1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Ironmann

Ironmann Chieftain

Besides the first time ever experienced shifted symbol bugs I also experienced something strange with the Abyssian Xebec.

Picture says more than 1000 words so here I go;

Other than that I as always are thankfull for this great(best) mod.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is nothing wrong - the xebec is in a coastal fort - that is allowed in BtS.

3. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

This is an intended strategy, not a bug.

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Look in one of the first post in this thread. There you'll find some Gamefonts.tga that fix the shifting symbols ;)

5. Jakob Safa

Jakob Safa Chieftain

Beside all the bugs that have been mentioned I noticed this:
    commercial port is an upgrade of the normal port, but I can build commercial port without building a port first.

6. chumpy56

chumpy56 Chieftain

fox, I just had the same problem last night.... huge map, only 6 civs. My computer is bad (P4, 512 RAM, 128mb VC) but I have never had any of the problems others have noted. No MAF, no CTD. I was at around 2200 BC as well.

7. fox456

fox456 Warlord

Thanks for replying chumpy. Not only was I crashing every time I wanted to reload, the turns were taking quite a while for the computer opponents. I started a new game today with a LARGE map instead of a HUGE map and I've just started the reload crashes. I'm only 99 turns into the game. Is there a hard disk size requirement or something else I'm overlooking? I really like this mod and I have alot of patience. But, it is discouraging me now that the problem persists even with a LARGE map.

NOTE: I just found out that the game also crashes if you try to simply exit the game to go to the Main Menu.

8. climat

climat King

- Changed: Port +1 health with Shrimp, no longer require Harbor in city (allows player to skip Harbor building if already has access to Port, building upgrade line still works like before)
    - Changed: Commercial Port +1 health with Shrimp, no longer require Port
    - Changed: International Port +1 health with Shrimp, no longer require Commercial Port

It is changed from 2.7test2, I think.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I was getting something similar but then I cleaned up my computer, defraged my hard drive and now I am back to getting the problem only in the late game "transhuman" era where I know my PC is struggling because of all the units and graphics etc. I did it for other reasons but it may jsut work for you also.

10. HdS

HdS Chieftain

It is possible to play a 2.63 game on 2.7?
    I get a late game ctd at 2.63 and i assume it is caused by better ai (suggested in 2.63 bug thread).
    But i want to finish the game - i don't like unfinished work

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Don't think so. 2.63 was based on the 3.17 Official Firaxis Patch.

2.7 is based on the Official 3.19 patch.

JosEPh :)

12. Jakob Safa

Jakob Safa Chieftain

What is then the point of having ports in the game? You get commercial ports one tech later, why even bother building ports, not to mention that it is a bit weird as upgrading a port to commercial port cost you as much as building a whole new commercial port.

13. Retrospect

Retrospect Warlord

I have to agree here, i would like to see the mandatory upgrade path put back in place. I makes sense that the harbour would become a port, the port become a commercial port etc!

14. Thorongil

Thorongil Chieftain

I also do agree. Even if the technical capabilities to build huge (international) ports out of nowhere exist, nobody would build it since ships wouldn´t automatically come. Most ports started out quite small and developed with increasing traffic (not the other way round).

15. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

The bug didn't occur when I tested your save. However because the map is gigantic the turns do take very long time - I check worldbuilder and there must be 30+ civs already and all continents full. Didn't see anything odd in the logs.

I couldn't get your save to crash...

Yup, there was CTD but I don't know what causes it - I'll have to investigate it more thoroughly.

16. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Here's the current progress towards v2.71:

Spoiler :
    Version 2.71
    ------------

Sevopedia
    ---------
    - Changed: unit infos now show if unit Ignores Building Defense when attacking (BtS doesn't show this info)
    - Changed: unit infos now tell how many units collateral or flanking damage will hit (maximum)
    - Changed: unit infos now tell if unit can be drafted
    - Added: Module - Holy Wars pedia to RoM Concepts

Python
    ------
    - changed: Main interface now show if unit Ignores Building Defense when attacking (BtS doesn't show this info)
    - Changed: Main interface now tells how many units collateral or flanking damage will hit (maximum)
    - Changed: Main interface now tells if unit can be drafted
    - Changed: GameUtils.py small tweaks to optimize code
    - Changed: SettlerEventManager.py sends now ModNetMessages when Pioneer or Colonist is used to build city (fixes OOS error for these units?!?)
    - Fixed: CvEventManager registers Pioneer and Colonist ModNetMessages correctly
    - Fixed: RevUtils.py getGameSpeedMod changed the function to use RoM turn amount for Epic speed
    - Fixed: GameUtils.py AI players no longer should be able to build more than 3 Inquisitors
    - Fixed: Revolution.py distance to capital calculation modified to RoM's routes' movement rates (the effect was negative value while it should have been positive modifier)
    - Fixed: RevCivicsUtils.py bug that caused list of civics to be initialized every turn causing overflow eventually

