Voice over for technologies

Clicksupanasty

Chieftain
I just started playing the mod a few days ago. I noticed that the new technologies have no voiceover quote with them. I'd like to correct that. Would the devs of the mod be interested in me sending them voice files for the quotes?

I just started playing the mod a few days ago. I noticed that the new technologies have no voiceover quote with them. I'd like to correct that. Would the devs of the mod be interested in me sending them voice files for the quotes?

That would be great for me, if @Vokarya agrees we can add them.

If you want to, go ahead. I turned the voice quotes off ever since BTS. The difference was just too jarring. So it doesn't matter to me, but it would help other people.

I hope that the community will be allowed to comment on it before those voices make it to the mod.
Spoiler :

Just saying this because some of the voices in C2C didn't happen to be too great (I remember one where the reader sounds like being drunk). On the other hand PAE has custom tech voices too and those are very professional.
Just hope that Clicksupanasty is professional too :)

Awesome! I like your tone and voice. :thumbsup:
Some voices (Acoustics, Advanced Computers, Animal Husbandry, Aristocracy, Armored Vehicles, Assembly Line) sounds a bit fast to me but the others have the right tempo (for my taste at least).

Just one question:
As I see you have created voices for techs too that have one already. Are we going to replace all voices?
Personally I would miss Mr Spock and would prefer to fill only the missing holes.

Just one more question:
@Clicksupanasty: Won't it be strange for you to hear your own voice while playing? :lol:

Personally, I'm recording all the techs including the ones Mr Nimoy did just as an option. I'll have precisely zero issues if the decision is made to keep his existing quotes in. But I also understand that for the sake of symmetry, they might want to use my voice across the board. I'm just making sure they have that option. :)

To be honest, I'm probably going to be re-recording all 37 of the techs. I figured out what the specifics of each file need to be to make it work with the game, and none of them match what's needed. I could just edit them, but I'd prefer to just redo everything from scratch.

And to be honest, I'm looking forward to hearing it. :)

You have a reasonable voice, but I agree that some of them are too fast.

I like your samples! I think we can make them optional and give the option of replacing all sound entries or just those that were not in the original game. As a trekkie I would miss Mr. Spock, but I also like symmetry so using your voice only is a good option as well. Thank you for you work. :)

I like them.
Acoustics not so much but only because I keep comparing it to the voice in Civ5.

BTW: Are you planning to add the DING! sound to the beginning of the files? Should they be added at all?

I like them too. Only Advanced Warmachines is definitely too long. 1 minute quote is too much. I like the text (and I like the way you read it) but we should make it shorter. Reducing it to the essential, we could only play "War has changed", but something in the middle should do it anyway.

I like them too. Only Advanced Warmachines is definitely too long. 1 minute quote is too much. I like the text (and I like the way you read it) but we should make it shorter. Reducing it to the essential, we could only play "War has changed", but something in the middle should do it anyway.
I would totally agree if it was an Ancient-to-Modern era tech, but for the Transhuman era I think it's okay, since players get to it so rarely. I think it's okay to have one or two long quotes in the very late game (but not many). And I like that quote the way it is.
Just my opinion.

Speaking as the chap who recorded the Druidism quote for C2C, that was too long. One full minute of tech quote is also way too long.

BTW:
With the renaming of Mysticism to Tradition we need a new quote for it too. A few suggestions:

Tradition is the illusion of permanence.
Woody Allen
It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition.
Henry James
Tradition is a guide and not a jailer.
W. Somerset Maugham
Preserving tradition has become a nice hobby, like stamp collecting.
Mason Cooley
It's good to be progressive, but don't shun the good things about tradition.
Sangram Singh
As soon as tradition has come to be recognized as tradition, it is dead.
Allan Bloom
But, I don't want to assume that our tradition of excellence is a guarantee of future excellence.
Dave Heineman
I think I like the first one the most.

I prefer the third one (WSM's quote), but Woody Allen's is good too.

Top Bottom