Victory Balancing

SpartanU

Chieftain
Almost every game I've played has been a cultural victory (with the exception of one UN victory). I think this is because HR makes the science and military victories more difficult (more tech needed, dissent makes military difficult), whereas cultural victories are made easier in HR (more buildings to boost culture, more flexibility with religions). A civ that is going for a cultural victory usually has the top 3 cities running 400-700 culture/turn, so if the legendary culture limit was boosted form 50000 to 65000, this would increase the amount of turns needed for a cultural victory by 20-40 turns. The actual legendary culture level needed to balance the victories probably need a lot of trial and error.

I tired to use jdog5000's AIAutoPlay with HR using these steps by Dresden so I could get some runs to get see if the victories were unbalanced, but I ran into a problem where the keys bound to activating AIAutoPlay are already being used in HR. In AIAutoPlay, Ctrl-Shift-X is supposed to bring up a window to select the number of turns to autoplay, but Ctrl-Shift-X already does some kind of highlighting in HR. Does anyone know what is the purpose of Ctrl-Shift-X is in HR, and is there any way to bind it to another key?

I would agree on that. Most of the victories I've got are cultural victories. Very few religious or science victories. Never had a domination victory.

I'll look into rebalancing cultural victories.

I tired to use jdog5000's AIAutoPlay with HR using these steps by Dresden so I could get some runs to get see if the victories were unbalanced, but I ran into a problem where the keys bound to activating AIAutoPlay are already being used in HR. In AIAutoPlay, Ctrl-Shift-X is supposed to bring up a window to select the number of turns to autoplay, but Ctrl-Shift-X already does some kind of highlighting in HR. Does anyone know what is the purpose of Ctrl-Shift-X is in HR, and is there any way to bind it to another key?

There is autoplay functionality built into HR's worldbuilder, best to use that instead.

I'll look into rebalancing cultural victories.

There is autoplay functionality built into HR's worldbuilder, best to use that instead.
Thanks, I've ran 3 games so far on a large world map, standard time. All of them cultural victories so far. The cultural victories all seem to happen around year 2000 so maybe the culture limit doesn't need adjusting; it might be a problem with taking too long to research the tech in order to launch a rocket. So maybe a reduction of 5-10% for tech research time might make the victories more equal, but making tech easier also unlocks wonders/buildings faster so its hard to say if that alone would work. A small tech research time reduction in conjunction with a small culture limit increase could work.

Top Bottom