Version 0.9.8 Discussion

I've taken down the 0.9.8c build due to a bug reported in the installer, which was causing LoR to dump the Start Menu Shortcuts, if selected, into the main start menu folder for some users. I'm not really concerned about that, I'm concerned about what the uninstaller will do when it's run and tries to delete the start menu shortcuts, as it's supposed to delete the start menu shortcut installation folder. When I intentionally screwed up the install script to replicate this bug on my computer Windows blocked it from causing any problems, but it was still a big enough concern for me to remove the download links for a couple of hours until I get things back up. Currently awaiting Strategy Informer approval, and/or a working download up on Filefront, whichever comes first.

Okay, perfect, thanks for the clarification!

Also, I guess I could put this in bug reports, but I'm running the 0.9.8b version and the various keyboard shortcuts don't seem to be working:

ctrl-shift-P (new civ)
ctrl-shift-L (new leader)

Which is funny because the others work:
ctrl-al-o (game options)
ctrl-shift-x (autoplay)

Is there any other way to switch civs besides the short cuts?

ctrl-shift-P (new civ)
ctrl-shift-L (new leader)

These are debugging options. You must enable debug mode (otherwise known as cheatmode) to use these options. Set the cheatmod = 0 line in your main BtS configuration file (found in ...MyGames/Beyond the Sword) to cheatmode = chipotle in order to activate debug mode.

Downloads back up:

Important Note:

Minor update to the 0.9.8c release, as there was a bug found in the installer that raised a couple of red flags. If you installed LoR 0.9.8c and it dumped start menu shortcuts directly into your Star Menu Shortcuts folder, without separating them into their own section, I recommend you delete the uninstaller in LoR, and reinstall, rather then running the uninstaller, as the uninstaller may cause problems if ran. There were only 80 downloads of LoR 0.9.8c, and only a few of these could have experienced this bug, but it is worth noting.

0.9.8c+ changelist:
-Fixed installation issue with the start menu shortcuts on Complete installs
-Added Afforess's Python Callbacks
-More translations

Suggestions:

- Aside from difficulties with improvement art, would you consider making watermills buildable on any river tile, rather than only one side of a straight river? Placing them is annoying, and I'm always struck by the fact that the restrictions are difficulties with artwork rather than gameplay. Also, it can be hard to tell whether the tile is improved because there's nothing in the center. Windmills on either side of a river should just have the wheel graphic placed to either end of the tile, mills placed on the outside of a corner should have an angled graphic in the corner, and there should be some kind of recolored cottage graphic in the center of the tile.

- I almost never play past the medieval era, but I did in a recent game and I tried out privateer spam on my backwards rivals. I'd never used privateers at all before. I found that the only units that were any real threat to mine were galleasses, so I could park on an ocean tile just outside of the other civ's cultural borders and blockade from there. It felt cheap, and I don't think I'll use privateers again in their current form. Blockade should have a range of 1-2 until some later tech, maybe Steam Power.

Thanks for continued updates. I love this mod! I'll try 98c out as soon as I finish my current game.

Well, I finally finished my first full game with 0.9.8, or rather, it finished me. :D

It's better than ever! Nice job, phungus! :goodjob:

Top Bottom