1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vassals

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Putmalk, Feb 8, 2016.

1. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Warlord

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but I feel the ability to liberate vassals should become immediately available when there are no active civilizations left. I was doing a domination victory with the Aztecs, and everything was going great. I had a war on two fronts with the last two civilizations in the game, and I was only able to take out Japan earlier than anticipated, because Sweden agreed to capitulation. Once taken care of, I thought to myself, "This is perfect. I used a citadel to take the territory around Stockholm's borders. All I have to do now, is move in my cannons, liberate them, and finish them off." Then I realized I had to wait another 45 turns before I could liberate them.

Now, I'm certain I'm not going to finish a clearly finishable game, because I don't want to spend the next 45 turns doing nothing of value just to get a winscreen.

2. Magil

Magil Monarch

Honestly, if you have a vassal that should count as controlling their capital for domination purposes.

There are a fair amount of holes in the current way vassals are set up. Give me back my Civ IV "time for your tribute, refusal means WAR!" option.