War Planning for Aloha

We havent discussed it with them I dont think but we can.

I would be surprised (and worried) to learn that Epsilon had a couple of Galleons in position on the Aloha side of their continent. Because without those Galleons, they are not in a position to provide assistance. It will most likely take Epsilon the same number of turns as it would for us to sail up the coast to Privet.

The problem, as I see it, is time. It is going to take too many turns to deal a crippling blow to Aloha. And in that amount of time, they have the potential to train quite a few Cossacks.

Well the Privet operation wont cut it with only a few cavalry, they will annihilate that force with their cossacks. I think our only options now are burning Kia and the capital or just going straight for the capital.

I'm assuming that we all agree that the original (pre-Cossack) plans are off the table?

I think our only options now are burning Kia and the capital or just going straight for the capital.
Not sure which option is better, so taking each one separately ....

Kia/Capital: Use 2 Galleons (3 cavs & 3 cats) to take and raze Kia Ora. Ship chain reinforcements until 1150AD when (8 cavs & 7 cats) begin to march to Aloha capital. Ship chain 3 more cats along the way. Attack the capital in 1200AD with 8 cavs & 10 cats.

Capital Only: Use 3 Galleons (5 cavs & 4 cats) to sail up the Aloha coast to the capital. Our fleet would be visible in 1130AD. In 1150AD we would declare and land our forces on a hill next to the capital. Attack the capital in 1160AD with 5 cavs & 4 cats.

3rd Option: is to not invade at all. Send everything we've got to defend Chappaquiddick. All the while researching to Rifling.

Time to vote! The save should be back in our hands in about 6 hours. Which option do we want to do? Or is there a better option?

I vote to raze their capital, but why couldn't we attack the city from the boats if it is lightly defended?

Kia and then the capital for sure, I guess we cant get enough cat support up to go take the capital only? But Kia is their shipping center towards us, it wont be bad to raze. It will be nice to be in a war!

Thats a bad link to the Aliens file!

I just looked at the save. We need to recall all the galleons west of Chappa and load them up regardless, and move the galleon by the capital over to get loaded up. Why are they all the way out there? Better to hide them at least somewhere close.

Lets raze KO with the biggest force we can muster; I hate that it takes 10 turns to get to the gulf by their cap but so be it. If the capital is highly defended we can sail up to Hej and raze it; I dont think they can defend both well enough.

If we choose to not attack and not upgrade troops, how fast can we research Rifling at 100%? I mean, we are getting a bunch of cash from a GM really soon, aren't we?

Thats a bad link to the Aliens file!
Odd. The link works for me. Nothing terribly important, though. Just my thoughts about how badly we're going to die in this war ... :(

Why are they [the Galleons] all the way out there?
That's all been pretty well documented in my turn reports. But basically it was to prevent some prying Aloha eyes from getting wind of the fact that we were going to attack them in 20 or so turns. A bit of a moot point, now.

Lets raze KO with the biggest force we can muster;
Can you elaborate on biggest force we can muster? 3 cav's and 3 cats can depart next turn and raze Kia Ora in 2 turns. How many troops do you think we need? And, what time frame do we need them?

If the capital is highly defended we can sail up to Hej and raze it; I dont think they can defend both well enough.
Ok, you've lost me here. The original plan called for us to sail up the coast, but I thought your new plan was to ship chain reinforcements? And besides, if we've already landed, why not just march up the Aloha coast rather than taking the 50% amphibous penalty?

If we choose to not attack and not upgrade troops, how fast can we research Rifling at 100%? I mean, we are getting a bunch of cash from a GM really soon, aren't we?
We can have Rifling in 23 turns at 100%. That could probably be lowered to about 20 by tweaking the ecomony for max commerce.

As for the GM, don't forget that we only get half the bounty. About 500 gold would be my guess. Thus we could only sustain 100% for about 10 turns.

Assuming that Aloha has dastardly plans for our future....and since they don't have astronomy.. that means that they'll be heading through the isthmus.
They do have dastardly plans! Behold the city they have just built!

I assume there is a city at white dot. And after a border pop (another 5 turns), their Galleys will be able to reach us via that 1 tile island.

I'm rather surprised that our friends with the Caravel didn't send us an intel photo. Especially considering the number of photos that I have sent to them.

and Chamnix wonders why noone likes his team :rolleyes:

Ok, you've lost me here. The original plan called for us to sail up the coast, but I thought your new plan was to ship chain reinforcements? And besides, if we've already landed, why not just march up the Aloha coast rather than taking the 50% amphibous penalty?
I thought we were razing KO, then loading back up and sailing over to the Hej/Capital City gulf. We can attack either of those cities from there. We probably should raze that other city they just founded as well. If we march up the coast we have no defense against the Cossacks.

I thought we were razing KO, then loading back up and sailing over to ...
Ok .... but then why the ship chain?

Edit: Should we just schedule a chat on MSN to discuss our war plans? It might be easier ...

:bump:

So what's the plan for the invasion? Are we ship chaining troops and attacking the capital over land? Or do we sail the coast and hit their capital with whatever we have available?

Also, how many units do we need for Kia Ora? How many for their capital?

I dont know about the shipchain, I guess we can do it and hold KO and destroy the other town they just founded. If we do that we can march on their capital in a few turns and just try to trade cavs. Based on the power graph this should work, we have a 1/3 edge in power. We just have to keep pumping out the units.

We need some pikes as well. Once we have 4-6 of those we can gather a bigger stack.

Razing Kia Ora and the new city sounds good. Back on the boats after both encounters; we don't want to give their Cossacks any targets to attack. Either way, we need to be the aggressors, because it would be very bad to see Cossacks in our home lands.

I take it we revolt to Merc as soon as we can bear a 1-turn loss of production.

I really don't like these turn of events. Any chance Epsilon is giving us the :backstab: and stacking Aloha against us?

Lets raze KO with the biggest force we can muster; I hate that it takes 10 turns to get to the gulf by their cap but so be it.
How many troops do we need to take Aloha's capital?
  • 8 Cavalry & 10 Catapults can attack in 1200AD (overland)
  • 5 Cavalry & 7 Catapults can attack in 1150AD (by land or by boat)
  • 4 Cavalry & 8 Catapults can attack in 1140AD (by boat)
BTW, it is currently 1100AD.

I think we are SOL if Epsilon does decide to give us the :backstab:.

Top Bottom