Version 2.6 discussion

@Commander Bello

Good to hear from you once again! :) Yes, the Shaft Mine does cause 1 unhappiness to city - this change was part of the happiness/unhappiness/culture rate balance in recent patches. There should be enough buildings&resources to encounter the unhappiness though it's bit harder now than in previous versions - you should also consider other options than building mine over every hill plot. ;)

What would be better in the earlier game than mine over hill? (or the later game)

Until Paper, ie. Lumbermills, basically leaving them alone till windmills are available. Unless of course they hold a resource.

You still need mines but placement needs to be considered if you are in a region with multiple hills.

What I do to counter the unhappiness is to make sure I grab at least 1 religion early. Then get 1 or 2 more as the ancient era is heading towards Classical. By that time I can place mines and counter with temples and then add in arenas and coliseums if I need some extra Happy.

JosEPh

I got to play a lot longer before the game CTD'd this time, and actually made it to 1980 AD. The exact same problem as last time with the core.dll file. The logs had nothing in them, and only the App Log had any info which is in my first post (previous page). I played with a smaller map, which may have contributed to the longer game time. This is an awesome mod up until it crashes. Only one change in system specs, and that was an upgraded video card.

System Specs:
Win Vista Home Ultimate w/ latest updates
2GB Memory
Nvidia GForce 9600GT OC 512MB w/ driver 182.5
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.8G processor
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio w/ driver 1.3.2

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem with loading maps with Rise of Mankind. The mod loads for me and then, i think just before XML starts loading, with the maps it stops and I get an error report from windows.

Anyone experiencing a similar problem? It's happened to me with both 2. and 2.62.help

First of all thank you for the mod i think it's a great one...at least until 1920-1980...then CTD...every time
I have tried it on XP, Vista32bit, Vista64bit and Windows 7 64bit...CTD. I also can't find anything inside the logs. I noticed, every time i try to build the United Nations Wonder it crashes. If I don't build it, the game goes on several turns (perhaps until the AI builds it?) Did anyone else experience something like that?

My system:
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
4GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512MB
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz)
(Fresh Windows-, Driver- and CIV(+BTS 3.17+ROM 2.6) install

[Huge map, 12 Civs]

View attachment AutoSave_AD-1927.CivBeyondSwordSave

This mod is by far the best I've played for ANY game. However, I'm quite frustrated with it hehe. It seems that when I discover guilds, within one or two turns it crashes if I have Christianity as religion (thinking maybe has to do with the chapter houses?). This has happened in two separate games at the same point, within one or two turns of discovering guilds when Christianity is religion. I have not tried it yet with a different religion (will do so soon), but wondering if this is a known issue or whatnot or if there is a workaround (besides starting over).

I have played this well into the industrial age before, but Christianity was not my religion at the time.

I have Windows Vista fully upgraded
2GB RAM
256 MB Vid card

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0961.CivBeyondSwordSave
    818.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi Zappara,

ROM2 is a very nice mod to play, i have one question about revolutions.
There are less revolutions as in the original revolution mod.
What did you exactly change in the ini files for revolutions ?

Hi Zappara,

ROM2 is a very nice mod to play, i have one question about revolutions.
There are less revolutions as in the original revolution mod.
What did you exactly change in the ini files for revolutions ?
At least I increased the turn amounts between the revolutions. There might have been few other small changes as well but can't remember them from memory.

Whatever I try RoM 2.63 hangs on the world creation. What used to work perfectly was let LandMasses create a Huge World but now nothing works. Tried a few map scripts that come with RoM but even they fail. The game just hangs at the final bit, I never get a glimpse of that the game made me. What can it be?

Whatever I try RoM 2.63 hangs on the world creation. What used to work perfectly was let LandMasses create a Huge World but now nothing works. Tried a few map scripts that come with RoM but even they fail. The game just hangs at the final bit, I never get a glimpse of that the game made me. What can it be?

Can you post logs from your game? I suspect that something goes wrong with python during game init.

Can you post logs from your game? I suspect that something goes wrong with python during game init.
Hi Zappara,

I think I found the error. I renamed the folder to RoM263, I think that is a deadly sin isn't it :wallbash:. Sofar it seems to work well, even with "foreign" map scripts.

Ok I have a little more information. I'm now almost certain it has to do with the chapter houses + christianity.

I've played about 50 rounds past guilds now, but I had to switch to Hellenism. I just tried switching to christianity again so I might be able to build the chapter houses...and it crashed next turn.

At first I thought it might be first Autosave after Christianity, but I turned off autosave and it happened again.

Any help would be appreciated as I was really looking forward to using the specialty units.

Possibly a wrong declaration in XML?

This may or may not be a bug.

It may or may not had been reported before. If so, please pardon me :).

When I tried to load PerfectWorld map (gigantic size), it just froze while initializing.

Does anyone know why me and my friends all with the same version (2.63) cannot see each others games in the multiplayer lobby?

Just curious if others have the same problem: in the early stage of a game I'm getting very often (every 1-2 turns) a CTD when ending the turn or even when the next turn starts ans I am clicking through the cities.

In details: about 2000 BC the game starts getting these CTD rarely, their chance increases to a CTD every 1-2 turns which I bypass by saving the game every turn before ending and then loading again after it crashed which works for 1-2 more turn then.

Playing 2.63 (no Megapack) Emporer Custom game:
- Terra map
- 10 AI
- start as minor, babarian civs, revolution mod

My Computer:
- Core2Duo 3Ghz
- 2GB Ram
- XP 32 bit SP3

I know of the problems in the late state of the game, which I luckily didn't encountered in my last 3 games. But these CTD in the early phase are quite annyoing, luckily I can continue playing even with a huge loss of time.

@Tekener

These CDTs can be caused by barbarian civs and/or revolution mod. Sometimes they never happen then you get a few games where they happen all the time. They are also difficult to track down and don't always put something in the logs so they can be tracked down. Providing your logs may help, or not. The good news is that the CDTs appear to be much rarer in 2.7Test1.

Top Bottom