VEM120 and CSDv26

Aristos

Lightseeker
I started a new game with both enabled, after a loooong time of not trying them together. Are they FULLY compatible? Or should I worry about little things like load order?

I ask becasue I noticed that the help text for the Patronage tree corresponds to VEM, yet CSD makes some changes to that same tree. Do they work together? Or is my game (quite interesting, by the way) gone to trash?

Thanks for any clarification.

The policy changes from one mod will override the other, depending on the order they're installed. It's easy to customize either mod to your personal preferences. To alter the VEM patronage policies, open up "Policies/VEP - General.xml" and search for "Patronage."

Sometimes the actual diplomat unit doesn't appear as well. And check the bribe prices for the CS's CSD is different than VEM.

CSD prices are set high 600 gold = 25 influence. VEM is 250 = 50? influence.

Would love to see this mod incorporated into VEM permanently.

Would love to see this mod incorporated into VEM permanently.
Please please don't. I think the CSD mechanic is quite subjective; many people (including myself) don't enjoy it at all.

I agree. For me CSD falls into the "modmod" category. It has clear value, but is different enough from VEM that many VEM users don't play with it .

I use to, but don't anymore. Moving combat units around is time consuming enough.

I use to, but don't anymore. Moving combat units around is time consuming enough.

Yeah, I tried it, but went back to the old way. In fact, I run the Not Another CS Mod for the more variety in names. I usually run with the new traits commented out, as I couldn't prove they even work right.

Now if I could just get Spatz's Ascension working to add on the end of the game, integrated with Thal's mod. I might get ambitious and see what I have to comment out/not load to make such a thing work. :crazyeye:

i.e. I'm not asking Thal to do that. :scan:

Hi,

How can i tell whether CSD & VEM has loaded with the correct order?
I know i have got the diplomat units, but i am not really sure about my patronage tree..

Also i have heard mention of CSD as modmod, does that mean that there is a separate version of CSD available specifically for use with VEM?

If you have diplomats, you have CSD. If you have Levies available with Civil Service and Pikesmen with Metal Casting, then you have VEM. If the game doesn't have obvious bugs, it loaded in the correct order.

The policy changes from one mod will override the other, depending on the order they're installed. It's easy to customize either mod to your personal preferences. To alter the VEM patronage policies, open up "Policies/VEP - General.xml" and search for "Patronage."

Hello Txurce, thanks a lot for your response, but Thal's post seems to indicate otherwise. I do have the diplomats and the CSD buildings with +1%Trade Routes and diplomat building, but my patronage policies seem off with the adoption giving a bonus to City State payments..

bud[b];11115047 said:
Hello Txurce, thanks a lot for your response, but Thal's post seems to indicate otherwise. I do have the diplomats and the CSD buildings with +1%Trade Routes and diplomat building, but my patronage policies seem off with the adoption giving a bonus to City State payments..

It sounds as if they didn't load properly, for the reasons Thal gave.

Top Bottom