Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

Still won't work for me.

I have Fall from Heaven II installed btw. Works perfectly. Thought that info might help.

This is a simple problem that maybe you have Joey.

See if Rise of Mankind folder has a 2nd Rise of Mankind folder inside of it. If it does cut paste the contents of the 2nd folder to the 1st and then delete the empty RoM folder. Sometimes winzip or winrar will place the RoM folder inside a 2nd RoM folder. Game doesn't like this and won't load the mod till it's been corrected.

JosEPh

There are two kinds of bombard for catapults. One is a "maybe we hit some defence or a unit, but very rarely" and the other is for defence reduction every time (old vanilla style)
If you use the shortcut key B it will be the first bombard type.

Yeah, I'm using the reduce defence bombard, but nothings happening.

Hi Guys!

I'm about 900 turns into a Huge map on Snail speed playing on Deity difficulty and am enjoying this version(2.7) very much! However, I seem to be having a few problems/questions and was wondering if anyone else has had the same:
I should probably mention that with this game, I created a random Huge map with Smartmap and then opened world builder and "doctored" the map a bit. Since it is my first Deity game and first time playing this version of ROM I felt justified, heh. Anyway, I then saved the map as a World Builder save and then set all the various options from the Custom Scenario screen including all the ROM options (Rev, StartAsMinors,etc...) as well as "Lock Modified Assets". I don't know if any of these things might be contributing to the strangeness I've encountered:

1. My Crossbowmen are unable to Archer Bombard. At first I thought this was just a change in the latest version of ROM, until I started getting pelted by them myself! My Archers and Longbowmen were both able to use Archer bombard but not the Crossbowmen. Has anyone else had this problem?

2.Out of the remaining 16 or so Civs in the game I mentioned above, I keep getting "Past events have drawn our people apart" with no noticeable events taking place. Some are as high as -7, I think. Is this just a side effect of playing on Deity?

3. I can't seem to get the "Choose Religion" option in the BUG Menu (Ctrl-Alt-O) to work under any circumstances. I've tried all kinds of different random games with various settings and I still can't get it to work. It seems I used that setting in previous versions of ROM, but not very often. Is there some kind of combination of settings I need to use in order for it to work? For instance, do I need to have "Choose Religions" in the vanilla Custom Game screen turned on? I have "Limited Religions" and "Holy City Relocation" enabled at present, I believe.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hi,
can anyone tell me which file i have to edit to get rid of the wonder build limitation for both national and great wonders?

In the Rise of Mankind folder open /Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml with a text editor. Search for MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY and change accordingly (-1 for unlimited). The next two variables control Team and National Wonders respectively.

In the Rise of Mankind folder open /Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml with a text editor. Search for MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY and change accordingly (-1 for unlimited). The next two variables control Team and National Wonders respectively.

tyvm!

Getting a bug where part of my GUI disappears.
When one of my cities spawns a great person (Engineer) there are no command buttons units anymore. This makes the game unplayable.

No matter what I do to try to fix it, the same city spawns the same great person and the same thing happens.

This happened once before earlier on in my game and I fixed it somehow, but never figured out what did it.
I'm thinking this has happened to others and am hoping there is a simple solution.

If need be I'll upload my game and a bug log upon request.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Not sure if this is a bug but I noticed that Elephant Rider units can build roads (any type) as well as tile improvements such as Quarries etc. Is this intentional?

In my early game, only chariots had missing UIs. Once I started building musketmen, ALL my units started to have missing or incorrect UIs.

I'm running Windows XP (with latest updates), English version. This bug is in BTS 3.19 RoM 2.7 (not 2.71).

The log files are attached.

Any solution for this or any ETA on getting this fixed??

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 48
It seems the "waiting for other civilizations" bug is back in 2.71

Hope this can be resolved soon as it has plagued all of my games.

In my early game, only chariots had missing UIs. Once I started building musketmen, ALL my units started to have missing or incorrect UIs.

I'm running Windows XP (with latest updates), English version. This bug is in BTS 3.19 RoM 2.7 (not 2.71).

The log files are attached.

Any solution for this or any ETA on getting this fixed??

Its BUGmod error i temporally eliminate this by changing options in BUG (Ctrl+Alt+O) for me it was GP Bar in main gui and in city gui

One of my tiles is under permanent blockade after a ceasefire. Any way to get around this?

can anybody check my logs? its at the beginning of page 24.
I thought I replied to it - answer must have gone into other bug thread... anyway, in your case the zip contained only the link to the logs folder, not the log files at all. See the logs from 'My documents\My games\Beyond the sword\logs' -folder.

Zap,

I posted a few times in the basic ROM forum with no response so I will try here.

After the last DL of ROM 2.7 (not .71) I found that even with Logging in Civilization.ini turned off, and with logging disabled through BUG options screen, that the game was logging MPLog.log and 3 other log files in the normal /My Games/Civ.../log directory.

I didn't really care until I saw that the MPLog.log file was over 2 GIGS, and was logging about 50 megs of text per turn. I had to make the directory read only to stop it.

I still feel however that instead of writing line by line to the file during a turn that some process is holding each line to be written in memory then opening the file (maybe at end of turn) and writing it all out at once.

I think this is causing a real slowdown in the later part of the game. I am playing single player games so no need to even log MPLog.txt.

Could you look into this, and at least let me know if it is being replicated on your end.

Thanks,
CivFanCCS
If message logging option if off in CivilizationIV.ini RoM shouldn't write this log each turn. However if it's still doing it, I'll have to check it - if there's a bug, it must be related to the DLL file.

Hi, I'm getting a crash so i'm sending my logs

I hope that you can tell me what's wrong or fix the bug.

Thanks.
Seems there's some error with the scoreboard:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 992, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3291, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 7216, in updateScoreStrings

File "Scoreboard", line 418, in draw

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
You could try switching Scoreboard options from BUG options pages (ctrl+alt+o). Meanwhile I'll see if I can find out the cause for this python error.

I'm playing on Emperor, am currently the leading civ by a long margin (nearly double my nearest competitor, Persia), but I've just noticed (thanks to spy advantage) that Persia is researching new techs at the rate of 2 or 3 turns each. It's taking me at least double the time and I've committed two large cities (including my capital) to producing money. I have the research slider up to about 75% (just about negative cashflow).

When I check the world builder, Persia is NOT using production to make money or research. Beats me what's going on! Has anyone else experienced something similar?

This is now the second time I've noticed this discrepancy in research times, when everything else (buildings, wonders etc is more or less equal).
I think it might be the case of Scientific trait which is used by Persian leader ;)

It seems the "waiting for other civilizations" bug is back in 2.71

Hope this can be resolved soon as it has plagued all of my games.
Do you have any of the RevDCM options turned on? If you can, post the logs files from your game.

I recently had an unresolved 'waiting for other civilizations' issue in my current game, and I am running without any either Revolutions or BarbCiv enabled. Might have been related to one of the other combat related components, but I'm not sure. I was fortunate enough to step back to a save a few turns previous to the error and try a few things different, including convincing one AI to agree to peace with another AI, and have not encountered the error issue since. I still have some very long turn times, though (approx 90 seconds).

I thought I replied to it - answer must have gone into other bug thread... anyway, in your case the zip contained only the link to the logs folder, not the log files at all. See the logs from 'My documents\My games\Beyond the sword\logs' -folder.

oh sorry. anyway i think i got it right:

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    134.2 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom