1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vice interview

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Bromar1, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

2. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Thanks for the link.

3. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Thanks M. G for having always a nice word for testers.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Funak

Funak Deity

Finally I get recognition for all my hard work! :D

Gazebo likes this.
  5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yeah! Convenient that my last name and my avatar start with the same letter, eh? :)

G

6. Funak

Funak Deity

And for the guys don't understand our inside joke, I'm the guy that never opens github issues, so indirectly he mentioned me with that bolded line :D

By the way, it completely flew over my head, but who is Christoph? I mean there are several guys it could be, I suppose, but I'm not going to insult anyone by guessing. Instead I'm going to insult all of them by not guessing. Maybe I should just have pretended to know and hope someone else asked?

vyyt likes this.
  7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yep, that's what I did :)

8. ashendashin

ashendashin King

He seems more concerned with polishing the AI and bugfixing than civfanatic fame :D
    One thing's for sure, he and G have gone far with the mess Firaxis left behind.

9. Funak

Funak Deity

Again, now you're giving unnecessary fame to one person at the cost of everyone else who worked on this.

I mean from actual work done (and this is probably going to piss people off, but whatever) the list probably goes
    1. WHoward
    2. Gazebo
    3. Ilteroi

But Christoph clearly isn't W Howard, I hope. Is it Ilteroi? Is it someone else? If it is someone else, can you really claim that he did more than Ilteroi?

I mean these are questions, and that list is probably subject for debate. Yeah I don't want to piss old G off, be he probably wouldn't be here without W Howard (as he himself said in that interview), and it's really hard to try to quantify how much impact he has had. Yeah I'm guessing G put more hours into it, and this project wouldn't have been possible without him, but would it have been possible without WHoward?

10. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Many people contributed to the project over time. I haven't been around long enough to know where every bit of well deserved credit is due, but I do know those who are actively going through github and pushing out fixes and improvements. I suppose there could be a hell of a lot more work in the background I'm not aware of, but this being an interview, there's only so many who are vocal about their part of the project. Last I heard of iamblichos, he was helping with multiplayer, miscellaneous fixing, and an alternative to EUI that everyone at github seems to want. Massive AI improvements? Recently that's been G and ilteroi as far as I'm aware. I'm sure many contributions led to that, but again, there's only so many who are vocal in this project.

vyyt likes this.
  11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Don't forget content creators... That's us, to some extent. The annoying always demanding impossible and stupid things staff.

ashendashin likes this.
  12. Wodhann

Wodhann South American Norse God

Since howard is mentioned by name in the interview, he's obviously not christoph. I'm also really curious now to know who he is.

13. pandasnail

pandasnail Prince

Pretty sure y'all are overthinking this. Of course Christoph is Ilteroi.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  14. ashendashin

ashendashin King

But dear Funak wants to consider all contributions! Anyone from our busy Enginseer to JFD could well have been interviewed! We must be totally fair and consider that the scope of CPP can include anyone and everyone in the interview.

I was trying to be nice to ilteroi since he doesn't seem to get all that involved here. I thought it was obvious since the AI was a major focus in his answers.

15. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I'm honored that my name gets a mention, but I have no clue in AI programming except knowing what the AI does and make my mod based around their logic.

Bromar1 likes this.
  16. Funak

Funak Deity

Yeah exactly.

17. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Isn't Vice a jewish publication? Hope you didn't post anything remotely racist/sexist/ableist/misogynist/homophobic/islamophobic on any part of the internet, otherwise Firaxis will use it as a marketing campaign against mods at some point.

Enrico Swagolo likes this.
  18. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Isn't the order I'd use in terms of 'amount of work done,' but it is the order I'd use for 'hierarchy of people that made this project possible. :)

19. Funak

Funak Deity

Yeah, I was going to do 'work done' first. but changed it to 'contribution' or 'importance' but kinda forgot to change the name of the list. My bad.

By the way, tell us who Christoph is, we're dying here.

20. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

Nice interview.

The main guys seem very modest, humble and clearly have a passion for what they are doing.

Top respect. Also, glad to see there are other oldies around. I was playing Amiga on a500 too