Great Wonders
    -------------
    - Added: National Shield
    - Added: Himeji Samurai castle
    - Changed: Pyramids gives free Irrigation Canals instead of Granary (Egypt had irrigation canals in use at the time when Pyramids were built). Note that this benefits only cities with rivers and that this way you get early access to Irrigation Canals

Modules
    -------
    - Changed: MLF Module Loading Controls modified, by default now loads Modules_RoM defines (in Rise of Mankind.ini file Modular loading must be 0 for WoC module loading system). Modules must be in subfolders defined by MLF Module Loading control file (if subfolder doesn't exist but is defined in MLF, subfolder can be manually created and modules placed inside it)
    - Changed: St John's Chapter House national wonder limit decreased from 3 to 1 (so cities do not get filled with these)
    - Changed: Templar Chapter House national wonder limit decreased from 3 to 1 (so cities do not get filled with these)
    - Changed: Teutonic Major Chapter House is now National Wonder instead of regular building
    - Changed: Krak des Chevaliers no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
    - Changed: Al-Aqsa Mosque no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
    - Changed: Montfort Castle no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
    - Added: Custom Artstyles MLF control files
    - Added: Custom Buildings MLF control files
    - Added: Custom Units MLF control files
    - Added: Holy Wars MLF control files
    - Added: NoBuildingGraphics MLF control files
    - Added: Leaderpack 1 which adds 22 new leaders for various civs
    - Updated: UN APC schema files
    - Updated: UN Diplomat schema files
    - Updated: UN Motorized Infantry schema files
    - Updated: UN Fighting Vehicle schema files
    - Updated: UN Transport Airplane schema files
    - Updated: UN Transport Helicopter schema files
    - Updated: UN Peacekeepr schema files
    - Updated: UN Mission schema files
    - Updated: NoBuildingGraphics module tweaked so that cities should look better (no huge empty areas), included new v2.7 building art defines, schema file updated
    - Updated: Realistic Diplomacy now fully in WoC format, added files for Leaderpack 1 leaders, depencytypes added to those files so that if specific custom leader is removed from mod, the realistic diplomacy isn't loaded for that leader anymore since he doesn't exist. This prevents errors when loading and running the mod
    - Updated: Static leaders schema file
    - Updated: Holy Wars building and unit schema files

Gametext
    --------
    - Fixed: Drain Peat Pog text entry from Canal Systems tech
    - Fixed: xml define UTF-8 changed to ISO-8859-1 in several xml text files
    - Added: Oil Refinery help about River Requirement

Promotions
    ----------
    - Changed: Air Defense promotions give bonuses vs. Helicopter units
    - Fixed: Flower war gives bonus also in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)
    - Fixed: Gentleman -25% bonus also in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)
    - Fixed: Woodsman I-III gain bonuses in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)

Units
    -----
    - Fixed: Light Swordman units require Copper OR Iron
    - Fixed: Swordsman units require only Iron, no longer Copper
    - Changed: Galley can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
    - Changed: War Galley can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
    - Changed: Trireme can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
    - Changed: Siege Quinquereme can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
    - Changed: Arquebusier all extra unitcombat bonuses removed (use promotions instead), bonus production speed with Lead
    - Changed: Pikeman units no longer defend 1st against Mounted
    - Changed: Inquisitor team instance count set to 3 (each player is team), value used in python checks.
    - Changed: Crusader tech req. Fundamentalism (just prevents one exploit ;), str 20->15
    - Changed: Musketman bonus production speed with Lead (bullets)

Unit Artstyles
    --------------
    - Updated: American schema file - removed unnecessary defines from American_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Arabia schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Arabia_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Aztec schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Aztec_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Babylon schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Babylon_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Barbarian schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Barbarian_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Byzantium schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Byzantium_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Carthage schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Carthage_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: China schema file - removed unnecessary defines from China_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Dutch schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Dutch_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Rome schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Rome_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
    - Updated: Viking schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Viking_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format

Routes
    ------
    - Changed: Cart Path button
    - Changed: Road button
    - Changed: Paved Road button, shortcut changed to shift+R
    - Changed: Highway button
    - changed: Electric railroad now gives 12 moves instead of 10 making it slightly better than regular Railroad (because AI builds these anyway, there needs to be some sort of benefit), cost reduced from 20 to 12, shortcut changed to shift+R
    - Changed: Jumplane shortcut changed to shift+R

