v86

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Pretty conservative update this one, I mainly addressed your comments on v85 without adding new things.
Special effort was put on the tech speed.
Despite all effort to tune down modifiers, it was keeping going superfast. On the other hand, with the old map, at least on Prince, it was just right. Despite all settings being the same. So I believe this balance difference is due to the more dense concentration of resources, and to the fact that civs are closer to each other, and this brings tech cost discounts and more trade.
Anyway, I made the necessary changes.

One thing that alarms me is that crashes happened to me several times. It was also the case with 85.
Did you have the same ever happening with 83 and 84?
I would be glad if you can also send me a save of 1 turn before a reproducible crash. I will try to debug it.

Here is the changelog.

- marsh placed in Tianjin. No settling there

- retouched France and Lebanon

- slowed down again techs pace

- tech pace scaling on difficulty level added (higher levels should be a bit slower)

- updated city renames

- passage to the Azores possible. Easy access to the Cape in South Africa not possible anymore (dangerous waters cannot be skipped)

- during collapse, cities will not be assigned to a far civ only because of a cargo ship nearby

- re-added the Barrington Crater

- doubled Arabian modifier for religious victory

- randomly spawning Arabian camel archers accompanied by longswordsmen

- updated Carthage victory text

- reinforced Korean AI starting units (one more archer)

- one additional bowman and one settler less in Portuguese spawn set

- fixed wrong coordinate of secondary Mongolian start

- one less keshik at Mongolian start

- reduced resources around Seoul

- wrong New World threshold updated to the new map coordinates

- removed Heavy Plough wrongly assigned to Asian civs on Classical starting time

- Great Persons will not get plague anymore

- changes to population by plague and by era should correctly update the working citizens

- revised plagues eras

- fixed Viking spawn area

- removed American Memphis so that it does not get confused with Cairo

- Physics require Guilds, in order to avoid too early beelining to Renaissance

- reworked Lybian geography and added one city state that conditionally spawns

- reduced Indian extra workers on advanced starts

- reduced Indian extra population on founding

- Arabia starts at war with Egypt

- added Kazan, alternative to Kiev to spawn around Russia

- at spawn, US and Brazil get techs that are already known by at least 2 European civs

- added barbarians and natives north of Mexico

- changed French and German settlers map so that they will not invade US inland too much

- missionaries in the new world should only be created when the founder of a religion

- fixed some river graphics

- barbarian numbers increase with difficulty level

- reduced era bonus in higher difficulty levels, which would make in cascade all techs go faster

Last edited:
It looks like all the dangerous waters tiles are gone?

Also, I just noticed that there's an oil resource in northern alaska on a tundra tile. Since workers can't walk on tundra, it'll never be developed and is quite useless tbh. The same goes for the cotton on a marsh tile just south of the appalachians.

Last edited:
oh no! Not only dangerous waters, but all non-standard resources are gone again. Sometimes it happens with the world editor not loading mod data correctly (and when I save it gets overwritten).
Wait, I will fix and send again

hi,
I would like to point out the capitals begin with the name city

Last edited:
Do you mean that text "City" is displayed and then it is quickly automatically renamed?
Or "City" remains the name of the city for the whole game without a player action?

All the capitals of each player (including the AI), it has to call "Città" in English means city. If as soon as I create the first city I rename the name, the second colony is given the name "city". If I don't change the name, the following colonies are correctly named in the place where I set up the colony.

My game crashes after this turn. Here is the savegame and the two preceding autosaves.

Attachments

• RFC China CTD.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • AutoSave_0317 AD-0986.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • AutoSave_0318 AD-0993.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
@Rhye what would it take for me to enable all civilizations in a game? Is that even possible? I don’t care about the slowdown.

Somewhat related, is it possible to start as a later civ and have the game play out from the beginning (like was possible in RFC4)?

Top Bottom