Wainy's Deity LP - Babylon

Subscribed! Surprised at how quick you took that first capital. I do agree on archers being really good now though.

Huh, how did you get a great scientist that early? Did I miss anything?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Huh, how did you get a great scientist that early? Did I miss anything?

babylon gets a scientist upon completing writing. typically people beeline writing and plant the scientist for an academy, which nearly doubles early research.

keep up the good work...
maybe you summarize your strategy sometime

Basically, research Archery first, start spamming Babylon's unique archer replacement, the Bowman (by producing in the capital and supplementary rush-buying with money from luxury and open borders sales), to eliminate enemy units and reduce cities to one hitpoint, at which point any arbitrary melee unit (such as a warrior or later, preferably, a horseman) can capture it. Later I'll tech to Machinery, upgrade to crossbows, and continue the rampage. Promotions are Shock or Drill 1-3, then logistics for double attack (like super Chu-ko-nus). It's almost a shame that such a simplistic strategy can be so effective in this game, but oh well.

Good video! I am trying out the deity Babylon Bowman rush... Egypt, Perisa and Russia fell within 90 turns, now working on America... 8 bowman easily took the first 2 civs down, upgraded to 8 crossbows easily took Russia down, America has The Great Wall so that is going a little slower.

This is nuts :crazyeye:, it only costs 200 to buy a Bowman, 170 to upgrade to a crossbow... throw in the free GS to get machinery quickly... I haven't even got my university up yet...

This is first time I took honor branch in a standard game, by garrisoning scouts (buy at 140 a pop) I get +1 maint free happiness. The puppets like to build Walls of Babylon, another +1 happiness each with new Honor tree.

I decided to try out your strategy and it was a lot of fun. It was the first game I ever played on King and it went really well. Thanks for throwing this strategy out there.

I'm still finding it funny that Russia gave away it's most defensible city for practically free. Given the shape of the mountain range, had she setup a wall and eventually Castle in that city, there would have been no realistic way to take it before Dynamite or going all the way around and taking it's other cities.

I'm still finding it funny that Russia gave away it's most defensible city for practically free. Given the shape of the mountain range, had she setup a wall and eventually Castle in that city, there would have been no realistic way to take it before Dynamite or going all the way around and taking it's other cities.

Of course! That was a major stroke of luck on my part. Hopefully she doesn't build another one there before I finish with Gandhi, though.

Check out my new Deity LP youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wainyciv. In my first LP, I try out the newly-buffed archer rush using Babylon's archer UU. More videos will be posted within the week. A huge thanks to MadDjinn for the inspiration and the instructions on how to make the videos!
Good start. I too like your voice.

Just started watching your first vid. If you can, try to fill the screen with what you record (no black borders) and get a better mic so your voice is clearer. Also, maybe some in-game sounds?

Not being negative, I've already subscribed, just trying to give you some feedback as an avid civ vid viewer :) .

Keep it up! :goodjob:

Good start. I too like your voice.

Just started watching your first vid. If you can, try to fill the screen with what you record (no black borders) and get a better mic so your voice is clearer. Also, maybe some in-game sounds?

Not being negative, I've already subscribed, just trying to give you some feedback as an avid civ vid viewer :) .

Keep it up! :goodjob:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. The later videos have some sound. I don't think I'll change the mic, but I will try to enunciate a bit more, and I honestly have no idea how to fix the border issue. I have a 4:3 monitor, which might be the problem.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. The later videos have some sound. I don't think I'll change the mic, but I will try to enunciate a bit more, and I honestly have no idea how to fix the border issue. I have a 4:3 monitor, which might be the problem.

it might be a fraps thing. You can set the type of recording in there, and if you went 1920x1080, it might not line up well with the 4:3 ratio.

more likely, it could be post-processing. I had that issue when I accidentally changed the aspect ratio in WL Movie Maker. it just adds black space around the vid.

it might be a fraps thing. You can set the type of recording in there, and if you went 1920x1080, it might not line up well with the 4:3 ratio.

more likely, it could be post-processing. I had that issue when I accidentally changed the aspect ratio in WL Movie Maker. it just adds black space around the vid.

I don't know how to adjust the resolution in fraps. I changed my WLMM resolution from 1080x720 (16:9) to 960x720 (4:3), with the result that most of the black borders disappear in full-screen (at least, on my own monitor). Is it actually possible to stretch a 4:3 video to 16:9?

I don't know how to adjust the resolution in fraps. I changed my WLMM resolution from 1080x720 (16:9) to 960x720 (4:3), with the result that most of the black borders disappear in full-screen (at least, on my own monitor). Is it actually possible to stretch a 4:3 video to 16:9?

no, it'll just add the black borders.

fraps is likely fine, since it tries to grab the native resolution. But WLMM needs to be in the exact format of your monitor.

no, it'll just add the black borders.

fraps is likely fine, since it tries to grab the native resolution. But WLMM needs to be in the exact format of your monitor.

Even when it is, though, that ratio doesn't match the ratio of the Youtube screen (which is 16:9). So there's likely nothing I can do.
Speaking of which, how does this video (WLMM 4:3 output) look on your screen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblYsaeCwL8

Top Bottom