ViSa v3.10 Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son, roomate and I have installed the Visa 3.10 mod into our civ game. After playing it for a while we decided to make a hot seat game.

This is the process we have undertaken and it is repeatable.

I make a map in a single player game, using Fractal, Rocky, and Huge. I then use the world editor to make the map a little more interesting, adding in some island chains and other terrain to make the game more fun.

After we do this, I save the map, and start it in hotseat.

Once the new game begins, all newly created cities are instantly given the jewish religion, and it continues to instantly spread to all cities.

We are playing a game now to see what happens when someone researches Monotheism.

System Properties

I found the KB Article on MS's site that gives the details on this setting....YMMV :D

I would just like to report a whole hell of a lot more crashes of Civ when I made this change. No MAF errors (which I haven't run into, yet my curret game hasn't progressed long enough to reach that point I believe) but just your standard "Civ 4 has encountered an error and must close" windows-style crash box. It seems to happen when loading games. Going to mess around some more to see if it seems the switching to system cache caused these problems.

UU issue: Hwatcha (Korean UU) replaces catapult, but should replace cannon (requires steel - like cannon, strength of 13 similar to 12 of cannon)

Anyone reported the explorer fort building bug? Has ability to build forts now (only scouts could do in 3.0) but takes insanely long (12000+ turns?). Error is easy fix in units XML file with <ibuild> not 0 but change to 100. Fix works on game exit then reload game after fix in file. Let me know if you need more specifics.

Howdy Visa guys, firstly congrats on the mods...they have given me months of entertainment. Secondly, my bug report is concerning multiplayer, my friend and I have been playing civ for years in all its forms, when we started to try and play Visa 3.1, we keep running into "out of sync" messages. This seems to happen, only after we load the second save or third save, and only after a certain point in the game. We play huge maps, grand time, our games take several weeks at least so they consist of many saves. Funny thing is...we get the "out of sync" message flashing in red across the screen, but the game is still playable. We are able to end turns, pass data easily. We both have good PC's so the game runs easily. Is this problem related to the double save work around indicated earlier in the thread. FWIW I dont think ive ever had Visa crash to desktop on me...so not sure what the problem there is. Any help would appreciated, if theres a known work around or whatever....Cheers.

Howdy Visa guys, firstly congrats on the mods...they have given me months of entertainment. Secondly, my bug report is concerning multiplayer, my friend and I have been playing civ for years in all its forms, when we started to try and play Visa 3.1, we keep running into "out of sync" messages. This seems to happen, only after we load the second save or third save, and only after a certain point in the game. We play huge maps, grand time, our games take several weeks at least so they consist of many saves. Funny thing is...we get the "out of sync" message flashing in red across the screen, but the game is still playable. We are able to end turns, pass data easily. We both have good PC's so the game runs easily. Is this problem related to the double save work around indicated earlier in the thread. FWIW I dont think ive ever had Visa crash to desktop on me...so not sure what the problem there is. Any help would appreciated, if theres a known work around or whatever....Cheers.

don't waste yr time playing games that are oos, i tried that a while ago, then i turned out that the game is messed up big time, i saw only half of my friends cities, and the game was different on both machines..

After we do this, I save the map, and start it in hotseat.

Once the new game begins, all newly created cities are instantly given the jewish religion, and it continues to instantly spread to all cities.

We are playing a game now to see what happens when someone researches Monotheism.

I had a similar issue. I checked my custom map's WBS file and the Settler units all had some "ScriptData" entries with a lot of information. I deleted the scriptdata info, started a new game with that WBS file and it stopped happening.

Hi! Thanks again for a great mod. NP with running it except the MAF's, and this one; Although i have a camp and route from it, i get no access to my ivory resources. Kind of bothersome after starting in the midle of elephant land 2 times in a row.

Keep up the good work!

Hi! Thanks again for a great mod. NP with running it except the MAF's, and this one; Although i have a camp and route from it, i get no access to my ivory resources. Kind of bothersome after starting in the midle of elephant land 2 times in a row.

Keep up the good work!

You get the Ellies once you have researched animal husbandry as well it seems

Keep up the good work!

You see resources before you can use them for units in some cases or even see them before building an improvement to gain benefit of the resource.

Elephants need Mathematics to build, its all in the Tech Tree and ViSapedia.....and mouse-over text.

You get the Ellies once you have researched animal husbandry as well it seems

No, please see my post above....you get some at Animal Husbandry.

All anybody has to do is look ingame, all the info is there and 99% of it is correct (only late game stuff is still off a bit yet).

No, please see my post above....you get some at Animal Husbandry.

All anybody has to do is look ingame, all the info is there and 99&#37; of it is correct (only late game stuff is still off a bit yet).

Nm I thought he was talking about the happiness for Ivory. You can build a camp on it, but not get the happiness bonus til animal husbandry

Nm I thought he was talking about the happiness for Ivory. You can build a camp on it, but not get the happiness bonus til animal husbandry

Ah yes....that part is tricky too. We should really make it so the camp can't be built until the bonus or elephant can be taken advantage of....but that is quite low on the priority list :D

Ah yes....that part is tricky too. We should really make it so the camp can't be built until the bonus or elephant can be taken advantage of....but that is quite low on the priority list :D

I dunno, it kinda makes sense. Primitives can make a camp there, harvest the ellies for food and maybe their hides. A little bit later when they learn how to breed em, they try to find uses for the excess ivory. I love the fact in the visa mod that you have to research techs to unlock nearly all the resources and their benefits. I think thats a strong point, instead of doing some sort of oracle rush.

As I understand the German Empire has a special own building instead of the Factory - the Manufacturing Plant.
As I have seen the Manufacturing Plant is more expensive and makes two people unhealthy instead of one.
But what are the advantages against the normal Factory?
As I have seen both have the same productivity specs (I think, the 5&#37;+ for power described in the Visapedia for the Manufacturing Plant should be 50%+ instead like the specs for the Factory)
But if the Manufacturing Plant is more expensive it would be fair for gameplay that the production should be increased a bit more - maybe 30% base production increase instead of 25% for the Factory.
Also I have noticed that I'm not able to build some units with the Manufacturing Plant, which might possibly be a fault.
I'm not able to build a battleship for sure (what makes no sense because the German Empire was known of its large battleship fleets), and as I think to remember (but I'm not sure for 100%) I'm also not able to built a Jaggernaut.
That should be changed with the next patch, please.

By the way - GREAT job you're doing there! I'm really enjoying your mod pack.

Manufacturing Plant is a normal building.....unless you are talking about something else because that is buildable by everybody and increased production on top of a Factory's output.

Sorry I don't test UU or UB stuff because I play the same leader in all my own games.....AutoAI testing is random but I don't watch those in great detail :)

Sorry, that was a fault of mine. It is the Assembly Plant not the Manufacturing Plant which replaces the standard Factory for the German Empire. It was a bit late as I placed my post there.
The costs for both are equal, but the Assembly Plant allows 4 engineers.

Anyway, the missed units are still a problem for me. because that issue persists. As I mentionend before I can't build a battleship and a Jaggernaut either. Might be possible that they are not linked to the Assembly Plant of the German Empire.

I have also a question about how to use a Migrant. I moved the Migrant to another city of my Empire but I was not able to use something like "Join the city"

About that testing: And this is why I'm helping you testing by placing my post there. ;-)

1. Have definately got the "no bombard" bug, though air units are able to do so, which makes for different strategies!

2. Migrants don't seem to work. I have tested by putting 8 in a new urban (4) city. No pop gain when deleted. No button either. Also maybe give option to add hammers or pop in future????

3. Helo's over water can only be attacked by aircraft in bomb mode. Other helo's cannot attack them, nor can adjacent land troops. Seems weird as a bullet not fussy about swimming!

4. Terraforming destroys improvement which seems weird, but the real kicker was that an auto build worker came and built an improvement which stopped the terraforming. Very annoying. Prob need something to stop each type working in same tile.

5. Rapid transport vehicles say carry all infantry, but don't carry bazookas or partisans or commandos (not tried SAM). Maybe need to redefine units?

6. Not a bug really. Aluminium was in only one area and AI absolutely refused to trade it. This makes nearly ALL later stuff unattainable which is silly as Russians make clunkier versions of modern equipment. Aluminium is not the tech driver, indeed they use titanium for some things which is better. Suggest would be better to make all modern stuff double hammers and "half cost with aluminium". This may even be workable with earlier troops (the egytians had crocodile hide armour which was prob as good as copper for their axemen).

6) I was playing a Mastery Victory game and I managed to eliminate all enemy civilizations. It was the year 1896. The game did not end in victory, it expected me to play, alone, for another 204 years. Also, I believe since there is also now no other 'closest competitor' when you click the victory conditions button the screen is completely empty, it does not even give you your current mastery score breakdown. Perhaps you should win a Mastery Victory when all enemies are defeated.

Similarly, I was playing Master Victory and all opposing civilizations had capitulated. I was now the leader of the world, but still having to play in order to win. Since vassal states can't declare war on each other nobody can really expand or lose ground very much. Kind of boring at this point, just eliminate my armed forces and go for culture and tech ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom