War Planning for Aloha

The only advantage we would seem to have left is our galleons (cavs and suprise seem to have gone - did epsilon or innovia sell us out?).. at least until redcoats, so we could utilise this by using guerrilla (seems absurd at sea) tactics, and retreating to the sea again (are any of the galleons promotable to medic?) Razing the 2 southern seaside cities would seem a prudent step, and at least we could dominate the sea and get intelligence this way, making a counter attack very difficult, and giving us time to get rifling. Going straight for the capital seems to be putting all our eggs in one basket... what if it fails?

Of course, I say this without civ at the moment, and am a little unsure of the defence of the capital and the chance of success. If we have a good chance at it, or if eps can speed up their cav gifts, let's go for it. If we've missed this chance at their capital, let's not get stuck with anm outdated plan.

Going straight for the capital seems to be putting all our eggs in one basket... what if it fails?
We're done... but the same is true if we spread too thin and don't focus on the right thing and we end up losing our cavs and have a declaration of war vs a team with Cossacks without an ability to defend currently

Going straight for the capital seems to be putting all our eggs in one basket... what if it fails?
We're done... but the same is true if we spread too thin and don't focus on the right thing and we end up losing our cavs and have a declaration of war vs a team with Cossacks without an ability to defend currently
As Tubby says, we're done. If any part of our invasion fails, we're done.

But I don't think we can allow their capital to stand, either. It has the Heroic Epic and the Globe Theatre. It is (most likely) their largest city. It could potentially be half of their production capability.

And, sadly, we will probably raze it to the ground ...

Well we arent done by any means if we fail to take the capital; hey we can still kill em with ships! And they have to make a landing anyway (tough).

I think we should just take what the defense gives us atm, and see how the power numbers shake out after we raze those two cities asap.

OK, no response on my last query. So I went with speed. How about this for a timetable?
  • 1120AD: raze Kia Ora with 3 Cavs & 3 Cats (2 boats)
  • 1140AD: raze Aloha Capital with 4 Cavs & 8 Cats (4 boats)
  • 1140AD: simultaneously raze Allegra with 1 Cav & 1 Cat (1 boat)
  • 1150AD: raze Hej with whatever is left over from capital assault
  • 1170AD: reinforcements arrive at Pearl Harbor (2 Cavs & 1 Cat)
  • 1210AD: overland assault of Privet (assuming anything survives) and raze it
Thoughts?

Well we arent done by any means if we fail to take the capital;
Their capital should be able to turn out 2-turn Cossacks. Meanwhile it will take us 3-5 turns just to get reinforcements landed.

We are sorely lacking in production capabilities. We've now lost our tech advantage over them. The only way I see us winning is to quickly and decidedly cripple their production capacity. That means taking out their HE city.

If we fail? I still think Tubby is correct ... We're done!

I think that it's a no-brainer... people with fighting skillz figure out how many units we need to most likely take theri capital and roast marshmallows in the embers. hit them as quick as we can with as much as we can.

if we don't, we lose... if we fail, we lose.... so let's just win

READY

BREAK

Ha. On two. Ok I like the updated timetable. Lets do that. We can always call the forces back if we cant take the city, or go on to Hej. I still think we are fine even if we fail; they cant build boats except at their capital and Hej so they wont be exactly swarming us with Cossacks before we get our UU.

1140AD: simultaneously raze Allegra with 1 Cav & 1 Cat (1 boat)

:cool: nice and ambitious... I like it. The updated timetable seems pretty good to me. (damn I wish I could view the save)

Man I'm glad you guys know what the heck you're doing. I like it.
Here's my speech...
But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.--Vince LomWhompdi

This turn will be a good one! Hope Loco plays quickly.

not unexpected either....
Well its a well known fact that tubby isn't much of a poet
Is Robi's reply an attempt cover up a perceived slip of classified info? Robboo's statement can be interpreted in a number of ways. But Robi's reply doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I wonder if Aloha has just told us that Innovia gave us up?

Robboo's a bit of a pot stirrer so it's possible he let the cat out of the bag.

Robi D's comments probably don't mean anything since Robi D, Mauer and I had some pitboss conflict with Tubs, Robboo and GeorgeOP and Robi's on our c3c MTDG team. I think there's a bit of good natured ribbing going on.

Tubs and I are having a hard time remembering who's on who's team!! :lol:

yes.. I took no offense to any comments directed my way. Robboo will let info out if you get him talking enough. So could someone befriend him on MSN? :mischief:

No, I didn't mean to imply that Robi's comments were offensive. I just find his reply to Robboo as odd and unnecessary. It is Robi's reply that makes me think that Robboo said too much.

I have been very careful not to give Aloha any in-game warnings. No scouting or anything like that. Maybe they figured it out based upon Epsilon's scouting pattern? :dunno: It just seems most likely that Innovia was the source. I probably need to dig through the thread and find the transcript of that conversation ....

To quote the great S. Baldrick: "I have a cunning plan!"

With BCLG's comments about Epsilon in the main forum, what if we asked Epsilon to declare on us? :eek: It would be a phoney war, of course. And I'm not sure if Aloha will buy it ....

I think the rules have something to say about phony wars... I'll go check now

eDIT:: nope just checked and there's nothing about phony wars.... I'd be a little leary about anyone declaring on us. and anyone who knows how to look at the power graph can plainly see that we wouldn't be fighting. and why would we care about if everyone knows that Epsilon and us are in bed together?

They still owe us cavalry units, correct?

Top Bottom