veBears Civs

Awesome addition to the game. I do have one question regarding this civ. For some reason when I meet the Minoans in-game, the introductory diplomatic text is blank. Is there some way I can fix this, and if so how would I go about doing so?

Hi there fellow Norwegian. I hope you don't mind if I moved your question here ;)

Uansett, det er en merkelig bug du har der. Egentlig skal en leader som ikke har tekst bruke en av standard-introduksjonene. Det går an å skape sin egen dimplomati-tekst. Da vil jeg anbefale å kopiere noen diplomati tekster fra andre leadere og så skrive dem om... uten å endre originalene selvsagt. Etterpå kaller du dem noe som for eksempel "TXT_DIPLO_LEADER_MINOS_FIRST_CONTACT". Etterpå må du kopiere in DiplomacyInfos xml skjemaet inn i din mod (pass på at det ligger i tilsvarende mappe i din mod). Søk etter andre ledere i dette skjemaet (eksempel: LEADER_GILGAMESH) og kopier hele entryen og paster rett nedenfor den. Deretter erstatter du LEADER_GILGAMESH med LEADER_MINOS og TXT_KEY_DIPLO_LEADER_GILHAMESH_FIRST_CONTACT med TXT_DIPLO_LEADER_MINOS_FIRST_CONTACT i den kopierte delen.

Håper dette er nok til at du forstår.

Translation: Me explaining how to add diplotext to a leader in norwegian.

Actually the forum name was a reference to me being the token scandinavian amongst my friends, lol. Sadly I don't speak the mother tongue like some of the family up in Minnesota. *facepalm*

*edit* But thanks to the wonders of Google Translate I now get the general idea and am now implementing it as I understand it. Thanks!

Since veBear will be the one uploading our Zimbabwe civ, I guess it's fine if I post it here.

So, veBear, what do you think of this for Joshua Nkomo?

The skin texture came out better than I expected, thanks to the most evil and insane techiniques of layering that I just recently learned!

Attachments

• Nkomo.jpg
    Nkomo.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 452
That looks AMAZING!

I wrote it in caps simply becuase using normal writing would not be enough.

Good, my work for that part is done. Now to move onto throwing on FDR's suit for Khama. :)

Oh, and do you want me to do the rigging for Khama for you, or can you handle that on your own?

I have no blender myself now. Have been 'cleaning my computer' for about 4 months now... that sure is progress :lol:

It's actually just a reskin, so that might be why ;)

It's a retexture of an LH we found around here: Berlusconi. We figured no one would use it anyway, so we could retexture it and use it as an African leader. So no need to worry, that's probably why you did not see who's the base ;)

Ah, okay, i remember it, Berlusconi is from KrugerPritz.

Well, the chances that someone uses him in a mod are pretty low, that's right (okay, you never know if he might not still do something world changing....).
But even if, i think the texture is already making some difference.

Hi, I've been trying to install some of your module civilizations but I haven't managed to do it. I have no prior experience with mods so I don't know if I understand what "Install by putting into your: Beyond the Sword/Mods/YOUR MOD NAME/Assets/Modules/CustomCivilizations" means. I've changed the Civilization 4 ini file but I don't know what to do next. I've followed a couple of tutorials, copying the files in different folders, but when I load the mod no new civilizations appear.
It seems I have to "create a mod" and copy the new civilizations files into that folder. What do I have to do to create this new mod? I've just created a new folder, but I don't know if that is enough. I must be doing something wrong because the civs aren't working.
When I was looking for help, I have also read about creating an ini file for the mod in its own folder, but I don't understand how to do it.
Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

First, you need a mod to put it into. Create this in the MODS folder in your My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword directory. You can name it 'More Civs' for now. Name it something you like, per example 'MoreCivs', and then you need to create an 'Assets' directory inside that folder. When you have done that, create a 'Modules' folder and copy-paste in the Minoans (if you want them in your game... if not, you will have to manually create the 'CustomCivilizations' folder inside the Modules folder, but with the Minoans this folder is included). Then copy paste all the rest of the civs inside the 'CustomCivilizations' folder, load the game and select the mod.

Now you exit the game and go back to the modfolder again (the one named, per example, MoreCivs; if you did name your mod something else, you have to go back to that folder). Now there should be an .ini file in this folder. Open this and set Modular Loading to 1. Then start the game again, run the mod and you have the civs.

