Vanilla Game?

Fine by me too. Just give me any instructions I might need being the first. As I said I have played one PBEM before but it was when Civ IV first came out and can't remember much about it. I know BTS has a lot of new options for hotseat but figure as this is vanilla it's pretty much the same as it was when the game was first released!?

I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone mind if I use the PBEM emailer, instead of posting the GPS to the forum? I think the disadvantage of this is that I'll have to know all of your email addresses. The advantage is that you get the status right in your inbox.

2. Jbieksha said "Let's beat up on the AI". Is it strictly humans vs AI? This is my first game with people I don't know, and I don't want you to think I'm blood thirsty, I just wanted to make sure that if it is Humans vs AI, we get that out in the open. I don't mind either way.

3. How many AI? I looked through the thread, and I didn't see the count. If we are going strictly humans vs AI, I wouldn't mind seeing at least 4 AIs, split into 2 teams. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Ulfang, go ahead and PM me if you have any questions that arise. But it's fairly straight-forward: download, open, play, hit enter (end turn), a screen comes up for sending, generally I hit "don't send" (you'll see it). Then close the game. Then open up your e-mail, write a message to the next guy up, attach the savegame file in your "saves\[gamename]" folder that's the most recent (automatically made by the game when you hit end turn), and send it.

Okay, so it's a bit complicated, but once you get the hang of it it's easy as pie.

Port,

1. Fine by me.

2. Well, AI is fair game. It's technically whichever team wins first, which will no doubt be at the other team's cost. But I'd assume both teams would focus on AI first, not each other. Makes sense, you know?

3. That's a good thought, and I was thinking it might make the game more fun that way, too. The only problem is I'm not sure the game properly distributes teams when you have four teams. But if you want 4 AI, I'll do that (was probably going to anyway).

I think 4 AI would be good. I'm not sure about the distribution though, but that would make it an even between the humans and the AI.

1) Fine with me. Others can do the same or use this forum
2) I say free for all. The AI will give our units exp and promotions and other advantages before we take on the other human team. But I won't let my defenses down thinkng the other human team won't attack me first.
3) 4 AI is fine. Any more on the standard map and we'll be fairly crowded in the beginning.

I'd like to suggest a re-order for the teams. I think it might be more fair to alternate the team members: Team 1, Team 2, Team 1, Team 2.

I'm guessing it would slow the first turn down going from DNK to Ulfang. Then Cruising afterwards.

That's a good point.

DNK -> Port -> jbieksha -> Ulfang

Almost ready, guys, just waiting for a confirmation on jbieksha's leader and we can start.

New thread: The Great Game. e-mail has been sent to Port (hopefully).

I just found out about this game today. Willing for a new player to join? I've never played MP before but I'm willing to learn. I'm pretty much a noob all the way around, but I ant to have some fun playing against other people and learning more about the game.

Since we were doing a 2v2 and decided against a 3v3, I don't think we'll have room.

If you like, I could PM you if we ever need a replacement, though. For now we're a closed game, sorry.

BUT, I might be starting another game with my cousin in a week or two. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a third player for a FFA. I'll let you know what he thinks whenever he gets his hands on the game. Otherwise, we could always do a 1v1.

Can we start again guys I don't want to play the Chinese!?

:lol: Just kiddin (what a sense of humour) ;)

Glad the games underway. Hope I managed to send my turn successfully otherwise i'm NOT going to be popular :)

I just realized you didn't ask for Qin, but for whatever reason I thought you did and gave you him... Sorry, but hey he's a pretty good leader so I guess you can't complain, eh? It was a bit confusing going back through multiple request posts and PMs to get the settings straight....

Well, a not-so-random leader for ya there :)

I just realized you didn't ask for Qin, but for whatever reason I thought you did and gave you him... Sorry, but hey he's a pretty good leader so I guess you can't complain, eh? It was a bit confusing going back through multiple request posts and PMs to get the settings straight....

Well, a not-so-random leader for ya there :)

Ahh I thought he was randomly chosen but now you say you assigned him! CHEAT!! lol. Nah really I'm not bothered who I play in multiplayer it doesn't matter. In single player I'd probably have chosen but I think it's more fun to be random in a game with several real players.

Hey i'd like to join as well, got any room for me?
Same thing I said to bamf. I'll let you know about how my cousin feels about a 4 player game. Or we could do our own 3 player game. Give me a few days to find out what his deal is.

There's going to be a delay on the latest turn guys while I try to fix a problem. I needed to update BTS to the latest patch and looks like it's affected the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file which is preventing me from loading the save in this vanilla game. I'm trying to fix it.

Ulfang,

We switched to this thread to track the game: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6423482#post6423482

For the BTS/CIV dll fil issue. the answer is in these forums. I don't know how to fix it once you get into this problem without a complete re-fressh of installs. Here is what I did:
Install CIV, patch to 1.74
Copy Civ1.74 to a different folder under Firaxis Games
Install BTS, Install Patch.

My CIV shortcut goes to the copy. My BTS shortcut goes to the patch.

Good Luck.

Can a person play another on mp who has bts? Would the bts civs/leaders still be optional?

Top Bottom