Terrain
    -------
    - changed: Flood Plains can appear now on Plains next to river (was before only on Desert plots next to rivers)

Events
    ------
    - Changed: Sea Storm event can sink now Galleys, Wargalleys, Triremes, Siege Quinqueremes, places Storm on the plot, has higher chance to occur
    - Added: Sea Storm 2 event makes Storms appear on seas so that maps don't run out of storms
    - Added: Sea Storm 3 event sinkS ancient/classical era ships on ocean plots (getting across ocean should be dangerous as in Civ 3)
    - Added: Sea Storm 4 event bit less dangerous event for ancient/classical era ships on ocean plots but does sink them

Audio
    -----
    - Changed: New religions' audio volume adjusted

Gamedefines
    -----------
    - Changed: Siege Towers have been disabled due to late game eras' unit changes (siege tower was shown with some modern units)

Resources
    ---------
    - Changed: Tea enabled with Calendar

INI Files
    ---------
    - Fixed: DistanceToCapitalModifier typo in Revolution.ini, didn't affect anything since mod used value 1.0 anyway if it didn't locate this modifier

Buildings
    ---------
    - Changed: Cement Mill no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Cement resources, where x depends on different factors
    - Changed: Chemical Plant no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Synthetic Rubber resources, where x depends on different factors
    - Changed: Filling Factory build limit 5->1, provides x Ammo resources, where x depends on different factors
    - Changed: Rubber Factory no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Vulcanized rubber resources, where x depends on different factors
    - Changed: Steel Mill is again regular building (part of Forge upgrade path)
    - Changed: Jewish cathedral +15% production speed with Lead
    - Changed: Christian cathedral +15% production speed with Lead
    - Changed: Hindu Mandir +15% production speed with Ivory
    - Changed: Buddhist Stupa +15% production speed with Gold
    - Changed: Confucian Academy +15% production speed with Stone
    - Changed: Taoist Pagoda +15% production speed with Lead
    - Changed: Hellenic Pantheon +15% production speed with Marble
    - Changed: Zoroastrian Pantheon +15% production speed with Marble
    - Changed: Temple of Mut +15% production speed with Marble
    - Changed: Temple of Tlaloc +15% production speed with Gold

Fonts
    -----
    - Fixed: Gamefont and Gamefont_75.tga should display icons correctly next to city name (thanks Vincentz!)

Improvements
    ------------
    - Added: Modern Mine
    - Changed: Gheotermal factory button
    - Changed: Aquatic Forcefield button
    - Changed: Aquatic Anti-Air Defense button
    - Changed: Mine no longer gain bonuses from Nano Mining, Mag Lev or Jumplane (these bonuses do apply for Modern Mine)
    - Changed: Shaft Mine no longer gain bonuses from Nano Mining, Mag Lev or Jumplane (these bonuses do apply for Modern Mine)

Civics
    ------
    - Changed: civics that give bonuses to Shaft Mine give now same bonuses for Modern Mine
    - Fixed: Democracy no longer say that it is required to build Agora, instead this info is now shown correctly with Republic civic

Maps
    ----
    - Fixed: Colonization scenario map has now new 2.7 resources

I'm currently waiting for RevDCM's next version as the current one has few serious bugs that need to be fixed and I want those fixes in RoM's next version too (see #2 post in this thread about known issues).

I got also couple issues left to track down from RoM itself and I need to fix all the included map files so that they have new resources from v2.7.

I checked and tested the leader music file defines - there was nothing wrong and I couldn't replicate the bug few had mentioned in this thread.

Building upgrade paths have been working too and I haven't been able to build previous building type after the upgrade is in city.

The distance calculation in Revolution component is now fixed, there was "bug" just because RoM uses non-BtS-default flatmovement costs for route types. So I had to modify a bit that formula.

17. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Zappara the music seems messed up for the leaders when I get to the trashuman era.

18. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

This is just a minor point, but it bugs me that the maintenance cost for cities is GREATER for corporate than Socialized. Shouldn't socialized medical care be much more expensive that corporate care? Maybe the values should be swapped.

19. The P

The P Chieftain

I'm having two kind of weird bugs which begun appearing after I had both updated regular RoM and added a bunch of modmods.

1: After some time, Dynamic Civ Names stop updating. For example, there might be a civ with 5 cities and Monarchy-civic, and it will still be called "City State".

2: Only the modular Military civics seem to increase or decrease rebelliousness.

20. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

It's pointless complaining about bugs when you've added other mods to default ROM . Don't stress Zappa out with such nonesense.