ViSa Suggestions/Requests

AI has a lack of diplomacy. Only "declare war" demands and tech/map trading. Think it is needed to give AI several new options. "Send gift" to increase reputation and "money/tech for war declaration". Maybe "make peace with..." option too.

By the way. What's about military coalitions? Like in Europa Universalis. In Civ there is permanent alliance, but it works with two counties only and there is no way to be banned from.

And the other suggestion. UN voting for declare war against agrgessor.

AI has a lack of diplomacy. Only "declare war" demands and tech/map trading. Think it is needed to give AI several new options. "Send gift" to increase reputation and "money/tech for war declaration". Maybe "make peace with..." option too.

Is it CivIV you talking about? All this options are available.

One thing that I really want to be in future versions of ViSa is strict method of calculating of distance between cities.

Current formula is
L = dx + dy

Strict formula is
L = SQRT(dx*dx + dy*dy)

What it gives:
More rational way of cities placement. For example, even if you set the minimal distance between cities equals 3 tiles, you can place the next city in only 2 tiles away in a diagonal direction.

The reason:
Usually I play with extended city radius. I really want to increase the minimal distance between cities up to 4, but it causes too much unpopulated space in the map. A possible solution could be the using of the strict formula that allows to build cities closer to each other in diagonal directions.

Is it clear?

I don't think it is difficult to implement, isn't it?

Another trade route idea. How about a "Limited Trade" option that has reduced trade rates with other civ's cities, without open borders? Something that lets you have a little bit of foreign trade commerce points, but maybe 1/2 or 1/4th the amount you get from Open Borders?

One thing that I really want to be in future versions of ViSa is strict method of calculating of distance between cities.

Current formula is
L = dx + dy

Strict formula is
L = SQRT(dx*dx + dy*dy)

What it gives:
More rational way of cities placement. For example, even if you set the minimal distance between cities equals 3 tiles, you can place the next city in only 2 tiles away in a diagonal direction.

The reason:
Usually I play with extended city radius. I really want to increase the minimal distance between cities up to 4, but it causes too much unpopulated space in the map. A possible solution could be the using of the strict formula that allows to build cities closer to each other in diagonal directions.

Is it clear?

I don't think it is difficult to implement, isn't it?

Actually the current Formula is max(dx,dy).
Although I do agree that it isn't very realisctic that a diagonal is the same distance as a straight line, having square roots is more than likely pretty complicated, even if you round to the closest integer.
For exemple the move cost for a unit is also 1 in diagonal and not sqrt(2), so one needs to be cautious to not unbalance the relationship unit distance/city distance...

I'm sure it's a question that must have come often in the developpement of civ 1,2,3,4, and they probably opted for this formula for simplicity sake.

If it's for your own personnal gameplay however, you can reduce the city distance cap in the ini file.

Actually the current Formula is max(dx,dy).

Of course max(dx,dy). I was wrong.

All that I want is that the minimal possible distance between cities would be 4 in x and y directions, and 3 in diagonal directions, without any changes of other aspects of the game.

Is it just me or does the Tools tech seem, well, just useless. The only thing it adds is the spearman, which for all but the Sumarians, you can't build until you get copper or iron. So for most civs it doesn't do anything for you except take time to research so you can get to something else.

Suggestion:

let's give Tools a little more to do. Such as you need it to build roads through woods/jungles. Or create a weaker spearman you can build without copper/iron.

I'm a fan of the earliest part of the game and would like to see more attention put there. If there is any interest in an expanded early game or even a stone age era, I have some ideas. But I'm not a programmer and I realize you guys already have a lot on your plate. But there it is.

My absolute top request would have to be the ability to raze your own cities if you need to without entering worldbuilder.

A close second would be plagues like in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization. Not the ones like in total realism. Rhye's version of plague is there to do a very important thing, thin out the huge number of units that appear as the game drags one. It's supposed to kill off those old stacks of units that bog down the late game.

It would go a long way toward making larger maps faster.

Hi, Team!

I would write here an idea of my friend Söör:

What if units had a maintenance cost depending on where they are in a turn of the game?

There would be 3 categories, more and more cost

unit is in own/friendly city/fort

Unit is in own/friendly area

Unit is in enemy land

This could be a kind of way to simulate supply

Maybe this system could be more elaborated as of ground/naval/air units,
but now I just post here the basic idea...

There is something similar to your suggestion allready implemented in civ4. You pay extra maintainance if more than 4 units are outside your cultural borders.
I wouldn`t make things more complicated here.

Btw, I would like to see TheLopez pillage route mod implemented, please.

I don't remember if it was from Civ II or III, but I really miss having Caravans...you know, those units that allowed you to transport production hammers to other cities to help with the production of a wonder or something.

I don't remember if it was from Civ II or III, but I really miss having Caravans...you know, those units that allowed you to transport production hammers to other cities to help with the production of a wonder or something.

The Great Engineer and special 'religion unit' give you something similar to this already.

...and I'm not sure what religion unit you mean.

Hindu Guru is buildable and can hurry production.

I have an idea :old: !!!

It would be good to add two new items in the dyplomatic relations. If you declare war on pleased or friendly civilization, some negative points add in the dyplomatic relations with all known civilizations.
  1. You betray your friends! (-1 point)
  2. You betray your close friends! (-2 point)

Is it difficult to implement?

By the time I've gotten around to betraying my "friends" by attacking them, I'm driving for that domination victory and really don't care what the surviving civs think about it. :lol:
However I do like the -1, -2 to diplomatic relations for attacks friends, it makes sense.

Top Bottom