WangKon (EC)

@ CBPE/Kossin

Spoiler :
I adopted Kossin idea and giving HR eventually lead to a Diplo victory although giving tribute probably also helped. See how the others do.

Do we play this out for a conquest win or would we just be fighting a huge Alex churning out hundreds of units?

@ Gumbolt/Kossin

Spoiler :
[...]Anyway, I'm taking care of the diplomacy. I've switched back to bureaucracy (it seems me it's more opportune than FS at the moment) also to hurry up the building of UN in Paris.
After having made some other rush-buy (maybe also UN when possible) I'm thinking about switch to HR which is favourite civic of Pacal and Joao:

Yes, I've written about this in my report :)

BTW to me the game could be regarded as closed.
The UN victory seemed a quite easy way since from the beginning of this round and also it seems me that it's too easy to defend our island with our techs' edge: soon we'll have battleships! I think we've not so much to learn by warring

Ouchhhh!
Another Willem's game?
I'm just trying the TMIT's Immortal University (but playing at Emperor, of course) with him... I hate to play 2 games with the same leader at the same time :cry::cry::cry:

@ Gumbolt/Kossin

Spoiler :

Yes, I've written about this in my report :)

BTW to me the game could be regarded as closed.
The UN victory seemed a quite easy way since from the beginning of this round and also it seems me that it's too easy to defend our island with our techs' edge: soon we'll have battleships! I think we've not so much to learn by warring

Ouchhhh!
Another Willem's game?
I'm just trying the TMIT's Immortal University (but playing at Emperor, of course) with him... I hate to play 2 games with the same leader at the same time :cry::cry::cry:

Spoiler :
I think one of the downsides of Norvin save was the diplomatic issues with Alex. Same was also true of the other leading save. At times diplomatic victories almost feel like cheating if you play carefully through the game making friends.

I am leaving the leader choice for next game to Kossin. Perhaps another creative leader could be chosen if another series is already using Willem. Russians?

I think the current immortal game I last saw was WangKon. This series does take long to complete so there is bound to be overlaps. End of day this series is about learning higher levels so should a similar leader matter?

The new IU is WvO, but I don't care. Willem has great traits if questionable UU/UB. Looks like Kos is gearing up a map to take advantage of them. The UU does offer some interesting military possibilities.

I play the IUs because I love self-torture. However, I'm actually doing reasonably well with the new one.

We are still awaiting a winning save here. :)

My entry.

Spoiler :
Arghhh!! I am on the cusp of getting the UN vote but can't get Joao up to +8 while getting the advantage from Isabella over Alex. I thought I had a stroke of genius by rushing both the UN and Cristo. I figured Cristo would allow me to change civics and such to get the needed votes. If I go Buddhist and Theo Joao tacks on a -1 for being a heathen. I tried seeing if I could persuade him to go into Free Religion but its not available in the trade screen. Maybe I should have chosen that in a UN vote. Alex still doesn't have Astro so the fear of him attacking is lessened. I stopped practically everything figuring I had the UN in the bag so I doubt (if we continue on another set) that my save is all that strong.

Spoiler :
Played your save to 1726. Switched to HR and out to no religion. First vote JoaII abstained. Gifted JoaII a tech. Accepted his religion when asked. Before vote switched out and victory is in the bag!

Attachments

• Norvin Green WK Emperor Cookbook AD-1726.CivBeyondSwordSave
    375.2 KB · Views: 56
I think we should all just play this out to a UN win and we can start a new game.

Finally!

Spoiler :
It took a few more years than it should have but I finally gifted and manipulated Joao and Isabella enough to get their votes. Alex did finally declare but sunk his whole fleet in 2 turns prior to him making any landfall. Looking forward to WvO.

Looks like I'll have to finish testing the next cookbook pretty soon.
Still need to run a few 4000BC->1000AD runs to see how the AI fares.
Otherwise I think it's ready.

Gotta love throwing mountains around the city and leaving a weight on the Enter key for 15 mins.

Looks like I'll have to finish testing the next cookbook pretty soon.
Still need to run a few 4000BC->1000AD runs to see how the AI fares.
Otherwise I think it's ready.

Gotta love throwing mountains around the city and leaving a weight on the Enter key for 15 mins.

Yes some testing would be good. Should we disable UN and or AP?

Not sure how UN or Ap would fit in Kossin map. (Not seen the map as its in testing). I think its important we dont become a series of cheese and diplomation. it has been quite fun tinkering with the saves submitted and seeing different approaches.

Hopefully more saves will still come. I would like to see someone try and take on Alex!

I am guessing voting at this point will serve no end as the game has really been completed.

I never really could explain why this save had so many privateers roaming. The AI actually build these??? *faints*

I wont give a time when the new game will start as i would rather testing was done fully first by Kossin.

Ok, I have some time... getting in a few more tests before I call it good for playing. Should be ready tonight, but I'm guessing Gumbolt might be sleeping by then... might be the next cookbook starts tomorrow!

Ok, I have some time... getting in a few more tests before I call it good for playing. Should be ready tonight, but I'm guessing Gumbolt might be sleeping by then... might be the next cookbook starts tomorrow!

Sure place the pressure on me why dont you!! Now are you sure this has been tested enough and it's not too easy? :mischief::mischief:

Funny about the privateers as I didn't see any in my game. Looking forward to the next game!

I wonder if they dont build them if you have lots of frigates/iron clads! Its strange how some games you never see them and others you get 4-5+

I wonder. I was building some privateers, frigates and ship of the lines (sp?) as I suspected Alex was headed our way. My thought was to sink whatever I could before he reached me with my privateers. I also blocked land access with the frig/sotl's as he had astronomy but not chemistry so if he invaded it woul dbe with galleons only.

Top Bottom