Discussion in 'Civ4 - ViSa Modpack' started by TAfirehawk, May 20, 2007.
Please post all in-game bugs/issues/problems (not installation issues) here.
Reserved for Future.
Hi, I am new to ViSa and I wanna say how impressed I am with what you guys have done with the mod. Anyway my problem is that the bombard icon has disappeared and I can't bombard cities (the B hotkey also doesn't work). It is making it very difficult for me to capture AI cities especially as the AI is still capable of bombarding me :-( . Am I missing something simple here, I know that you have modified the bombard system but I just don't seem to be able to bombard at all.
This probably isnt a bug, just an annoying issue with the AI. After the AI has ended a succesful war against another civilization, and it has captured a great deal of cities - it goes bankrupt. It cant support any units and hence it leaves all its cities undefended.
It happened in my very first game playing this mod. I was playing on a 160x100 map on emperor. When I noticed the empty cities, I tried to go in World Builder to see what was going on. Both civilizations were bankrupt, but was still trying to build units to defend their cities... pointless as they couldnt support them - a never-ending ring...
Sounds like the Ranged Bombard feature in the Custom Game screen is off, but the AI should NOT be using it either.....interesting....
Sounds like mis-management in the AI, which is part of the BetterAI mod. That is so huge that it is nearly impossible for us to revamp it in any way
Is it fairly easy to switch back to the "warlords"-AI without any impact on other features in the mod?
Hi Toft thats weird i do alot of warring and cause a lot of wars but never seen that except for early ancient and medivial eras, what era were you in when this happened?
I was about to ask the same question
There is a lot of good points in the Better AI, but still tons of stupidity and bugs, that is the worst. AI will never play like a human, unless in a very far future The old AI has at least one good thing - it hasn't bugs.
So, is it possible to switch back to the "warlords"-AI without any impact on other features in the mod? Or make this optional?
heres a wierd bug I thank.It's just wierd spontaniuos capture of a worker out in open water with none of my unit's close by." align="" border="0" />
Bug related to here....
I'm not sure if any of my autosavs still have the phenomenon going on. I felt...well... a bit guilty (I'm a pretty crap player so I generally end up having to use pretty much every unit I build at the front at some stage), so I used WB to delete the units and rebuilt them at the correct level (ie 17/18 pts instead of the 48 pts or so most of the units had achieved)... I'll hunt through my autosaves and if there's one there I'll post it.
I was playing in the ancient era on grand(2000) settings. I posted a similar thread in the "BetterAI" forum, I would just like to know how to disable this particular mod from the rest without breaking other features in visa.
I loves visas mod
I have a major problem. I cant win. I have 6 legendary cities, my diplomancy score should let me win. I lauched my space ship and i own 85% of the map and 90% of the worlds population and i still cant win. can someone help me?
is there a new update for this? i am using visa 3.10.
Check the victory screen.
I think you checked the mastery victory option which overides all other options. means you have to play to the end. but well done on your achievements.
I'm not sure if these bugs are fixed in 3.10 yet, I haven't installed the patch until I'm done with my current games (the save games aren't compatible, right?)
1) A number of times I have attacked a sea city with a land unit and regardless of the odds, the attacker always wins. Also, in addition to always winning, the attack successfully conquers the city regardless of how many units are in the city.
For example, I was attacking a sea city that had 10 calvary units and an artillery unit in it. I was attacking with an apache, who cannot capture the city. The apache successfully attacked once, and defeated the artillery piece, which I managed to capture (I changed the .ini so any unit can capture any unit). As a result, I was left with an artillery piece sitting on an ocean square. The next turn, I could actually attack with this ocean floating artillery piece. It was at half strength, and its odds were <0.1 percent. Despite these amazing odds, the artillery piece was successful in defeating a cavarly unit, and it captured the entire city. 9 other cavalry units were decimated without a fight.
2) Helicopter units that can travel over ocean (Chinooks, light apache, apache) cannot fly on squares with enemy tunnels on them. building tunnels around your entire sea city would make it invulnerable to helicopter attack, unless you bring naval vessels in to pillage tunnels (you can't bombard tunnels at range)
3) I have trouble recreating this bug, but attacking an enemy city with a single modern armor, I decided to burn the city. Afterwards, the single unit used to take the city wound up far away, right outside the enemy civ's cultural borders.
4) Terraformers cannot terraform a peak, despite being able to stand on one. However, if you use the "terraform adjacent water into land" you can sometimes choose a tile that is a peak, and it will become a plains. Unsure if you want to allow peak removal or not, but as it stands it is not consistent and rather cumbersone.
5) If you select multiple cities, the total cost for production hurrying in the mouseover tip does not change even though clicking the button will pay for hurrying in all cities at the correct cost.
6) I was playing a Mastery Victory game and I managed to eliminate all enemy civilizations. It was the year 1896. The game did not end in victory, it expected me to play, alone, for another 204 years. Also, I believe since there is also now no other 'closest competitor' when you click the victory conditions button the screen is completely empty, it does not even give you your current mastery score breakdown. Perhaps you should win a Mastery Victory when all enemies are defeated.
7) Diplomatic victory does not factor into Mastery Victory. For such a difficult task, it should add to the Mastery score.
nice bug report :]
has happened to me as well - but that's as planned afaik.
you have my vote
a new bug in 3.10: medical promotions seem to be independet of earlier same-type promotions (eg.: healing 2 available, even if you don't have healing 1, see pic)
not technically a bug, but the eco terrorist has neither relevant visapedia nor mouseover info for "chemical attack"
We actually totally re-wrote ViSa to incorporate the BetterAI mod from the ground up, so there is no easy or quick way to turn it off, sorry.
I agree with sovarn here....Mastery Victory is selected.
I wanted to tweak Sevo's Mastery Victory conditions (didn't think about what happens when all other civs are dead however) based on feedback in his thread....but that didn't get done (neither did reworking the Civics) for v3.10
All excellent finds.....they need to be added to the Bug Report site if not already
Added to the BRS
It seems that the BetterAI mod is "complete" - in other words dead. I think its sad for this, otherwise, great mod
Separate names with a comma.