2Cosmos folder found in your BtS/Mods folder. Do Not leave 2 versions of C2C in the BtS/Mods folder. This can cause conflicts.

If you are Updating from the v36 Official release or 9016 Patched v36 release you Can Not reuse your Current User Setting folder. This Updated Version should 1st be started as a Play Now game. Play 1 turn, then exit. This will reset/clear the cache of old data. Once you have done this you can now start a New Custom game. Be sure On your very 1st turn to go into the BUG screen and reset all the option you like to use. Then save the game twice in a row (don't save and then play a turn but save a 2nd time even when it asks if you want to Overwrite the setting, click Ok and do it) to lock them into your User Settings.

This version will have you playing the Most current SVN game files for now.

JosEPh

Thanks for this, Joseph. A quick question: my current version is 9229, and you mention not being able to use the User Settings folder for the Official v36 or SVN version 9016. Does this mean I should use my current User Settings folder, or would you recommend that I go ahead and replace it anyway? (And, incidentally, what does this mean for save-game compatibility? Would this mean - *gasp!* - that they wouldn't be broken if I when ahead and updated? *Squee!*)

Thanks for this, Joseph. A quick question: my current version is 9229, and you mention not being able to use the User Settings folder for the Official v36 or SVN version 9016. Does this mean I should use my current User Settings folder, or would you recommend that I go ahead and replace it anyway? (And, incidentally, what does this mean for save-game compatibility? Would this mean - *gasp!* - that they wouldn't be broken if I when ahead and updated? *Squee!*)

The SVN 9265 Patch should not break 9230 games. Nor should you have to discard your 9230 User Settings folder. IIRC, The reason I picked 9230 was because it was past all the Save game breaking changes that started at SVN 9093.

JosEPh

Well, with your reassurance that it wouldn't break my current save-game, I've gone ahead and updated (with backups; I've learned!), and... it works!

One big laughter-inducing change: the great person/great general rates have changed (massively!) between then and now, so I hit end turn after loading the game and received three great generals and either six or seven great persons. Somewhat surreal, it was. Well, off I go...

I hope that he is feeling better soon

Well, One big laughter-inducing change: the great person/great general rates have changed (massively!) between then and now, so I hit end turn after loading the game and received three great generals and either six or seven great persons. Somewhat surreal, it was. Well, off I go...

The rates were previously accidentally changed, so you were not getting them when you should have. You have just received the ones you should have got earlier. :)

Was automated hunting fixed? Thank you for all of your hard work and for being so accomodating to all of us, those who want to play the stable versio and SVN players =)

Was automated hunting fixed? Thank you for all of your hard work and for being so accomodating to all of us, those who want to play the stable versio and SVN players =)

No it is still on Thunderbrd's list. But T-brd is having some RL issues right now and bug fixing is at a stand still until these RL issues are resolved.

We thought that we might have had another C++ programmer coming on board but that seems to have changed. Not gonna happen I'm afraid. :(

So this :old: retired cable maint. tech turned xml modder is minding the store. :p

3 of us on the team, including StrategyOnly the Mod's author (retired Military), are over or at 60 yrs :old:. I'm the oldest at (will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm) 64. ;)

No it is still on Thunderbrd's list. But T-brd is having some RL issues right now and bug fixing is at a stand still until these RL issues are resolved.

We thought that we might have had another C++ programmer coming on board but that seems to have changed. Not gonna happen I'm afraid. :(

So this :old: retired cable maint. tech turned xml modder is minding the store. :p

3 of us on the team, including StrategyOnly the Mod's author (retired Military), are over or at 60 yrs :old:. I'm the oldest at (will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm) 64. ;)

Age is but a number =). I wish Thunderbrd strength and best of luck in difficult times.

Thanks. It's getting better on many accounts. New job with decent pay finally. But since it's still new it's taking up a lot of my thoughts and energy, particularly since it's a management position. Health problems in the home are improving tremendously so that's good too. A few other distractions still exist but I should fairly soon be full bore on fixing and retooling some things here. Keep all major bugs/complaints in the bugs thread so I won't overlook them as I proceed into full attack mode.

Wow. Not to be a PITA, but is there another way to download the patch, or Ver 37, whatever it's called? Last month Dropbox dropped support for Windows XP. Yeah I know, I'm poor.
I've been using ver 33 for a while and sorta fixed up some of the XML issues as they came up.

Sorry if I'm repeating a request, there are literally tens of thousands of messages here and finding anything is really difficult. Thank you. You guys rock.

Wow. Not to be a PITA, but is there another way to download the patch, or Ver 37, whatever it's called? Last month Dropbox dropped support for Windows XP. Yeah I know, I'm poor.
I've been using ver 33 for a while and sorta fixed up some of the XML issues as they came up.

Sorry if I'm repeating a request, there are literally tens of thousands of messages here and finding anything is really difficult. Thank you. You guys rock.

You don't have to sign up for Dropbox! When you click the link Just Close that Sign In Popup (little x in the right top corner) and then click the Download button. They (DropBox) are pushing hard for new customers but the download is available to anyone. Just have to Close the Sign In pop up is all to get to the Download button.

JosEPh

So, if I did not have any old games or versions of C2C already, then I just need to:

1) Install the V36
2) patch with the 9265 (not needing to mess with the 9098 at all)
3) go through the starting first game rigamarole
4) and have fun with my first C2C game since V24.... :)
5) watch this space for any further patches that are not "beta", but go to the SVN thread if I want to get a "beta" build....at my own risk.... (nah, I'll be safe...)

That about it??

And gosh, me at almost 55 (at Week before Halloween) seems young compaired to ya'll... keep up the good work...

The 9265 is a complete replacement, not a patch.
Delete any existing caveman2cosmos folder.
Use 7zip (or simular program) to unzip 9265
Move the caveman2cosmos folder just unzipped
Proceed with your list.

Note: You'll want to double check your bug settings. In particular items like removing the field of vision scale and especially units per tile (set to 0 for unlimited).

So, 9265 is the v37Beta??? Alpha....Alta... :D

So, 9265 is the v37Beta??? Alpha....Alta... :D

Yes. It is a full version with almost all the latest updates and project developments. Plus whatever bug fixes have been taken care of. Read the SVN Changelog thread to see what has been going on. I just added some Updates today, as a matter of fact, to the project I've been working on.

JosEPh ;)

Top Bottom