Hope this helps :)

@veBear:

O_O My bad. Do you by chance have diversica or Veritas Delicat installed (because the unit's in there)? If not, I'll send it to you once I get back to my main computer again.

Just did a quick check and the answer is no, I don't have it. Send it when you get back :)

Hi veBears,
I heard you were all out of Beta Civs, and you were taking suggestions. So i have a few i haven't seen and would like to see.

Nez Pierce

LH:
Chief Joseph [Pro/Org] (here)

UU:
Nez Pierce Rider
Replaces Horse Archer
+15 :hammers:
Starts with Flanking I, Flanking II, Commando

UB:
Horse Breeder
Replaces Stable
+10 :hammers:
+5% :hammers: (Like Shale Plant)
New mounted units receive +3 experience points

Summary:
The Nez Pierce Indian Tribe are famous for two reasons, their horses and Chief Joseph. Their horses are among the best in the world so I wanted to reflect that in both the UU and UB. Chief Joseph is Protective and Organized, in considering he led his people on a 1,700 mile journey to Canada eluding capture till the end. The Nez Pierce Rider reflects this with its increased cost (better quality horses) and free promotions. The Horse Breeder costs a little bit more in the beginning but grants a good bonus in the long run with a +5% :hammers: overall like the shale plant, for the quality of Nez Pierce horses.

Chippewa

LHs:
Great Buffalo [Phi/Spi] (here)
White Cloud [Pro/Spi] (here)

UU:
Ogichidaa
Replaces Cavalry
On Foot [No Horse Required]
+1 :strength:
Can receive defensive bonuses
Can withdraw from combat (50% chance)
-50% attack vs. cannon

UB:
Fishery
Replaces Harbor
+3 :health: from clam, crab, fish

Summary: The Chippewa are a Midwestern Indian Tribe surrounding the Great Lakes. Their warriors are famous for their tactics in Little Crow's War. And as a culture based around the Great Lakes fishing is a part of their lives. Great Buffalo, who was Chief overall Chippewa in his lifetime made many treaties with the United States to prevent violence between the two. Wabanquot was a chief of the Gull Lake Chippewa who was protective of his people in both a physical and spiritual way. The Ogichidaa of the Chippewa fight on foot in guerilla style tactics however generally are crippled when faced with large artillery. The fishery is the primary source of food for the Chippewa so a healthy supply is maintained.

Singapore

LH:
David Marshall [Chm/Fin] (here)

UU:
Cargo Ship
Replaces Transport
Cargo Space: 6
1 :strength:

UB:
Superport
Replaces Customs House
+180 :hammers:
+300% commerce from intercontinental foreign trade routes
+2 :commerce: on water tiles
+2 :yuck: from Oil

Summary: David Marshall was the first Prime Minister of Singapore and fought valiantly for its freedom and financial security. The cargo ship, the main trading vessel of today boasts a whopping 6 cargo spaces replacing the Transport, making amphibious assaults a definite possibility as long as the ship is with a vanguard because due to the size and weight of the ship its kinda vulnerable. Finally the Superport brings it all together with improved commerce on water tiles and from intercontinental foreign trade routes at the cost of production and health.

That I'm out of Beta civs. True. That I'm taking suggestions. Not true.
I am indeed sorry to say so, but those civ's don't really interest me. The first two were not really 'nations' in such a sence, and the last one would only have one city on their list, so that's why. Besides, I already have a list of civs to finish:
1. Madagascar (actually ready to be uploaded... just haven't done it yet.
2. Zimbabwe (with Cybrxkhan)
3. Iceland

And then a list of civs that I want to do (in no particular order... there's no guarantee that I'll actually make those):
Zulu improved (improved version of Warlords Zulu with two new leaders and some flavour units)
Dahomey v2
Pueblo People
Afghanistan
Timurids
Iroquois

Can't really help you on those. Still, there's some nice tutorials in the tutorials section, so I'll advice you to try yourself, and if there is any questions, feel free to ask, and I shall try to help :)

@veBear: I'm pretty much done with the last LH, and will be testing him later today. I'll probably send him (and the UU art) tonight, as long as everything works out fine.

Great! Then I might be able to release TWO civs this weekend :)

Top Bottom