Varietas Delectat for Rhye's and Fall

it's VD's main mod fault. Like I said, please REPORT them.
I have noted Japanese trireme with galley icon and others but I forgot them. It also seems that Forts disappear from Renaissance and I wasn't able to find out why.

I noticed that playing a game as Arabia. They disappeared and then reappeared in the modern age as little barracks.

The actual version of Vd for RFC is to 8.0 of VD. But i think that lonewolf is waiting for the new version of RFC, in order to avoid unuseful work(why update to a version who will be outdated in a week?).

Yep.

Don't really know anything about the corrupt file, but, like said, after the new RFC patch I'll have to update the thing anyway.

Ok, i reinstalled civ some days ago and i installed your mod, but when i want to start a scenario(300 BS by example) it told to me, this scenario require rhye's and fall of civlization, do you want to download the mod?
I made some changes in the assets for starting units but i don't think that the reason of the bug.
HELP please!

Ok, i reinstalled civ some days ago and i installed your mod, but when i want to start a scenario(300 BS by example) it told to me, this scenario require rhye's and fall of civlization, do you want to download the mod?
I made some changes in the assets for starting units but i don't think that the reason of the bug.
HELP please!

Just rename the original Rhye's and Fall folder and change the name of the VD folder to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

It don't work, when i try to load a scenario, the windows show me all the CIV 4 scenario, and when i choose 600 ad by example(who is in the list), it's RFC without varietas, i tried to delete the original RFC, still bug. I try to only change the normal RFC name and when i charge RFC VD, there's no scenario at all!
Will try to change the RFC VD scenario's names.

EDIT: Still don't works, help please!

Is the modular thingy turned on in the ini?

Yeah, the fact that i changed the mod name to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization created a new readme file where i putted on the thing, and now it works, i supposed that i can delete the RFC VD Readme now?
Ah and there's still the bug that i can choose all the Civ 4 scenario, but whe i;oad a 300 or 600 ad game, it just works so it's OK.

Thanks for help!

The new RFC version is finally out. The last RFC version plus the last VD 9.0 in one mod would make the better mod i ever seen in a civilization game!

I'm a bit heavy on my exams right now, so I guess the new release will be on Tuesday.

Would this work for RFC MP as well? Or is it only compatible with RFC?
Oh, and secondly I was wondering when we can expect the newest version of RFC VD for the new (and last :() version of RFC?

Thanks

PS. Is it possible to just get the assets of VD to put into my regular RFC folder, because I really do not want a whole other mod, and because this mod only changes textures and not gameplay mechanics it would be nice to have it part of an integral part of the game.

Can you read?

Lonewolf said in the post above that it will be released in tuesday.
He also said that it is in another folder, because the half modular installation was very complicated for a lot of player.
The only thing i regret is that the RFC VD is a little bit buggy, so you're obliged to do some manipulations descripted above.

Ah an another duggestion for the next version : lonewolf, can you please keep the rhye immortal instead of the VD ones, it's not realistic to see chariot with one speed. Would be cool to apply the actual VD immortal model to the normal persian chariot and the Rhye model to immortals. Thanks!

Ah an another duggestion for the next version : lonewolf, can you please keep the rhye immortal instead of the VD ones, it's not realistic to see chariot with one speed. Would be cool to apply the actual VD immortal model to the normal persian chariot and the Rhye model to immortals. Thanks!

Wow, I didn't realize Rhye even had a model for immortals. I only ever play with this modmod, so I've only seen them as chariots. But yes, that'd be cool :)

I promise to do the thingy tomorrow, after my Late Middle Ages exam.

Uploaded the new version.

ya really nice work Lone Wolf, really, I have to say your mod is one of the best, since it doesn't affect the gameplay at all, but it makes the game look so much better.
Btw, were you able to fix most of the bugs (like with the unit cards)?
And what about the Persian immortals, did you change them back to Rhye's regular guys, with the spears?

And what about the Persian immortals, did you change them back to Rhye's regular guys, with the spears?

I did, unless I missed something. I guess the VD creator himself fixed most of the unit card abnormalities.

I had to spend some time ensuring that the cannon graphics are roughly appropriate for the time period they appear in. Some of them will change their look with the Industrial era advance. Pity that you can't change the graphics with the Renaissance onset, only with the Industrial.

Love the new version, some of the new textures look great, but right off the bat, (I havn't played much yet), here is my error report of bug fixes to do:

1. Babylon is still the world city, with tipee huts and really strange looking buildings, there is something definitely wrong with the texture.

2. Although Constantinople has these really impressive walls, Rome's walls are just palisades, wooden sticks, can't you have it so that a big city would have its walls be transformed into large stone walls?

3. The Egyptian Medieval and early musketmen look like there "Ancient Egyptian" which is kinda weird, do you think you could change them to look more Arab-Egyptian, more Ayyubid/Mamluk/Fatmid style rather then Ancient Egyptian style, for example think about the crusades, and what they wore, rather then trying to imagine what the Ancient Egyptians would of worn 2000 years later. A GREAT example for your future stuff for the Egyptians and for all the other civs would be the game Medieval 2 Total War, and also its predecessor Empire Total War, where unit graphics is given A LOT of attention, compared to this game (which is not a bad thing, its just a fact of life)

4. Also the Egyptian Riflemen look very Sudanese, maybe just lightning up there skin colour would be a good idea.

5. This is a suggestion. Since Catholicism, Protestantism and different forms of Islam are not shown in the game, why not show it in there missionaries, like have different looking Inidan Buddhist missionaries, from Chinese Buddhist missionaries. Or another example would be having Russian/Greek Orthodox looking Christina Missionaries for the Russians, Greeks, Byzantine, and Ottomans, but having more Catholic looking missionaries for Western Europe. Although I can't think of how you could make Confucianism and Taoism look different, but then again they don't have to. This is just an idea I had.

6. I was wondering if you could change the Stonehenge to the Sphinx? I don't know if you already do, but if you could that would be great, since most people would prefer it anyways, since its usually built by the Egyptians.

7. Could you tweak the Arab swordsmen a bit, they look a bit shifty.

8. Please can you make the Roman Archers (which are actually slingshot guys) look more like the Greek ones, with an actuall bow and arrow, because it kind of looks ridicouls, having the Roman Empire being protected by guys with slingshots. ;)

Overall I love your work, and I even took all your files and put them into the regular RFC folder, because I use your mod all the time anyways. I am especially a fan of your Japanese units, which look A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Also I love the Arab settlers, really nice work. :goodjob:
And I will be writing down and telling you all the errors I spot

Top Bottom