Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

I've searched throughout the site for a solution but just cannot find one.

When I load the Rise of Mankind mod, Civ 4 gives me an error: (the one with the send error report, or don't send)

Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Beyond the Sword has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried placing the Mod folder in both the MODS folder of the My Documents area, and the Application Data area. But to no avail. I have no Program files folder because I installed the game via Image mounting. Please help.

Joey DeLeon~

There should be a "Mods" folder right below the Beyond the Sword folder in your installation (though I'm unsure how you installed it!). That is the folder that needs to have a "Rise of Mankind" folder in it with the mod. Anywhere else and either your game won't find it, or you'll have to find someone to help you rewrite something to tell your game where to look. This is the path I have on my computer:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

I assume that where ever Beyond the Sword is, you need to have your mods under it in this configuration. I know Rise of Mankind needs to be in the right place or it won't work. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't have a folder in Program Files sadly. Do you know which file to rewrite in order to direct the mod to look at another folder? Like I said here are the only 2 places I can put the mod in, and I tried both.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I've searched throughout the site for a solution but just cannot find one.

When I load the Rise of Mankind mod, Civ 4 gives me an error: (the one with the send error report, or don't send)

Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Beyond the Sword has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried placing the Mod folder in both the MODS folder of the My Documents area, and the Application Data area. But to no avail. I have no Program files folder because I installed the game via Image mounting. Please help.
Most common cause for this type of error is that the game has not been patched up to the correct version. Make sure your BtS has version 3.19 patch installed.

heres some screen and logs

Logs

BTW already tested on Beyond the Sword and on Complete. System Win xp. Error keeps on nVidia and ATI graphics
Seems there's a python error with one of the BUG mod's python files.

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 992, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3278, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5254, in updateGameDataStrings

File "CvMainInterface", line 5274, in updateGreatPersonBar

File "GPUtil", line 218, in getGreatPeopleText

File "GPUtil", line 76, in getUnitIcon

KeyError: 389
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

I don't know yet what might cause it and I'll have to check if this bug has been already fixed for the next BUG mod's version (upcoming v4.0).

Edit: I've reported this bug for BUG mod team and I'll have to wait for their answer if this is known bug in their mod...

I have the latest version of the game and the mod, and it worked fine until I installed the following modmods: MegaCivPack 1.6, Quibing's Unit Pack 1.0.2, realistic diplomacy and military civics...

Before these I had also vincentz's mods installed with GameFonts patch needed to run them properly. Everything worked back then...

Now, at the startup the cursor starts to flicker when the game is in the "init engine" phase, and then it gives an error message:

"Initialize Renderer - failed

Check DirectX installation, latest Graphics Drivers and Graphic Settings Parameters

width=1024
height=768
flags=0xc
hwnd=0x1b00ce
adaptrid=0
deviceid=1"

... and returns to desktop.

I tried to install latest DirectX drivers and set my PowerStrip program to run default display settings with BtS. Still, the problem persists.

What to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sounds like a problem with xml or with gamefont files. I suspect xml error this time as gamefont problem usually doesn't give any error messages.

Zap,

I posted a few times in the basic ROM forum with no response so I will try here.

After the last DL of ROM 2.7 (not .71) I found that even with Logging in Civilization.ini turned off, and with logging disabled through BUG options screen, that the game was logging MPLog.log and 3 other log files in the normal /My Games/Civ.../log directory.

I didn't really care until I saw that the MPLog.log file was over 2 GIGS, and was logging about 50 megs of text per turn. I had to make the directory read only to stop it.

I still feel however that instead of writing line by line to the file during a turn that some process is holding each line to be written in memory then opening the file (maybe at end of turn) and writing it all out at once.

I think this is causing a real slowdown in the later part of the game. I am playing single player games so no need to even log MPLog.txt.

Could you look into this, and at least let me know if it is being replicated on your end.

Thanks,
CivFanCCS

Was there a site that shows the Wonder Movies for ROM 2.71?

