Composite Of A Composite
Kets Composite Mod Version .3

Download Link Version .3 Now Available

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5435be/

Fix For Version 3 Now Available
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6d35fa/

Fix is attached to the message as filefactory is giving problems

Fix Notes:
Due to Cultural Influences the max radius of a city culture was stunted compared to vanilla this was a bit to major of a change, what has been done to correct this is add NEW culture levels. At Standard the Max Culture is now 60k instead of 50k and the victory conditions have been changed to handle this. But what you will mostly notice is more of a range of Culture Growth, this still keeps culture a bit slower in growing and you start out very small.

Overview Of What This Mod Includes
16 Merged Mods
6 SDK Changes
10 New Civics (All Civics Modified)
24 New Flags
2 24 Civ Earth Maps
2 23 Civ Earth Maps
5 New Castle Flavor Graphics
73 Flavor Unit Graphics
2 Enhanced Advisor Screens
1 Additional City Screen Panel

Important Notes:
- I have only bothered with the english translation's, most merged mods do not have the full translation sets and
I only know English. For best results play in English.
- Save Games Most Likely Will Not Work Between Versions
- Please check the Mod Folder For Readme's and Merged Mod's Configuration Files

Special Thanks Above and Beyond the Credits Posted Below.
TheLopez - Helping out with a tricky bug I was having
Strategyonly - Helping out with a map being released soon
Ocedius - Helping out with my initial compile problems
Keldath - Great Design Ideas and helping me stay focused

Version Info & Current To Do List: Please Read It Explains Whats Actually Is In The Mod
Spoiler :

Version .3
Merged- Civic Balancer Phase 2
Merged- Great Generals From Barbarians And Animals. Barbarians Can Get Generals
SDK- Mongoose FloodPlainsFix
Merged- City Screen Commerce Display
Merged- Arioch's Warlords Flavor Units

Version .2 Public Release
Merged- JZoc Forts Zone Of Control
Tweaked- Forts do up to 50% Damage 50% To Hit, Linked and Slow Movement
Merged- Porges Attitude Icons
Tweaked- Dead Civ's Do Not Show On Scoreboard
Tweaked- Tech Reveal For Bonus Resources Set
Tweaked- Wine @ Pottery
Tweaked- Tech Traiding @ Guilds
Tweaked- Cottages @ Monarchy
Tweaked- Stone should be slightly more prevalent
SDK- Started Using My Own Compiled .DLL
SDK- Changed ATTITUDE_PLEASED to ATTITUDE_FRIENDLY (Elhoim Diplomacy Fix)
SDK- Added 24 players to source code, for 24 civ maps.
SDK- Added Cultural Influences Mods SDK Hooks
Merged- Cultural Influences
SDK- Mongoose UnitNameMod
SDK- Mongoose FirstStrikeFix
SDK- Mongoose ExperienceNeededCappingMod

Version .1
Merged- Techwindow Screen Update
Merged- ActualQuotes for Warlords
Merged- Exotic Foreign Advisor
Merged- Dawn Of Man Screen Update
Merged- Ethnically Diverse Units
Merged- Better Ship Scale
Merged- .dll to allow 24 civs on map
Merged- 3 maps with 24 civs
Merged- Warlords New Flags 2
Merged- Customizable Domestic Advisor
Merged- SevoPedia With Unit and Promotion Upgrades
Merged- Not Just Another Game Clock Mod

- To Do
M.A.D. Nukes Mod (Waiting for an Update)
Edit Pottery, Guilds, Monarchy Pedia Entries for changes
Edit pedia for new civics introduced in .3
Figure Out A Religious System The One I want to use is being converted for warlords
Add More Flavor Units
Figure Out The Resource Issue For Additional Resources
Civ Gold 2.0 For Warlords when it comes out
New Techs
New Units
TheLopez Promotion System
Another 20 Civ Map. Europe
Improve Read Me File And Documentation
Tech Changes (Flight)
Add Magellan's Voyage

Merged Mods And Credits To The Creators
Spoiler :

ActualQuotes Diplomacy Text
By: Willowmound
Version: 3.0 (Warlords)

Better Ship Scale Basic
By: Elhoim
Version: 1.0 Warlords

Warlords New Flags 2
By: Thorn

Not Just Another Game Clock Mod
By: The Lopez
Version: 0.3.3w

Dawn Of Man Update
Version 0.2

Ethnically Diverse Units
By: Rabbit, White
Version: 2.35

TechWindow
By: Roamty
Version 1.g

Exotic Foreign Advisor
By: Many
Version: Zarah Neander Warlords Version

SevoPedia
By: Sevo,Progor
Version: Unknown

Customizable Domestic Advisor
By: Taelis, TheLopez
Version: 0.93w

Jzoc Forts Zone Of Control
By: Jackel
Version: 0.1 Warlords

Attitude Icons
By: Porges
Version: Warlords

Rhye's 24 Civ SDK Fix
Elhoim Diplomacy Fix SDK Only

Cultural Influences
By: TheLopez
Version: v0.3w

Civic Balancer
By: Aussie Lurker
Version: Phase 2 Warlords

Great Generals From Barbarians
Version: .02w

24 Civ Euro Map Modified By StrategyFirst
By: Italicus

24 Civ World Map
By: Rhye

23 Civ World Map No Celts
By: Rhye

24 Civ Huge World Map
By: Pantastic

23 Civ Huge World Map No Celts
By Pantastic, Ket

City Screen Commerce Display
By: Sevo
Version: Unknown

Arioch's Warlords Flavor Units
By: Arioch
Version 1.0

Lunar Mongoose SDK Fix's And Changes

Attachments

• Kets Composite 3.5 Fix.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 521
Teaser and Todo
(Please note the teaser is not all inclusive, I can and will add more than the teaser will show most of the time)

Stop The Presses Eusebius World Religions Just Got Converted For Warlords Version .4 WILL include this come hell or highwater. Its one of the cornerstones of the focus of what I am trying to do. This will cause some issues with Aussie Lurkers Civic Balancer But I think It can be sorted out. I am very excited about version .4 but I doubt it will be as quick as .2 and .3 where to come out.

.4 Estimated Changes
-------------------
Version .4
Added- 20 Civ Map. Europe (Populated by all Euro Nations Until I get some add on Civ's to add)
Merged- M.A.D. Nukes Mod
Merged- Civ4Alerts
Tweak- Many Tweaks Should be Included.
SDK- More Lunar Mongoose SDK Changes

To Do List
- To Do
M.A.D. Nukes Mod (Waiting for an Update)
Edit Pottery, Guilds, Monarchy Pedia Entries for changes
Edit pedia for new civics introduced in .3
Figure Out A Religious System The One I want to use is being converted for warlords
Add More Flavor Units
Figure Out The Resource Issue For Additional Resources
Civ Gold 2.0 For Warlords when it comes out
New Techs
New Units
TheLopez Promotion System
Another 20 Civ Map. Europe
Improve Read Me File And Documentation
Tech Changes (Flight)
Add Magellan's Voyage
Religious Victory

Composite XL Known Issues List
-------------------------------

TXT_KEY_CIVIC_STRATEGY For All Civic's Needs To Be Redone (Reported By Roamty)

Replace stand out graphics in promotions (Reported By Impaler)

Promotions For Naval Needs To Be Looked At (Reported By Roamty)

Formations not 100% Complete for new units from .4 (Reported By Ket)

Load Game Crash (Reported By All) - Being Fixed Will be ready before .5

Box In Custom Game Empty (CCCP Issue)

TXT_KEY_SLOW_BORDERS - Will Be Fixed in .5

Cost Of Compass is still in line with its old position - Will be fixed in .5 (Fixed In .5)

Unit Upgrade Path's For All Units Need To Be Evaluated - Slated for .5

Balance Battering Ram - STR-1 - Done .5

Balance War Dogs Movement 1, Forestry I 10% Withdraw - DONE .5

Sevopedia is not displaying any text box information for the Default unit of a Class (Impaler) - Schedule .5

More Reserved Fun

Kel,

Its not to terribly hard Kael has a wonderful step by step guide on how to get the programs you need to do the compile.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166933

I originaly had an error, but it seemed to go away and from the research I did on the error (compile warning) it was not a problem anyway. You may want to find beg or borrow a good program to compare 2 files so that merges can be made easier. I use Beyond Compare 2 and UltraEdit 32 Studio. Code Blocks may even have some sort of method of doing it.

B.T.W. Loved your work with sevo and look very forward to your additions to Arma.

hey ket,

well its kind hard that copmpiling... but ill do my best.

ill try to get these programs and test them - thanks.

well thank you.... i have so much work to do,
making it for amra, wont be easy i suspect, but i belive he will be the first to release a large mod, for warlords, by the 28th, cant wait for it now.

i also taken a lot in civ more, it has many great stuff in it...perhaps ill merge my mod for that too -

i didnt name my new thread - "keldath addonds" for nothing..:)

oh and perhaps you should consider adding missiles by dale

Im hopeing to see one for mine in a few versions :)

Yea the compiling is not that easy but it worked out fairly well. I have faith though that if you can merge in all the stuff I've seen you merge once you get the compiler set up it wont be a problem.

Any way i can talk you into useing dales comabt mod and the 3 sqaure city radius mod in this or a version of this mod :)

o dont think merging mine with yours will be a hrad work - prob will be easy -
once i get my mod with sevo warlords,
it would be easy - ill add yours to my to do list :)

about the dll merging...well - i dont know how do do it,
i understood that i have to use the sdk pack that kael wrote to dl,
then with the codeblock i could load the cvcore....dll,
and more over i had no idea what to do -
i tryed the programs you suggested - and couldnt get the dll on it.

i havnt got the slightest idea what to do,
the guide is to "thin" with details for me...

maybe you can help me??

keldath said:
o dont think merging mine with yours will be a hrad work - prob will be easy -
once i get my mod with sevo warlords,
it would be easy - ill add yours to my to do list :)

about the dll merging...well - i dont know how do do it,
i understood that i have to use the sdk pack that kael wrote to dl,
then with the codeblock i could load the cvcore....dll,
and more over i had no idea what to do -
i tryed the programs you suggested - and couldnt get the dll on it.

i havnt got the slightest idea what to do,
the guide is to "thin" with details for me...

maybe you can help me??

Ok let me send my codeblocks file place this into the SDK (I copied mine out of the warlords directory onto my desktop so that I was not modifying the original files in case I needed to go back to them I don't have to re-install.

PM me with your email address.

I would absolutly love to do a second and third UU pack for my mod, but I am playing on doing Civ Gold 2.0 when it comes out so its best to wait to see what comes out in that. Since Arma is on the Civ Gold Team the release of his mod next monday (God I can't wait) will most likely push Civ Gold Along

Have you played around with the regiments mod at all? The screenshots look amazing I'm just wondering about the graphic slowdown.

Version .3 of my mod will hit tonight (CST Timezone) I just added Aussie Lurkers Civics Balancer which I was waiting on him converting, and TheLopez's Barbarian Combat Great General Mod now to add the big nasty one, M.A.D. Nukes that merge is going to take a while.

Question for you, since I have not added the additional resources yet.. Since there are no Earth Map's out there that use the 14 additional resources that everyone seems to use (Sevo, Arma and all) ya know the Salt, Hemp, Natural Gas, Barley, ect ect... The reason I have no added them is there are no 24 civ or realistic maps that have those resources set. Since I'm not a map maker (I just asked StrategyOnly to modify a map for me) Ok question is this
3 Square Radius Mod my concern with using it is that without the added resources there will not be enough health to support the cities but it does seem to be a very popular modification. Any idea's or should I just keep adding and address the issue later.

Dont know what is going on with the download, i get a file that is unknown to XP, i tried twice, One says: Kets, the other says: 7awt0cyy, both are not recongized by Windows?

EDIT: Nevermind my Rar was not working right i got it.

Emailed you.

hey ket,

so, concerning the dll files, well the only thing that i really want to add and use -is the missiles and bombardment by dale - not his stack units, - caise its bad for multiplayer.

so its not an urgent matter acctually,
i bet sevo will use one of dales mods.

when amra mod will get out i plan on using most of his civs, but keep sevos also,
cause its a tons of work for me to change civilisations each mod...
so i though of using the basic of each mod creator - and keeping the civs that sevo made, and the 5uu for each.

your mod is indeed promessing,
in my opoinion, you shuld hold on adding civs,
i think you should add mod componants for now, and enlarge your mod and choosing the stuff you like and develop them.

the regiments, well havnt did much playing aactually - most of the time... i mod :)

bout the civics, i added 2 civics from civmore, i like the extra civs - gives more depth i belive.

24 civ is one great thing, though - im not sure many can enjoy this - cause on late game...it becomes slow....but its nice to have an option then not having at all .

the 3 city radiuos, well,
on one of my versions - i used the egapolises mod,
i didnt realize that it includes 3 city radious,

and i found that i really didnt like it,

i prefer the 2 city radious....its the classic thing, and plus when you are able to buid mega cities -it mean that you build lower number of cities on the land that you have, and the building of a new city will be more annoying cause you have to cover larger teritory, and its less statigic planning.
and it means more planning, i think you sould leave it for now - but, thats my opinion.
also resources are nice, and as you said - larger cities will requair more health, but i have two opinions about resoueces -
one is that i like alot of them
two - is that on the map - everywhere you look theres a resource, it lowers the importance of looking a good spot and enjoy one ot two resources in your city teritory. its kinda making resources to be taken for granted, you know every city has one or two in its borders...some of the city building spots planing is being lost.

anyway,
if you get missiles in your mod,
and bobardment by dale,

i will be greatfull, and the frirst thing ill do once you release - is making my mod merged with yours, perhaps helping you add stuff also :)

also i saw you want to do somthing about religion,
i thought of making 2-3 uu for each religion, also adding religiuos victory,
maybe using inqusitor mod by mylon mod,
also adding 1 or two new ones.
to give a more substanciall weight to religion in the game.

anyway - im now working on the leaderhead ai to make it more aggressive.

so...who know, maybe we can cooperate - you with your knowledge on sdk and python, and my xml editing and mod.

***edit***

oh one more thing - did you started your mod based on one of exaviers mod? 1.7 1.6 1.4....so on???

Kel,

First I would love to co-operate with you. I did indeed have a great mod idea for you, as you seem to love units and I would love this mod for myself and I am sure other molders would love it as well, I also understand your doing a lot of work already but I'll throw the idea out at you anyway.

Take Each Time Period
And add 1 unit for use of all Civ's Balance it so that it is not as strong as a UU just an added unit, there are some great models out there already and start creating a pack similar to your UU pack but with units for each of the different time periods (Classical, Renaissance, Modern, Stone ect ect). Does this make any sense? It would be important that these units are balanced to make them only as good as the units out there for example if your adding Fusiliers to around the 1500 time period that they not be to over powering compared to the units that are already out there in that time period.(UU's though should be more powerful IMHO)

Ok anyway.
I agree with the Megaopolis mod, I'm not sure I like it. I still cant figure it out.
I'm holding off on Civ's till I see what comes out of Arma's work since his stuff will translate into the Civ Gold teams work (I do think Sevo used Civ Gold as well)

I just added the Civics's it will come out with Version .3 There are 10 new ones, some slight changes in the tech tree and lots of changes in the Civics. I am using Aussie_Lurkers Civics Balancer Phase 2)

I am waiting of Esurbius to make his religion mod warlords compatible I think that is the direction I want to go with religion although I have never played with it other than the beta test game I am working on for the PbP mod which does include it.

I will add some of Dale's Stuff in. I'm thinking version 4 or 5 will be when I do that. I have nothing slated yet for version .4 though it all depends on what I have left from the .3 release, The missile stuff is one of the things I was looking to add in, I just dont have any missile units yet :) [hint hint]
Bombardment sounds like a good idea.

I took the idea from composite mod, about having a mod that was a showcase of the best add ins that others had done and adding to it and ontop of it. I did not base the original code off of any mod, I just started adding stuff.

