1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with French

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Jun 7, 2013.

1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

They can have all the unsettled land, no problem. That pretty much is only the isthmus desert stone at this point.

If they want money / units / resources, I'd hear them out and counter them, see how low we could get them. In principal, though, I'm not opposed to paying them for peace.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

In fact, I am not opposed to pay them too, just depends what we are about to be asked to pay. And I am to pay them not for anything else, but to free ourselves some nice 30-40 units to be sent RB way :)

One additional thing which needs to be considered is how much we can trust their word?

3. 2metraninja

More light on the case:

4. 2metraninja

I count it as third war in a row we win :)

We took almost all the land we wanted and the only real loss we had was Nobamba being razed by the French. But we successfully rebuilt it, taking the land.

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I'm counting it as a win too :D

But I'm from USA, we always "count it as a win" :)... I have heard some guys argue that Vietnam was a win, or at least as my Dad used to say with a smile and a wink... "Oh, that was a tie" ;)

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Awesome! :thumbsup: :D

7. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

If you put similar disclaimers on your wars as US companies insist putting on their EULAs, you probably can claim a victory in any conceivable outcome :D

Anyhow, the news is great and I also count it as our third victory. But then again I'm also from a country where we tend to count both wars we've had as an independent country (not counting the civil war) as "defensive victories" though they ended in Finland surrendering (ask me more in Bar Lounge if anyone is interested in details).

8. Sommerswerd

Exactly ;)

9. 2metraninja

LOL, there are at least two users who actually read those EULAs? :D

10. Sommerswerd

There is no point in reading them. When you buy the new copy of Civ 6, you will play it no matter what the "terms and conditions" are... Even if it says "pint of flesh, plus firstborn child and 1 night with your wife" you are still playing that game, so why waste time reading it.:lol:

11. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Well, they can make a funny reading at times. Seriously. If you did read the agreements, you would know that e.g. Civ V EULA gave the end user explicitly the right to transfer (gift or resell) the game, though it was distributed exclusively through Steam and Steam EULA and technical implementation (at least at the time) did not allow for transfering a game to another person. Or you would know that Firaxis has all rights to any "user made content" of Civ V. I.e. in theory they could redistribute any mods made by users with no credit given to the creator. Of course if they did that, they probably wouldn't stay in the business for long.

Seriously though, it's nice to live in EU where most of those pesky EULAs have no legal standing.

12. 2metraninja

Yeah, The Old World FTW :D

13. whb

whb King

PC Pitstop once included a clause mid-way down that offered a cash prize to the first few people who actually read the EULA. It took four months before someone claimed it.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/spycheck/eula.asp

14. 2metraninja

LOL! I told you! :D