Vox Populi Civilizations Compatibility Request Thread

The closest building due to finish is a worker. however I went ahead and pressed hurry production to finish sooner to see if the crash would happen earlier, but it still happened on the same turn, so I dont think it has anything to do with buildings. I didnt find anything odd with their units either.

Also, These are the building that the cantons currently have in their capital:
Monument
Council
Market
Palace
Library
Lighthouse
Walls
Shrine
Stone works
Interesting.. why this civ.. if they're building normal things.. could it be the vanilla mod itself that the Community Patch expanded on .. hm. Can you replicate the crash and send me the crash log files?

I know you're probably very busy and I dont mean to be a pain, just asking for an update!
did u manage to find the issue ?

I know you're probably very busy and I dont mean to be a pain, just asking for an update!
did u manage to find the issue ?
Code:
[323994.859] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Canton Pirates- Ching Shih (v 1)\lua\C15_Pirate_Decisions.lua:62: attempt to call global 'HookDecisionCivilizationIcon' (a nil value)
[323994.859] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Canton Pirates- Ching Shih (v 1)\lua\C15_Pirate_Decisions.lua.

I don't have these errors or crashes because I don't use E&D. Maybe I'll have to check why with E&D now.

Possibly.
Hmm is there a way to disable the pirates from using E&D but not anyone else ?
Or so that only the player is allowed to use E&D but not any of the AI

Possibly.
Hmm is there a way to disable the pirates from using E&D but not anyone else ?
Or so that only the player is allowed to use E&D but not any of the AI
Yeah you can take out the E&D file in the pirate mod file.

I deleted C15_Pirate_Decisions.lua in lua folder, do I also have to delete C15_Pirate_DecisionDefines in SQL folder ?

I deleted C15_Pirate_Decisions.lua in lua folder, do I also have to delete C15_Pirate_DecisionDefines in SQL folder ?
Yes...?

sorry to bump this up again!
Canton pirates, deleted what you said to delete, still crashes!

The Viet Cong unit from Vietnam need something like BaseLandAirDefense = '4' to be balanced with the new airplane mechanics introduced in VP 7-16b

Haven't had the time to fix it until much later, but noted.

Canton Pirates are considered buggy and discontinued until further notice.

I need to reevaluate on what is causing the crash since it is not the E&D, UB, UU, or the UA but must be underlying original code involving the Grand Strategy with CP's coding is my assumption.

Would a CBP version of Tomatekh's Goths be possible

The Goths - Alaric I
Tomatekh
Civfanatics download link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/the-goths-bnw-or-gk.19845/
Steam Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=81447812

currently unbalanced,

UA: Golden age from conquering capitals & can use enemy roads until industrial
Proposed fixes: Remove industrial age cap to road access
Reduce population loss & resistance duration by 50% To reflect Alaric's humane treatment of Roman citizens during his conquests

UU: Swordsman replacement - Free shock I promotion (+15% in open terrain), double heal from pillaging
Proposed fixes: Since swordsman gets shock I by default, give both shock I and drill I, leave double heal as is. Drill synergizes with UA better

UB: Stable replacement - +1 faith, +1 prod on cattle, sheep & horses, -10% production on ALL land units, -10% production cost
Proposed fixes: +2 prod
+3 prod, +1 faith from horses, sheep, cattle and deer
+15% production to ALL land units
+10% unit supply cap
available earlier (Philosophy)
no tile requirement for construction (ie. no improved source of cattle, sheep or horses necessary)
+1 faith in city for every workable tile with no improvements (This reflects that germanic hovs, or hofs, were as often natural spaces as they
were buildings. Tacitus wrote of Germanic pagans' belief that gods were not contained or to be found in human structures.

Honestly if you can do any country occupying Central asia... or perhaps teach me how to give TSL locations...

So I don't know how much interest there is, but I've started making compatibility mods for Vicevirtuoso's Madoka Magica civpack. Two are already up, and the rest will be coming. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for the rest of the series. Also, if anyone has any other fictional civs they would like to see converted, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Top Bottom