1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Iceman68

Iceman68 Chieftain

hmmmm, I think the intention is to built 3 breweries max, and have 3 functioning, not build unlimited breweries but only have 2 functioning (which is what I have got in my game)

2. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

The multiple national wonder model clearly doesn't work for anyone.

May I suggest we change it, where possible?

If you can have multiple FIXED national wonders - eg you build 3 and after 3 it disappears from the list and cannot be built elsewhere, then that's clearly what Zappara was aiming at and we should use that.

If not, then I suggest we make it linked to mini-buildings like the Cathedrals are.

So, for example, 1 Brewery per 3 er.. Grocer?

I'm sure we can make that work.

Other than that, I'd rather just have 1. You could have a steel mill produce 3 steel instead of 1, and leave it at that. You have to choose where to put it, and stick to your decision.

3. mportela

mportela Chieftain

I'm clueless here.

I have updated to 3.19 then got everything I wanted to have my RoM fix (2.7, leaderpack and a lot of modmods). Though the vanilla game works as normal, loading the RoM mod crashes the load mentioning something about the cvgamecoredll.dll file.

I then installed a fresh vanilla 2.7 RoM without any changes or mods and it crashed again.
    The only thing I have besides the vanilla game 3.19 and vanilla RoM 2.7 is a previous (3.17) installation of Blue Marble Gold... can it be the cause of the crash? I have no other clues on what may be happenning... even aaranda dll 1.11 crashes the game :(

Any help you can think of? Also if I have to take out blue marble again (which I hope not) any way to get the golden interface back to the game?

4. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I've noticed this too, not sure if it's problem with Main interface python code or with the DLL - I think new RevDCM was supposed to show dynamic civ names in scoreboard but it seems to have this bug.

I've added some random events to v2.71 that makes sure there will be Storms throughout the game.

Actually it checks for any route types ie. it's enough to have Cart Paths.

The music defines are the same as in BtS, I haven't touched those (except added new defines for Transhuman era).

Good idea :)

Another time to check resource distribution... :lol:

Tea will become visible now with Calendar in v2.71.

National Wonder system was the easiest way to go in the given time in order to get v2.7 ready. The previously suggested "resource building type" would require extra python coding, which I might try to make later. Anyway I'll remove the hammer bonuses from those resource NWs so that there's no need to build any extra.

Navigation and Maneuvering promotion lines give extra movement. One of the promotions halves the terrain movement cost... ;)

Linking resource NWs through the xml modifiers you've suggested doesn't work as once you have enough requirement building you would then be able to build those NWs to all your cities. The way to limit them would be through python, but looping through all buildings in all your cities to see if you can build another resource NW would certainly slow down the game (probably too much).

Can you post log files from your game? See the first post in this thread how to enable logging. If certain log files are very huge files you can leave them out but be sure to include all the init, audio and python logs as those are the most important ones.

5. mportela

mportela Chieftain

Apparently after 3.19 I can only play vanilla BtS and no other 3.19 ready mod works. Even after sevral solution tests like reinstalling the patch, reinstalling BtS and reinstalling everything from scratch. :(

6. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I dont know python well enough to be sure, but maybe the revolution "bug" is because the path is 1/3 of normal road and therefore calculates like 3 times the distance. What I do know is the py replacement worked wonders, so I'm almost sure it has to be with the new REVDCM road calculations.

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I can confirm this as Alexander's music is messed up and it is playing Chinese Unification mods music. Anyone else have this problem?

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have had the problem of all leaders having the same music but only after installing the extra leader pack! Maybe we did need 2.71 after all:lol:

Changing the production buildings from NW to normal buildings requiring a number of other buildings should not lead to every city having one just as every city can't have a cathedral, unless you use AAranda's religions mod. The problem is figuring out which building and how many.

On another topic - is there any way of disabling the farmers mod? I find that it wrecks the trade system late in the game.

9. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

Yeah, I thought it was weird too how civs otherwise unmodified from Vanilla had different music. Gonna have to go file hunting now, any ideas where to start?

10. climat

climat King

Audio xml files (2D,Define) in XML/Audio folder should be modified for extra leaders, I think.

11. Nightguard

Nightguard Warlord

One balance bit of feedback I'd like to add at this point. I think that the Proletariat civic is a little overpowered. It really feels like the only reasonable choice for a good portion of the game, based only on the massive commerce bonus it provides. Perhaps the +2 commerce from farms, pastures and workshops should be scaled back to +1 each? I think this would give us plenty of incentive to look at some of the other options.

12. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I agree with Nightguard. Never understood it anyway. Shouldnt it be the Bourgois that produces wealth and the proletariat that has production.

Wiki's

The proletariat (from Latin proles, "offspring") is a term used to identify a lower social class; a member of such a class is proletarian. Originally it was identified as those people who had no wealth other than their sons. The term was initially used in a derogatory sense, until Karl Marx used it as a sociological term to refer to the working class.

Bourgeoisie is a classification used in analyzing human societies to describe a social class of people. Historically, the bourgeoisie comes from the middle or merchant classes of the Middle Ages, whose status or power came from employment, education, and wealth, as distinguished from those whose power came from being born into an aristocratic family of land owners. In modern times, it is the class owning the means for producing wealth.[1]

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

zappara wrote:
    AW SHUCKS! :p

<sigh>I liked them and wanted to build them everywhere.<sigh>

I always thought you needed as much ammunition, to carry out a war, as possible. That it was a requirement for some of the mechanized units. But why go to war with 3 bullets when you can have 20, or 30, or 100?

And while you may have only a hand full of cities that can make Cement, there are literally thousands of cities with concrete plants. So if Cement is a NW then there needs to be Concrete Plants/buildings to use the resource. And the Concrete plants give a Hammer or 2 to production.

Well those are my thoughts on the subject.

JosEPh :)

14. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I am not using any addons so that can't be causing the diplo music bug.

15. CivEikka

CivEikka Warlord

Allways when I capture a city the game crashes. :F (And sometimes when AI captures)

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sorry if this has been asked but do you have the stack attack option on? This is the only time I have had something which looked like a crash. It wasn't a crash to desktop but looked like a waiting error. Clicking on the mini map "fixes" the problem.

17. CivEikka

CivEikka Warlord

There is the save, right before I attack. (and no, I don't haw the stack attack option on.)

Attached Files:

18. dasvidania

dasvidania Warlord

Good morning,
    i have a strange problem, it seems that the game goes in loop. I installed last patch 3.19 and i enabled all options with BUG mode except religion options. After 1,5H without problems now the game it seems in loop and it doesn't turn to the next turn. I can move the mouse and open BUG mode but the mouse pointer it's always in "thinking".

I have attached the log files.

Thanks Zappara and all modder for your great works.

Attached Files:

19. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Did anyone else notice that a religion of which a human player has the holy city spreads faster than other religions?

20. last skunk

last skunk Chieftain

turn 165, bummer

Yep I am getting CTD's much earlier than before and at turn 165 I get the turn that will never end, recidivist error can't reboot past it. I installed the leader pack, and to those who said it only contained minor changes, sux this. All the leaders are scrambled with civs, not sure if the glitch is because of the saved game.(gunpowder, galleon, cannon by 1400bc:cry:, what a waste of hours). I start the next game with the log files on.

When will 2.71 be released cause I'm sick of playing partial games only to have to scrap all saved games, thanks firaxis.:wallbash: