Warmonger's Delight Part II - Aztec Style (AWN)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Warmonger's_Delight_II_AD-1920.Civ4SavedGame

First thing, crank culture to 40% to negate the WW.

IBT- Mongol suicides 5 crossbows, 3 axes a pike, sword and keshik at Harrapan defended by grenadiers, infantry. AI is getting desperate.

Turn 1 (1902) - Rifle and infantry kill mace and longbow to capture Thessalonika. :)
Turn science off. Time for a modernization program. Upgrade some troops.

IBT- More suicides, but our infantry succumb to the sheer weight of numbers and Harrapan falls. :( We’ll be back in a bit with some more reinforcements. ;)

Turn 2 (1904) Mycenae is bombed and defending crossbow defeated. At Pharsalos, suicide an artillery and eliminate the 3 defenders. Greece is out. :goodjob: Now to tend to Mister Khan. :evil:

Turn 3 (1906) Upgrade troops

Turn 4 (1908) At Beshbalik infantry kills LB. And again. Grenadier kills crossbow. Cav and grenadier kill cats and Beshbalik is torched. Kill the 4 workers I have no need for. 11 infantry and an artillery set out on 3 transports from Greeceland.

Turn 5 (1910) Artillery damages a bunch of pathetic troops defending Ning Hsia. The infantry storms in and it is captured. :) Kill a settler pair to the south. Notice we’re building Broadway and Statue of Liberty. :crazyeye: Really hooked on wonders, aren’t you? Replace builds for infantry.

Turn 6 (1912) A couple more upgrades.

Turn 7 (1914) Tabriz is shelled to zero defense, infantry storms in. Our first infantry actually loses to a LB, the next two win and Tabriz is gone. :p

IBT 2 keshiks die attacking our infantry across a river.

Turn 8 (1916) A little recon in the Mongol interior

IBT- Mongol keshik suicides vs infantry outside Karakorum.

Turn 9 (1918) More movement. Crank science back up a tad.

IBT- About a dozen medieval units launch banzai attacks against our infantry and are slaughtered. :lol: That was probably about a third of their remaining army.

Turn 10 (1920) Four cav, two infantry and two grenadiers move next to Old Sarai,, so that should fall next turn. Turfan is attacked by 3 infantry that kill 3 LBs. Arty kills cat and Turfan is destroyed. :) Upgrade the last of the sailing ships, now our navy is 14 destroyers and 13 transports. Amphib transport drops four infantry next to Karakorum. We have another transport behind it named Karakorum Express that can drop another two infantry and two artillery there next turn. Another amphib attack kills a couple light units. And done.

I built about 95% infantry. That’s all we need from here, although we probably have enough troops on Mongolian soil to finish the job.

That does it for me, as I‘ve probably seen my last SG . Civ4 is certainly a different game, but it just seems to me to have lost an epic quality that Civ3 brought. Thanks for this one; sorry Nad didn’t have an opportunity to see this one through. Bring us home, jameson.

Sorry to see ya go, buddy.

Dunno about epic factor of Civ 4. Late game micro is still tedious.

I don't know about the late game micro; I think Civ3 seemed to have a bit more opportunities for drama, because of, rather than in spite of its sometimes flawed mechanics. That being said, I'm far from done with IV and probably need to start playing Emperor or Immortal games.

Anyway, got it.

Inh. turn.

I take a look at the minimap:

Then I take a look at the victory screen:

And, in probably the shortest turnset I'll ever play, I press enter:

We score 23,266 points, worthy of Imperator Caesar Augustus. Something more challenging would seem to be required for the next game, but a nice game all in all :goodjob:.
Just download M60A3TTS's save to get this in your HoF.

great game, though the team didn't have NAD to see it through. M60A3TTS, it is sad that you go. I am still trying to explore Civ4 for the epic feel, but I agree it has something missing.
The AW games of C3C are simply awesome and maybe an expansion pack for Civ4 will deal with that.

GG. I am sorry I had to quit. Noble, raging barbarians, all the opponents isolated by ocean, but our coastal access to the Inca made this game a walk in the park for this team.
Congrat to everyone!

Great job, team. We did quite well. Actually, the difficulty level seemed a bit low for us once we found and hit the Incans with galleys.

Top Bottom