V37 Multiplayer Problem

Rupa

Chieftain
Hey Guys,

Me and friend tried to play C2C in multiplayer and we were very impressed about the stability of the game in the latest version (v37). But he game crashed, I rehosted the savefile and my friend tried to rejoin. He had no possibility of choosing a civilisation when you relog, just a blank window so he coulnd't get into the lobby...
We hosted by Direct IP connection. Any ideas?
Greetings

Hey Guys,

Me and friend tried to play C2C in multiplayer and we were very impressed about the stability of the game in the latest version (v37). But he game crashed, I rehosted the savefile and my friend tried to rejoin. He had no possibility of choosing a civilisation when you relog, just a blank window so he coulnd't get into the lobby...
We hosted by Direct IP connection. Any ideas?
Greetings
Restart both systems. If a problem exists like that then it would have to be that you don't have the right IP address being entered or something like that. I would wager that if you both restart the computers and take the steps you took when you started except that you're loading the game instead, then it should work ok.

Thank you for your fast respond,

we solved the problem, but I am not sure if it was the way you meant:

1. restart both systems

2. verifiy IP adress (was correct)

3. host selects savefile and waits in civ choice screen

4. friend connects and can see civilizations to pick

5. both choose civ and ready to continue

We played a couple rounds to check if any desync occurs but everything seems working fine.

Thank you for your fast respond,

we solved the problem, but I am not sure if it was the way you meant:

1. restart both systems

2. verifiy IP adress (was correct)

3. host selects savefile and waits in civ choice screen

4. friend connects and can see civilizations to pick

5. both choose civ and ready to continue

We played a couple rounds to check if any desync occurs but everything seems working fine.
Well... given that those are the standard steps to starting a game, I'm not sure what you were doing before. But yeah, that's what you should always do, including the system restarts between games on live MP games.

Top Bottom