ViSa v3.10 Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the BetterAI mod is "complete" :rolleyes: - in other words dead. I think its sad for this, otherwise, great mod :(

Or they are just working with Firaxis on BTS.... :eek:

The documentation for the 'Tallest Building' national wonder specifies that only two are allowed. But after building two of those tallest buildings, you still get the option to build more.

Also, the 'DCM Ranged Bombardment' should really be checked by default in the custom screen. Otherwise, bombardment units cannot bombard anything at all!

And what happens when 'DCM Missiles' in not checked? You cannot build missiles? Just curious.

Oh, by the way, this is a truly outstanding mod. :)

Mamamia.

The documentation for the 'Tallest Building' national wonder specifies that only two are allowed. But after building two of those tallest buildings, you still get the option to build more.

Also, the 'DCM Ranged Bombardment' should really be checked by default in the custom screen. Otherwise, bombardment units cannot bombard anything at all!

And what happens when 'DCM Missiles' in not checked? You cannot build missiles? Just curious.

Oh, by the way, this is a truly outstanding mod. :)

Mamamia.

Dont quote me on this but i believe that the worlds tallest building can only be built 2 times in a particular city. I think that Mr. Genie then limited it to a certain amount per civ. I do not know the amount of times a civ can build it though.

Hi

I'm having a problem building ICBMs. When I play ViSa v3.10, my cities can not produce ICBMs. I have all of the prerequisites (Fission, Nuclear Power, and Uranium). The ICBM tile is greyed out, where as Tactical Warheads are buildable.

If anyone can shed some light on this problem, I would be very grateful!

Hi

I'm having a problem building ICBMs. When I play ViSa v3.10, my cities can not produce ICBMs. I have all of the prerequisites (Fission, Nuclear Power, and Uranium). The ICBM tile is greyed out, where as Tactical Warheads are buildable.

Manhattan Project built? Non-Nuclear Pact passed by UN?

Would someone confirm the following bugs? May be just something wrong with my installation.

1) Combat log (Ctrl+TAB, third tab) is always empty.

2) No "a religion found" movies. Wonder movies etc. are ok.

I checked all ini setting. Everything should be ok...

Hi

As chipper_30 said, make sure you built the Manhattan Project somewhere. Otherwise, you can use a spy to start a secret ICBM project.

Would someone confirm the following bugs? May be just something wrong with my installation.

1) Combat log (Ctrl+TAB, third tab) is always empty.

2) No "a religion found" movies. Wonder movies etc. are ok.

I checked all ini setting. Everything should be ok...

Well before we released the v3.10 patch both of those worked.....but now they don't :confused:

I will have to wait until mrgenie gets done with school stuff and we will see what we can do....along with the other items on the Bug Report site.

this is probably not new in 3.1 and might in fact not be just a visa bug, but an issue of warlords itself: UUs and the standard units they replace don't cost the same amount to upgrade:
eg: upgrade from knight to cavalry: 256 gold.

same (256) for these UUs
paladin, conquisidator, sipahi, companion cavalry, royal scyth

however: 337 gold for:
deer rider, tagmata, winged husar

and: 172 gold for:
speer horsemen, winged lancer, mali cavalry

all these UUs replace the same unit - so I guess they should cost the same amount to update? guess the same would be true for lots of other UUs

MAF UPDATE!!!

To help reduce the MAF in WinXP, change the priority from Programs to System Cache in the Advanced settings.

I am not 100% on this, but at least my last two test games only had 1 MAF and after reload they finished....whereas before I got tons of MAF's and couldn't finish games. My tests were on Huge maps, 1250 turns, 24 civs.

And if you don't know where/what that setting is, then you probably shouldn't be trying to change it!!!!

this is probably not new in 3.1 and might in fact not be just a visa bug, but an issue of warlords itself: UUs and the standard units they replace don't cost the same amount to upgrade:
eg: upgrade from knight to cavalry: 256 gold.

same (256) for these UUs
paladin, conquisidator, sipahi, companion cavalry, royal scyth

however: 337 gold for:
deer rider, tagmata, winged husar

and: 172 gold for:
speer horsemen, winged lancer, mali cavalry

all these UUs replace the same unit - so I guess they should cost the same amount to update? guess the same would be true for lots of other UUs

The costs (in hammers) of all these units are different. Naturally, the upgrade cost is different too. Because calculation formula looks like this:
upgr_cost = (unit2_cost - unit1_cost) * base_cost + min_cost

Holy City dissappeared!

:cry: :confused: :crazyeye:

At some moment I noticed that in my Confucian Holy City the "Holly City mark" dissappeared (and Mastery Victory score dropped significantly). The religion, the Temple, and money from the Temple seem to be ok. It seems that the same thing happened with the Taosian Holy city out of my borders.

Can somebody explain how this possible? I supposed that this was the result of somebody's inquisition, but I tested this - even 20 my Inquisitors could not remove religion from the Holy City. There should be something else.

I'm hitting the MAF wall again. Here is a copy of my latest game.

Attachments

• LesQuin AD-0595.CivWarlordsSave
    7.9 KB · Views: 110
Holy City dissappeared!

At some moment I noticed that in my Confucian Holy City the "Holly City mark" dissappeared (and Mastery Victory score dropped significantly). The religion, the Temple, and money from the Temple seem to be ok. It seems that the same thing happened with the Taosian Holy city out of my borders.

Can somebody explain how this possible? I supposed that this was the result of somebody's inquisition, but I tested this - even 20 my Inquisitors could not remove religion from the Holy City. There should be something else.
I noticed that too. In my current game the holy citys of judaism, islam and buddhism dissapeared.

The costs (in hammers) of all these units are different. Naturally, the upgrade cost is different too. Because calculation formula looks like this:
upgr_cost = (unit2_cost - unit1_cost) * base_cost + min_cost
aah - now, why didn't I think of that?! thanks, you are right of course :)

@Holy City: I can confirm this. for me it's definitely not an inquisitor-issue & seems to happen at random (me & AI lost 5 HCs in my 1st game, in my 2nd only 1 HC so far. as I mentioned already, this also means loss of line of sight of "infected" cities)

Holy City dissappeared!

@Fujisan, am I correct in assuming that this is ViSa3.1 where this is happening? I havent not seen this, yet. Have you posted this to the bug tracker, also the corresponding save, and NCsaver. Id like to see whats up with this. It would be great if you had both a save b4 the Holy city disappears and also right after.

I'm hitting the MAF wall again. Here is a copy of my latest game.

@Mooseman, TAfirehawk has something in the works on the MAF that seems to be helping. Also when posting a save game we need both saves. The regular civ4 save and the Nev NCsave. Look at post 30 for TaA's suggestion on the MAF. Im testing this right now. Playing a huge map all morning since 6 am and just got my first MAF. Im about to reload and see if it gets through.

MAF UPDATE!!!

To help reduce the MAF in WinXP, change the priority from Programs to System Cache in the Advanced settings.

I am not 100% on this, but at least my last two test games only had 1 MAF and after reload they finished....whereas before I got tons of MAF's and couldn't finish games. My tests were on Huge maps, 1250 turns, 24 civs.

And if you don't know where/what that setting is, then you probably shouldn't be trying to change it!!!!

System Properties

I found the KB Article on MS's site that gives the details on this setting....YMMV :D

@Fujisan, am I correct in assuming that this is ViSa3.1 where this is happening? I havent not seen this, yet. Have you posted this to the bug tracker, also the corresponding save, and NCsaver. Id like to see whats up with this. It would be great if you had both a save b4 the Holy city disappears and also right after.
I saw this bug was already reported to the bug tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom