Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

Yea i dont like this new AI too.

Like war with Incas as Spain. He come up to Seville (walls + 3 city garrison I archers on hill) with 5 quetchas (some combat II, some city raider, some attck) and 4 native archers (all city raider I), he attacked me with 3 units of this stack, and than retreated.

Also AI tend to defend its capitol city with only one mercenary archer, and when his contract ends, his capitol is left undefended... He will not stop temple production (10 turns to go) to make a new defending units... not to mention he has slavary adopted. (he was in my team).

there was bug in AI with stack attack and with production choice (your reports confirm this :) ) - in pre-gold release will be included latest official release of BetterAI, where this bugs is solved

BMP-3 sound - hmm, i did not notice this, i will check this on other computer today

mexico

Hi bovinespy,

Pleased that you like the Pagan Temple concept. It's one of our great add on, not yet stabilized (values, cost,...) but working well despite some small critizes.

You are right about the weakness of some civs. As the main tester of the Team, American, Russian and Egyptian are among those in the most critic situation. But it will changed with two defensive units. I hope.

Hian the Frog.

Hi Hian. Well, despite saying I'd try somebody else, I just couldn't say 'no' to the challenge of getting a game going as America. After 2 or 3 more failed attempts (usually crushed by stack of Barb Archers, once that b*stard Monty decided to kick me while I was down), I finally got over the hump, and started to steam-roll the rest of the Western Hemisphere. (I'm playing on Noble now, trying to get a feel for TR again and all the different civs. I'll probably settle around Prince/Monarch eventually.)

I appreciate that it's a very fine line you have to walk with tweaking the starting set-ups. A minor change can make a game a cakewalk or an exercise in frustration. That said, don't make things too much easier on America (or the other civs you're fine-tuning). I really like how in this mod, the barbarian presence inspires a healthy fear of the unkown early in the game, and a (somewhat) challenging obstacle to rapid expansion in the early-midle part of the game.

BTW, a propos to nothing, but I noticed in my last game that Domination Victory was disabled. Is this an error or WAD? If it is WAD, why is that the case? Given the huge size of this map, having to do a total conquest for a military victory seems a tad masochistic, IMHO...;)

If barbarians could have fast moving units that kills off scouts and scouting military, but not attacking cities/destroying improvements it would be cool.
Im talking about premade units with that kind of script on World Map.

BMP-3 sound - hmm, i did not notice this, i will check this on other computer today

mexico
Mexico I reported this in the bug section twice a few days ago,page 11 post 209 in the bug section,and posted a game save on how to find this sound problem,know one responded.I thought I was the only one who hated this sound :)

Mexico I reported this in the bug section twice a few days ago,page 11 post 209 in the bug section,and posted a game save on how to find this sound problem,know one responded.I thought I was the only one who hated this sound :)

yes, i remember - but i was busy at work last week (and i forget to check this)
i made some test, here is first result: bugged unit is BMP-2 and bmp-3 (when i first time tested this, i have disabled sound card :) an i didn't notice this)

RESULT:
cannot disable this sound for units, so units will be removed in gold release (who know, which other bugs they can contain, The Conquest (author) was not on-line for last month)

Small (that can turn ito J.LO behind size one) request:

Can you make random religion founding in later starts ? Becouse on earlier start I allways get Judaism. Its like top players (when setting whi yu want to play, and witch PC player is who) get religions. 1st is Judaism, 2nd is Hinduism or Zoroastrialism (never know).

Just looked at Japan cities in XML and could not belive that Kobe (Kōbe-shi). One of Japans major ports (now days) and is located not far from Osaka and Kyoto. It was once a Japans capitol (Heian peroid if im right was know for its constant changing capitol after each new shogun).

Nice mod but i can't help to get really really annoyed about how big the city and unit graphics are, plz could someone tell me in which file i should look to change the size back to normal, do anyone think its better when its this big..?

If it matters.. i played on the Earthmap

Nice mod but i can't help to get really really annoyed about how big the city and unit graphics are, plz could someone tell me in which file i should look to change the size back to normal, do anyone think its better when its this big..?

If it matters.. i played on the Earthmap

What do you mean with big? We have downsized the units even a bit compared to Vanilla. :crazyeye:

Big cities, i agree, 7 population city is too small fot 1 plot, it speads to sorrounding, making mines, farms etc nearelly invisable.
I think city should have size of 12 before expanding to other plots.

Top Bottom