Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

Houman said:
War,

The Gold version will be out next weekend (oct 7/8) (Damn one week before the new bloody patch. I guess if Firaxis release the new patch I retire...its just too much work. lol

You guys are great and have put a ton of work into TR for us to enjoy. I hope that you do not get discouraged and quit. If I had not found this forum and the TR MOD I would have put Warlords vanilla on the self just as I had done with Civ IV. Playing the TR has brought back the old excitement. Heck I would even be willing to pay for the rights to use the TR as I enjoy it so much. Looking forward to the Gold.

when will you release the new map? have you guys isolated the captured city - no cultural borders problem yet?

MindProphetX said:
when will you release the new map? have you guys isolated the captured city - no cultural borders problem yet?
I am not sure it is a problem. I too had captured 2 cities from the Barbarians and it would not expand. However I just built a monument and POW the borders expanded. I think one has to build culture for the city to expand. I am building a monument in the other city and will let you know if it expands when completed.

Edit note:

I just completed the monument in the 2nd captured city and the borders did in fact expand. I am sure that this is not a problem. For a captured city to expand one must build culture. I don't know if this is designed this way but that seems to be the way it is working so far. I have not gone to war with another Civ yet but gearing up to do so. Will not know if this will hold true to a captured city if it does not have any culture left when the capture is finished.

I just bumped into the Scandvanadian (its under turn 50) and they have a mercenary that somehow cloned himself, so they have an army of at least 10-15 (edit; let me revise that they have around 50 of the same mercany unit) units of an axeman type mercenary unit all with the same name... lol, they are rolling all the Barb citys and declaring war on everyone...
this error inclined me to review the world builder and to NO SURPRISE, I see this isn't the first clone, I"m kinda stuck on who cloned the first human lol, was it the Zulu's or the Scav's

...and if you think thats one hell of a recruiting job than you haven't seen jack because in Africa the Zulus have a war chariot that has cloned himself so many times that the inflation must be killing him, he curently owns all the barb cities in Africa with the exception of Rabet... thats all there is down there, massive stacks of war chariot units... its crazy...lol

I wonder who will win the clone wars...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

this has all happened in under 50 turns and the mercenaries are definately clones because they have the same names respectively...

@Sailor, I think this must be some kinda bug I mean regarding the cultural borders after you capture a city (doesn't seem to matter if it is another civ or barb) you shouldn't have to build anything to reestablish the preliminary borders...
I think this problem started occuring for me originally after the newest or next to newest patch for the civ vanilla and perhaps the bugged files were mistakenly put into the warlords version...

Just in case I'm going to try the cache thing, although I've never had to before + I wouldn't know why I would have to considering I've never even played civ4 default or civ warlords default not to mention any other mods...

Houman;

Yeah. It's a direct2drive installation. I've seen some others posting with the same problem. Other mods work with Warlords, so it's not necessarily inherent with the D2D Warlords. The D2D installation must do something different in the registry that's confusing your installer.

alas a new game and more clones...
turn 26 I decide to see if by chance there are in clones being produced and yet again those damn Zulu's must have some kind of genetic enhancement causing the mutations to allow them to reproduce asexually...
no other discrepancies noted up until that point

a side note it seems rather easy for me to just be able to recruit a mercenary within the opening turns (because of gold from a booty hut) to be able to seize barbarian cities and even easier to take out whole other civs...I guess this falls under the "good scout" concept just don't do it, huh? makes it too easy anyway (recruiting any of the many level 0 mounted units has become a strategy as of late making it too simple, alas if I don't recruit him the AI will, usually to no avail kinda just sits around until the AI has to send him home)

will try one more time... hopefully no clones

also I did delete the custom assets before this attempt...

again the Scav's clone their merc... I think I'll wait for this to be fixed before I continue to test...

Mercs cloning? this sounds bad.

I looked at the list of religions, I think Buddhism and Christianity need a lower spread rate, and Taoism a higher spread rate.

Buddhism is too high compared to other ancient religions, and christianity is too high because it has all those missionaries to spread it manually.

Taoism needs a higher rate because it's too hard to use just now.

WarKirby said:
Mercs cloning? this sounds bad.

I looked at the list of religions, I think Buddhism and Christianity need a lower spread rate, and Taoism a higher spread rate.

Buddhism is too high compared to other ancient religions, and christianity is too high because it has all those missionaries to spread it manually.

Taoism needs a higher rate because it's too hard to use just now.

Lol, yeah they truly are so it seems. Funny now that I put it into perspective perhaps thats why I noticed a few civs dissappearing early on in preliminary trials of TR warlords...

Houman,

I was playing as Mali on TR world map and something really awesome seem to have happened... As MindProphetX wrote, merc seems to duplicate or something like that. After 70 turns, Zulu had conquered ALL barbs cities of Africa, even Rabat in Morocco. At that time, he had 21 Numidians Horsemen !!!
I'm sure that it's merc unit because i used the worldbuilder to cheat and see if he has alreay discovered the appropriate tech and if he has an Horse ressource. He had none of them....

I think that mercs are too strong (too high level,...) as i had already said. But if now they duplicate..... pfff, it will be impossible !

The Frog.

Houman,

I'm really sure that mercs are copying (same name for exemple)....:eek: Ten turns after, the Zulu hired an other Merc : an Archer with Garisson I and II. I made a few more turns (don't remember how many) and his mercs can be seen 5 times ! And the Numidian still continue to "copulate"... Now 28 of them are roaming in Africa....:eek:

Big problem !!! :cry: It's a good way to conquer the world: cloning troops.....
I will continue a little bit to see what will happened.... but it's impossible to play. As Zulu are very aggressive, they declare war on Egypt and conquered it very very easily (around 6 turns were needed). Looses were very few as the Numidian is level 6..... :mad: :cry:

Something had to be done quickly, it's impossible to test Beta TR when you've got an aggressive neighbor that use mercs. I will wait for this to be fixed to continue the test....:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PS: Cloning troops could be very interesting for G.W.Bush at that time. No ? ;)

The (unique :D )Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Houman,

I'm really sure that mercs are copying (same name for exemple)....:eek: Ten turns after, the Zulu hired an other Merc : an Archer with Garisson I and II. I made a few more turns (don't remember how many) and his mercs can be seen 5 times ! And the Numidian still continue to "copulate"... Now 28 of them are roaming in Africa....:eek:

Big problem !!! :cry: It's a good way to conquer the world: cloning troops.....
I will continue a little bit to see what will happened.... but it's impossible to play. As Zulu are very aggressive, they declare war on Egypt and conquered it very very easily (around 6 turns were needed). Looses were very few as the Numidian is level 6..... :mad: :cry:

Something had to be done quickly, it's impossible to test Beta TR when you've got an aggressive neighbor that use mercs. I will wait for this to be fixed to continue the test....:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PS: Cloning troops could be very interesting for G.W.Bush at that time. No ? ;)

The (unique :D )Frog.

lol, now your hearing me...

Bush and clones don't mix as you can tell from Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. basically clones and not the kind you want around
however, I don't think I'll go as far as denouncing Bush's family as whole considering the Bushette twins, now those are some clones I wouldn't mind having around...

MindProphetX said:
lol, now your hearing me...

Bush and clones don't mix as you can tell from Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. basically clones and not the kind you want around
however, I don't think I'll go as far as denouncing Bush's family as whole considering the Bushette twins, now those are some clones I wouldn't mind having around...

Cool ! It was a joke, a bad one if you want but a joke ! :p I just want to say that he needs troops in Irak, and cloning is own one would (perhaps) make him happy to solve this problem....:mischief:
Sorry if it's hurt you. :)

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Cool ! It was a joke, a bad one if you want but a joke ! :p I just want to say that he needs troops in Irak, and cloning is own one would (perhaps) make him happy to solve this problem....:mischief:
Sorry if it's hurt you. :)

The Frog.

lol, seriously no offense taken and I don't think you directed any regardless. I'm an advocate of Rreedom of Speech so spit it out, anyway there may be a misunderstanding thats all...

I see there is this copying problem. Are only mercs affected? Can someone confirm this?

I know there is one error with Stack Aid. StacjAid is meant for 18 Civs and now that we have 24 it will fail here and there....

Thanks
Houman

Mansa Musa had 15 merc spearmen all with the same name:confused: . This was just with the discovery of bronze working so it would be fairly devastating if he decided to use them.:(

Consider this confirmation. btw I was using 24 civs. I should have lowered the sea level. Not enough land for 24 civs to function properly. Everyone gets stuck in a tiny area with only 2-3 cities, and noone can get the economy to build an army and invadde their neighbors. Game gets stagnant.:sad:

Hope you fix the cloning thing. It's a hotseat game so we can't rectify it with worldbuilder.

WarKirby

*goes to buld a bunch of axemen, and make a last stand*:mad: :mad: :mad:

Houman,

Only mercs are copying in my games. I never had one of my own "national" unit that duplicate. Never.

The Frog.

All,

I have sent a PM to Houman to explain to him a problem i have just had in one of my gameplay.
It seems that with the Great Wall and slavery civic, troops created after a slaves rebellion are automatically thrown out of your frontiers.
It's a bonus, of course, but i don't think that is really what was wished.

Can somebody tell me (and Houman) if i'm right or not ?

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
All,

I have sent a PM to Houman to explain to him a problem i have just had in one of my gameplay.
It seems that with the Great Wall and slavery civic, troops created after a slaves rebellion are automatically thrown out of your frontiers.
It's a bonus, of course, but i don't think that is really what was wished.

Can somebody tell me (and Houman) if i'm right or not ?

The Frog.
It was my understanding that in the vanilla game that the Great Wall Wonder benefit was that it kept Barbarians out. So in my mind, when a rebellion spawns a Barbarian then the wonder would in fact kick them out.

Top Bottom