ViSa Suggestions/Requests

A popup window that informs you when the conquered city has a wonder/shrine would be awesome.
I am missing this since civ 4 came out.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the obsoletions in the civopedia? like when you look up a tech you see what wonders ect. are made obsolete by it.

Just a small request...Walls get obsoleted with Rifling, thus making it impossible to build any new City Guard facilities as Walls are prerequisites...is it possible to make City Guards obsolete with Rifling so they don't appear in the build menu once they can no longer be built?

Just a small request...Walls get obsoleted with Rifling, thus making it impossible to build any new City Guard facilities as Walls are prerequisites...is it possible to make City Guards obsolete with Rifling so they don't appear in the build menu once they can no longer be built?

That could be done, but then cities that have walls built but no city guard can't build them.

That could be done, but then cities that have walls built but no city guard can't build them.

That would be a problem...what about making it obsolete with a later technology like artillery or something of the sort? Nah...on second thought nevermind. It doesn't hamper gameplay in any way, it's just a convenience thing.

That would be a problem...what about making it obsolete with a later technology like artillery or something of the sort? Nah...on second thought nevermind. It doesn't hamper gameplay in any way, it's just a convenience thing.

In the ini you can turn off the city guard mod component whenever you like.

Personally, I'd prefer to see it altered so that walls could still be built - they'd just have no effect except to allow subsidiary buildings such as the city guard or castle. That would allow later-established cities the option of setting up a national-guard base, even though they wouldn't get the other benefits of walls. After all, most U.S. cities were founded after rifles came along, but how many of those cities have a National Guard armory or the equivalent? Perhaps the expense of the walls could be attributed to the acquisition and preparation of a military park/ground.

Personally, I'd prefer to see it altered so that walls could still be built - they'd just have no effect except to allow subsidiary buildings such as the city guard or castle. That would allow later-established cities the option of setting up a national-guard base, even though they wouldn't get the other benefits of walls. After all, most U.S. cities were founded after rifles came along, but how many of those cities have a National Guard armory or the equivalent? Perhaps the expense of the walls could be attributed to the acquisition and preparation of a military park/ground.

I like it...what do you think rog?

My vote....walls won't be changing....even if Firaxis changes something in BTS.

In fact I like the idea so much about having buildings go obsolete that it needs done more.....you snooze you lose type of thing. It is a dynamic in game play and style that I surely don't want to lose and probably will enhance.

I am not the last word here and the Team likes to hear everybody's input....but I can be quite persuasive ;)

My vote....walls won't be changing....even if Firaxis changes something in BTS.

In fact I like the idea so much about having buildings go obsolete that it needs done more.....you snooze you lose type of thing. It is a dynamic in game play and style that I surely don't want to lose and probably will enhance.

I am not the last word here and the Team likes to hear everybody's input....but I can be quite persuasive ;)

I agree, more buildings should go obsolete, but have a replacement/upgrade option. In this way, your city is building upon what it already has, instead of basically losing buildings with no benefit. For example, I believe the real reason monasteries go obsolete with scientific method is to take away their +10% research, as science moved into non-religious hands. This has nothing to do with the ability to build missionaries, in fact even in our modern times there are still plenty of missionaries out and about.

I think it would be great to have more buildings "upgrade" to replace themselves when they go obsolete. For example, monasteries go obsolete, removing all benefits, but then you can build an upgraded monastery aka 'Seminary' for a small amount of hammers (or gold?). A seminary, for instance, would train missionaries but have no bonus to anything else (maybe culture?). If you didn't have a monastery in the city and you are past Scientific Method, you can still build a seminary, but for a much greater amount of hammers.

Other ideas:
Walls obsolete City Guard obsoletes, upgrade to National Guard Base.
Monument obsoletes, upgrade to Statue Garden or Art Relic
Musket Manufacture obsoletes, upgrade to Rifle factory (maybe go backwards and have a building 'Fletcher' (for archers) obsoletes, upgrade to Musket Manufacture)
TNT Factory obsoletes, upgrade to Explosives Factory or Missile Factory
Stable obsoletes, upgrade to Tank Factory

Yeah we have added the Upgradeable Buildings Mod from TheLopez....but we haven't even scratched the surface of pushing it into ViSa. Barracks was the example and then we added Stables to go with it....

I really want to see buildings from each line (library, market, etc) upgrade instead of add to a city....and that would make balance so much easier.

It's not that hard to find (using an online thesaurus)...here are some for barracks...dormitory, encampment, garrison, quarters.

And some for stables...barn, mews.

Top Bottom