Venus of Willendorf - possible bug?

DC0

Prince
When built, it gave +1 citizen to my only city.
Second city I've built (still in Prehistoric era) got only 1 citizen. Is it intended behaviour of Venus of Willendorf?
I believe it gave +1 citizen to any city until it became obsolete. Or maybe I confuse it with Bath of... world wonder...

SVN v9913.

Confusing it with the Great Bath of Mohenjo-Daro. Venus will give +1 population to all cities you have at the time it's constructed so usually only gives +1 pop but it's a really nice boost at that time.

Venus will give +1 population to all cities you have at the time it's constructed but it's a really nice boost at that time.
Thank you. I agree, boost is nice. But description is confusing.
I suggest changing description as follows: "+1 population to all your existing cities".

Doesn't it say +1 Population to all cities? If it's not a city yet, why would a player think it would get the benefit as soon as its founded later? The wording on the Great Bath states it clearly that it applies to cities when they are founded.

Confusing it with the Great Bath of Mohenjo-Daro. Venus will give +1 population to all cities you have at the time it's constructed so usually only gives +1 pop but it's a really nice boost at that time.
I hate to miss either of those wonders. Especially the later one. I love making cities that start with 2 pop when founded.

I hate to miss either of those wonders. Especially the later one. I love making cities that start with 2 pop when founded.
It's a great wonder (no pun intended) indeed. But you have to be careful if you're playing with 1-tile-cities (I don't remember the exact name) enabled - you need to bring storytellers or a few animals with you when founding a city, otherwise the second pop starves immediately.

There is a bit of a disconnect at the moment between the wonder (Great Bath) and the time when all cities start with 2 population at the Colonialism tech. I think we need to obsolete the building later or move the +1 pop to an earlier tech or both to get a more fluid feel. Currently it is a bit of a shock.

There is a bit of a disconnect at the moment between the wonder (Great Bath) and the time when all cities start with 2 population at the Colonialism tech. I think we need to obsolete the building later or move the +1 pop to an earlier tech or both to get a more fluid feel. Currently it is a bit of a shock.
Easy enough to obsolete the building later.

Top Bottom