1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vincentz Infinite Projects (VIP) [Modpack]

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by vincentz, Mar 28, 2010.

1. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

(1) I'm also having that problem, and I don't recall why I made it that way, but I'm sure I had a reason. I'll try setting the Great C's to not be hidden nationality and see how it works.
    (2) common strategy among warlords is to hide in populated areas where they can sit and recuperate, planning their next raid. Only step to take against it is declaring full scale war against the warlords nation. (If you have trouble determining the warlords nationality just declare war against Afghanistan. They're use to it.)

Trust me, I don't like the way the guilds have had to have a lot of surgery to fit into RoM. Cut a heel and clip a toe. Then the shoe fits.
    There are three (and a half) solutions :

1) I never use automated, so it kind of works fine for me the way they are.

2) Make each civ only be able to found 1 Guild.

3) Return it to 3 Guilds/City, but have to delete two RoM resources.

4.5) Someone repair the faulty Autospread system. It seems bugged that the A(not so)I would rather throw a lot of money out on replacing a guild/corporation when there is plenty of "empty" cities. Propably requires dll changes, which then should be reported in another forum (BetterAI perhaps)

Edit : Just thought about it. The AI seems to spread the Guilds quite well. Its strange that the Autospread only is bugged for human players ???

2. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Fixed city screen/revolution screen bug with a text fix in Guild Mod.
    Hotfix added in first post.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Vincentz,

Are you working on a version for RoM2.92?

Or are you waiting for RoM 3.0?

JosEPh

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Im not really modding/playing at the moment, but maybe I get bored 1 day and dl 2.92

Is my lastest version not working with 2.92?

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I hadn't tried to use it with 2.92 yet.

I've been trying to get Jungle Camp to work with RoM1.03. I can get the camp to show up in the game and use it. The Camp shows on the main screen, but IN reasearch tree, city building row, and in Build drop down menu it's a Pink button.

Dancing Huskold is looking at it but I have ot had a reply back for several days now.

I wanted to add JC and Tannery to RoM1.03 for a True RoM "Lite" version using 1.03 as a base. Especially for those who wanted a version of RoM for lower end computers or a faster game with the core flavor of RoM. 1.03 works as a stand alone even with the 3.19 official patch and with x64 OSs.

Afforess gave me a Module folder with your JC , Butchery and Tannery, as Modules, but it was pulled from the 2.7 or 2.8 versions of RoM which use the WoC system. 1.03 is Pre-WoC. So things don't match up just right.

It's my 1st bumbling attempt at Modding CIV. XML is a foriegn language to me.

Hope your Bar and Diving are treating you well.

JosEPh :)

6. garrent

garrent Chieftain

Hi,

Is there anyway to increase in Vincentz Guild number of guild per civ from 3 to more?

Thank You very much,
    Garrent

7. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Uploaded Hidden Nationality fix for single warlords in first post.

its an artdefine issue. make sure the path is correct for the .dds.

and the bar and diving is almost history. With the yellow/redshirts, bad worldwide economy and uncertain political future for thailand, we decided to root up and move to Denmark.

I wrote a brief description in the other place you posted

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Fixed in update.

9. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

In RoM or your mod?

I added the ability for my warlords to be able to join cities as military instructors but with +1 xp instead of +2.

I better upload the whole warlords mod then. Thanks for the heads up :)

EDIT

Uploaded a new warlords in 1st post. Fixes the single warlords plus adding the ability for some of my warlords to join city as a Minor Military Instructor (+1xp instead of +2) plus civic dependency.

The following civics allows the building of Warlords :

Despotism, Fascism, Junta, Vassalage and Nationalism.

The last will be an optional DL as I havent playtested it yet (But seems to work fine in civilopedia)

10. strategyonly

OK now i get Pink icon's for the General Instructors

11. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

mmm :mischief:

gotta look into that.

ROM ?
    High or low graphic settings?

12. strategyonly

When i write here, its always RoM and on High, I believe its the BULL hover thing again, it does not like spaces inbetween words/files/folder names, like Custom Units, but better at Custom_Units.

Infact even though your stuff doesnt have much problems now, but maybe later, it would be better to put ALL your stuff with a _ , rather than just a (space).

13. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

OMG You were absolutely right. THANKS! It would have taken me hours to it track down, since there are nothing "wrong" with the code. Why would the BULL team do something stupid like that???

The problem is that the warlords is part of RoM and positioned in Custom Units folder, so if I changed it to Custom_Units it would make a duplex warlord.
    For now I'll place the .dds in Projects/Vincentz, and write a text to Zappara.

14. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

It's actually not BULL's fault. It's the way the EXE was coded.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Vincentz,

Maybe when you get resettled I could ask you for some advice on Pre WoC XML Modules for RoM1.03.

You said the problem with pink icons is in the art defines. Would that be something in this path: (...)\Rise of Mankind1.03\Assets\Art\structures\buildings ? Would I need to create a Jungle Camp folder and put the lone jungle camp dds file in it? And if I did how would the game recognize it? Is there another file/ line of XML text that would need to be "pointer" to it, the JC folder?

I really like the JC as it fills in a big void for jungle tiles. Someday I hope to add some of your industry to 1.03.

Thanks

JosEPh :)

16. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

the thing, if I recall correctly, there are two artdefines for the junglecamp. 1 for building and one for improvement.
    One is quite obvious > CIV4ArtDefines_Improvement.xml
    <Button>Modules/Builds/JungleCamp/junglecamp.dds</Button>
    while the other is in > CIV4BuildInfos.xml
    <Button>modules/builds/junglecamp/junglecamp.dds</Button>

If one of them is wrong the JC will still work but show pink om some places.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@Vintcentz, your Guild pack is just an XML mod isn't it?

There is a problem with the Equestrian Guild (only this one) not working with my SubdueAnimals mod. I can't see any names/codes of units or buildings that are the same in both mods. I wonder if it has something to do with giving free resources? I am at a loss for ideas atm. :(

18. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Yep, xml only. I did have a problem when I made the masons guild, could be somehow the same issue dont know. If the masons corporation gave stone as well as consume it, it gave a loop, supplying with 100000 stones. Same problem?

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Might be, one of my buildings gives horses.

20. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Think I'm gonna stick a bit with CivIV. Just bought a used HP computer for 100$ (incl 17 inch flatscreen and wireless keyboard and mouse) for internet and TV use, but it turns out its a pretty fast singlecore 3.2 GHz P4. :) :) :)