VQ-09 Alg Ore's Exploit

I don't think AH is on the Alg Ore list of appropriate knowledge.

Think of the start in terms of nets, mines, and cottages. We won't have farms or pastures.

I don't think AH is on the Alg Ore list of appropriate knowledge.

Not sure what you mean here, AH is on your list (at least the list you got from HC)

As for the leader choice, I would agree with Ozbenno, go with Ragnar if we can get AH, otherwise HC would be the way to go.

Thanks for spotting that! Guess I'll have to load the saves up tonight for the other leaders and see if there's a diff in the tech path.

Unless of course someone else wants to do it sooner.... :p

The screenies of the tech paths....

HC

Ragnar

Not that on this start I poped a WORKER from the hut just off my starting possition :eek:
I have never had this happen, dont know if it had anything to do with "Chieftan" tho...

MAO

I offcourse dont have the saves but started some games and clicked (should be the same ;))
I didnt check the full path as I expect if the beginning is the same everything is the same.... Right? Right!

Ha! yeah, the hut pops are tied to difficultly level, so worker pops are real rare at the "realistic" levels.

It looks like Hunting and Agriculture are the two "not needed" starting techs, but that otherwise the paths are the same between leaders. (which leader(s) start with those two techs.... :devil:)

mmmm Shaka does (and that wimp Cyrus)

The fact that Animal Husbandry is on path is a stupid mistake by the computer algorithm. AH is not strictly needed. But It works to our advantage.

We definitely need argiculture. Hunting I don't care much ... camp? meaning no ivory (oh, war elephants), deer, and fur.

So i am fine with any argiculture starting civ. Choose one with Finiancial trait.

Hmmm ... it seems like Priesthood is skipped ...

--

Ok, final vote time two choices:

HC or a new roll with Shaka.

Majority rules (and I'm talking about the real majority and not some funky electoral crap here!)

Lurker content
Why pick Civs with 'useless' techs. It's not quite the same if you can farm or hunt.....I know I use your future invention without ever doing either.

Lurker again

It will eventually become difficult but then a game without courthouses.......hard is the name of the game. It can be done I believe.

Its definitly doable even without agriculture. My last game was played with the goal of making the world my vassal. Roughly an 1800's finish with no real major problems along the way.

I do agree that we need agriculture... I just think we'd tie ourselves down on health if we are not able to hook up any health resources (save seafood)

I would vote for Shaka, mainly becuase I have not played much as Zulu yet...

Ok, I'll roll a Shaka start tonight and play the first set of turns.

Our forefather was a truly wise man. He started us out with a scout who quickly interogated the local villagers and they offered up a map of the surroundings. We quickly decided that there was no finer site for our first city then right where we stood.

Our first piece of work was putting some token hammers into a glorious Ikhanda while we waited for more citizens to be born. Perhaps foolishly, our wisemen choose to research into Mining so that we more quickly might find metals to help our warriors go forth.

Our wandering scout found another village and ws suprised to find his long lost twin! We had been gifted with a second scouting unit. Our knowledge would quickly expand now! In fact just around the corner, another village was found and the inhabitants gave us yet another map of the area. It looked as if we were on the end of a long island...

Many years later when the secrets of Mining were revealed, we directed our wise men to find out what the strange animals in the water to the north east of our glorious capital could do for us. At the same time, work began on producing a worker to provide water to the hungry wheat just outside Ulundi.

As our scouts continued to wander, they found a most advanced village whose people were making large buildings out of rocks. Our brave scout asked what this wonder could be and the villagers happily taught him the secrets of Masonry. Oh wonderful Alg!!

At nearly the same time, our wisemen taught us this wonderful new thing called Fishing and we found that clams nearby could provide a handy source of nourishment to go with the wheat so close by. Heady with these wonders we asked our wise men to begin researching further into the secrets of the earth. They told us that in a few years we would be taught about this strange thing called Bronze... We can only wait to hear what this new knowledge may bring.

As our worker finished, the inhabitants of Ulundi were instructed to begin building a workboat to go out and harvest the clams.

Where are we at?

4th in GNP
5th in Hammers
not so good in the rest.

Buddhism was founded in 3640 - no hint of Hinduism yet.
Workboat is 5 turns out and the Ikhanda has 3 turns left (I think).

BW will complete in 9 more turns.

It looks like we're on an island by ourself. One scout fended off a wolf and is healing up. The other scout is one move north of our 5th hut.

The tech tree is as I stated in an earlier post. Be sure we don't waste any turns researching *any* tech not on that list (Archery being the obvious one right now).

I did save the starting position(s) if anyone wants to have them. I'll wait a few turns to release them tho.

Who's up next? Whoever posts a got it. I'll let the order form up naturally. Go ahead and play 20 turns for the next person, then we'll go with 15,15 for the next two after that.

Here's the current save:

Playing....

Edit: Played
Turn 1 Hut pops 57 gold.
3000 bc our scout stop right next to a Lion and survives the attack with 0.2 health
2880 the scout is still healing but a Bear closes and the scout flees... to heal on another hill top.
2840 Bronze working in, we have bronze... Not that it matters a whole lot...
Hinduism is founded in 2480.

Currently we are researching Pottery and building a settler (at max pop and I added a chop from outside the BFC) Whip it? To speed it up?

Our current situation:

The settler should go to any of the dots... My pref I think is the Teal one...

The 2 green circels is where the scouts still have to go...

After Pottery should we go for Monotheism for Judaism? Having a religion will up the Happy 2....

Top Bottom