War with French

They can have all the unsettled land, no problem. That pretty much is only the isthmus desert stone at this point.

If they want money / units / resources, I'd hear them out and counter them, see how low we could get them. In principal, though, I'm not opposed to paying them for peace.

In fact, I am not opposed to pay them too, just depends what we are about to be asked to pay. And I am to pay them not for anything else, but to free ourselves some nice 30-40 units to be sent RB way :)

One additional thing which needs to be considered is how much we can trust their word?

More light on the case:

ot4e:Inao caught me in game. He said that they are already working at official texts

me: interesting news indeed
our team thinks that French seeing our cannons got them nervous :)
ot4e: he said something about the polls
inside his team
me: oh, they do that?
ot4e: he didnt have time to watch you having steel for much time
yes he says that they have polls very often
and this decides their politics and strategy
this is why they are doing so bad lol

Events in this turn:

You have made peace with Inao!
I count it as third war in a row we win :)

We took almost all the land we wanted and the only real loss we had was Nobamba being razed by the French. But we successfully rebuilt it, taking the land.

But I'm from USA, we always "count it as a win" :)... I have heard some guys argue that Vietnam was a win, or at least as my Dad used to say with a smile and a wink... "Oh, that was a tie" ;)
If you put similar disclaimers on your wars as US companies insist putting on their EULAs, you probably can claim a victory in any conceivable outcome :D

Anyhow, the news is great and I also count it as our third victory. But then again I'm also from a country where we tend to count both wars we've had as an independent country (not counting the civil war) as "defensive victories" though they ended in Finland surrendering (ask me more in Bar Lounge if anyone is interested in details).

Well, they can make a funny reading at times. Seriously. If you did read the agreements, you would know that e.g. Civ V EULA gave the end user explicitly the right to transfer (gift or resell) the game, though it was distributed exclusively through Steam and Steam EULA and technical implementation (at least at the time) did not allow for transfering a game to another person. Or you would know that Firaxis has all rights to any "user made content" of Civ V. I.e. in theory they could redistribute any mods made by users with no credit given to the creator. Of course if they did that, they probably wouldn't stay in the business for long.

Seriously though, it's nice to live in EU where most of those pesky EULAs have no legal standing.

Top Bottom