I love the 24 civ map stuff, I think I'm the only mod that includes those with it. I have someone working with me right now doing a 20 Civ Europe map (more will be revealed assuming it's ready for .3)

I would be VERY happy to see religious victory!!!!!!

Got any idea's on Missile Units?

Hello all, Ket nice work.
I have to agree with Keldath on the three radius Megaopolis mod, the classic is the way to go. Dales combat mod would be a nice addition because of the stack attack feature, more realistic. As to Keldath and no more civs for the moment I feel I need to state my case for one more civ, CANADA. In the game we have esoteric nations like the Zulus etc.. Canada is a member of the U.N, NATO, the G8+1, all of which are represented in the game, I mean G8 not U.N members. I feel as a minimum Canada should be included in any near future mod upgrade.
Can you guess I am a proud Canadian. None of this is meant to provoke ire or anger just a hopefull request from a long time Civ player. Maybe the merger of Turtles mods?
Anyways thank you for reading this and take care!
Cheers!
Andrew :goodjob:

I have Canada Mod slated for inclusion BUT the sounds they used drive me insane!

OK been working on the map situation, and here is what i have so far.
Your MOD works with the Pantasic 24 map and Earth 24 but as soon as i use a different map it crashes, i specifically made a map that worked with normal Warlords (Mediteranian Huge) worked great but then as soon as i uploaded your mod and tried it it crashed again. So something in your mod is rejecting all other maps except the 24 maps. I tried more than 10 different maps same problem.
I also added in the dll for 24 in your assets area, then took it out again to see if that was the problem, it wasn't.

@StrategyOnly

Ok I figured this one out. I don't think the 24 change to the .dll was ever meant to be used in the manner I am using it for. But thats ok, I figured out how to get around the problem and this problem will occur with ANYONE using the modified .DLL in there mod, so I'm going to post my findings in the customization forum.

Essentially you MUST have 24 Player/Team Slots Defined to be able to use the custom map if you are running the 24 flag.
The ones that are not used need to be set to NONE

BeginPlayer
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Team=23
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

Here is what I did to test this

This was all done loading my mod first

1) Loaded your Clean map of the world (huge) game crashed
2) Copied the Pantastic 24 Map and Removed the Celts (I was going to do this anyway) I deleted both the Player and Team Slots for the Celts GAME CRASHED
3) Loaded the Original Pantastic 24 Game Ran
4) I noticed that if the file is incorrect when you get to the screen that shows the map size it will say small reguardless of what is set in the file, this lead me to believe that something was causing the file to be misread. The only change was removing the Celts. I then checked Rhye's 23 Civ Map (No Celts) and noticed he had all 24 Player/Teams Definded but the celt one was set to None as I posted above
5) Added back what I posted above and copied another BeginTeam/EndTeam section
6) Map now ran

Essentially to anyone running the 24 civ hack, NO map file will run unless it has 24 civ's defined.

So to get whatever map you want to work with it, just flesh out the BeginTeam/EndTeam And BeginPlayer/EndPlayer to total 24 and just set the ones not in use to none

hey ket,

ok,
about the extra unit,
i understanf you want to add a unit catagory for each period of time,
well to the late game i added around 7 catagories - i made modern war to be more interesting with variety.

its possible to add 1 more units, i have eanough models for it, but to tell you hte thruth, i dont like to have too much diversity in units, because, when you have a lot of them - you loose the uniqueness of some others,
but it is possible to make another unit with similar properties, so it will be possible to build eaither this unit or the other - depends who you like....that can be a nice idea.

ten more civics...how lovley,
do you want me to pass you the files for perhaps merging 2 new catagories?
thus - youll have great diversity?

i see about the religion, so we'll wait :)

i aleady added religious vic - in my version i have now, its so easy to add, work nicely.

oh ....dale...i cant wait to see misslies in your mod.

no problem i can make the models for missiles - i have 4-5 models waitng for someone to make this missle addition. so ne you implement the code, i do the models.

oh acttualt its a releif to know that you didnt use the acctual exaviers mod, cause on his late versions - it crushed....

KhandaharKopper ,
i have canada in my mod, added by sevo originally,

when i merge my mod with this one ill add its - really easy to add by the way.

Top Bottom