I know it's just eye candy but I'm getting tired of never being able to see them in a game. It doesn't seem to matter what mapscript I use or what settings. For some reason, the only time they consistently appear is on a Standard size map.

I know it's just eye candy but I'm getting tired of never being able to see them in a game. It doesn't seem to matter what mapscript I use or what settings. For some reason, the only time they consistently appear is on a Standard size map.

maybe you should chech the option :
wonder movies ON !:rolleyes:

there is a program/utility which will play .bik files http://www.radgametools.com/ the utility is called BINK.

I have no idea why the playing of movies would depend on the size of the map. I only play huge marathon games and they play fine for me!

there is a program/utility which will play .bik files http://www.radgametools.com/ the utility is called BINK.

I have no idea why the playing of movies would depend on the size of the map. I only play huge marathon games and they play fine for me!

Thanks! :) I downloaded their program and it works fine. I get to hear the accompanying music too. LOL I always have music turned off in my games.

Attached is the save file for a game that is giving me ctd's. When I press the end turn button the AI goes through its turns and then I get a ctd.

It might be the revolution component but I'm not sure. I hear marching (an enemy is in my territory) when I'm at peace with everyone (I tested declaring peace with Shaka and it didn't make a difference, it possible I had an uprising of some sort and that crashed the system). Thank you very much for any help you can offer. :)

View attachment RoM2_7PW-AZT-PRI-STD-TEMP02.CivBeyondSwordSave

Most common cause for this type of error is that the game has not been patched up to the correct version. Make sure your BtS has version 3.19 patch installed.

neither of them. Try searching for the folder of a vanilla BtS mod
Examples are :
Afterworld, Broken Star, Charlemagne.
If you find a folder named Mods, with these modfolders inside, then you got to the right place ;)

I have patch 3.19 and I placed the Rise of Mankind folder in Application Data/Civ 4/BTS/Mods where I found Afterworld, Broken Star, etc.

No go.

Hi, I'm getting a crash so i'm sending my logs

I hope that you can tell me what's wrong or fix the bug.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    844.9 KB · Views: 48
I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, but feedback would be cool either way. I'm bombarding a city with 165% defence with catapults for several turns, however, the defensive bonus stays at 165%. Is this normal?

I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, but feedback would be cool either way. I'm bombarding a city with 165% defence with catapults for several turns, however, the defensive bonus stays at 165%. Is this normal?

There are two kinds of bombard for catapults. One is a "maybe we hit some defence or a unit, but very rarely" and the other is for defence reduction every time (old vanilla style)
If you use the shortcut key B it will be the first bombard type.

I have patch 3.19 and I placed the Rise of Mankind folder in Application Data/Civ 4/BTS/Mods where I found Afterworld, Broken Star, etc.

No go.

I think you have the right install path. to make sure find the Civ4BeyondSword.exe
In same folder is a Mods folder. RoM should be in that Mods folder.

Also make a double check to see if 3.19 installed correctly
(In civ4 main menu click advanced, then about this build. first should be :Civ version : 319)

Also make sure another mod can run. And that your computer specs are sufficient to run RoM (it has a LOT of new stuff making it requirements a bit more than vanilla Civ4)

And make sure you have administrator rights. In my setup (vista 32bit) the application data folder is hidden.

If any of this doesnt work, I recommend deleting the contenst of ...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword so the game will make a new ini file.

Lastly try installing civ in a different place.

Hope any of this can be of help ;)

I'm playing on Emperor, am currently the leading civ by a long margin (nearly double my nearest competitor, Persia), but I've just noticed (thanks to spy advantage) that Persia is researching new techs at the rate of 2 or 3 turns each. It's taking me at least double the time and I've committed two large cities (including my capital) to producing money. I have the research slider up to about 75% (just about negative cashflow).

When I check the world builder, Persia is NOT using production to make money or research. Beats me what's going on! Has anyone else experienced something similar?

This is now the second time I've noticed this discrepancy in research times, when everything else (buildings, wonders etc is more or less equal).

Top Bottom